• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roubjon

Anyone on ps4 want to group up on ps4 quick play today for xp boost?

Kinda just listening to podcasts and chillin so I'm kinda playing casual and won't voice chat, but figured I'd check if someone wants xp too.

I can't play now, but I'll add you so we can play some other time.

It's always fun to have two Reapers on your team, then have the person who picked Reaper second moan at the team for not having a healer.

It's always the Reapers who are the pricks. Always.

peakish

It's like I'm playing a different game to some people here. Went from 57 to 59 tonight, some but not a lot of whine in the team chat (most of the whine was in a KOTH map we lost on due to us not having any answer to their Pharah), no leavers, generally decent comps, most games starring two tanks and two supports without discussion, tons of fun.

Knowing that this isn't representative for most players is damn sad.

Edit: This is in dual queue, IDK if I'll solo queue any more in competitive.

It's like I'm playing a different game to some people here. Went from 57 to 59 tonight, some but not a lot of whine in the team chat (most of the whine was in a KOTH map we lost on due to us not having any answer to their Pharah), no leavers, generally decent comps, most games starring two tanks and two supports without discussion, tons of fun.

I should imagine most of the (legit) complaints are console side. I love this game but I can't see it having much of a population on console once COD and Battlefield drop, the whole concept of it is totally alien to the player base

benzopil

I love how Blizzard didn't even say "console users will get this update at a later date". One step forward two steps back with console support. We are playing your game too, you know.

I know about certification (although Homefront on PS4 got like 3 patches in 2 weeks but whatever), but for the love of God say something Blizzard.

Zemm

So KotH is worthless in QP because of this stat/XP bug again. How fucking bad are Blizzard, like seriously just so bad. This game is Beta state at best.

Artanisix

Edit: This is in dual queue, IDK if I'll solo queue any more in competitive.

people can't deal with losing, they're prob getting set to a higher rank than they should and then depressed that they're being lowered to their true mmr

i'm only partly joking btw

peakish

LG is running a neat double Hanzo comp on attack in the ESL qualifiers, working with Zarya synergy for their ults. I'm expecting this to make Hanzo even more popular in pubs.

Zemm

I'm expecting this to make Hanzo even more popular in pubs.

images

Gator86

It's always fun to have two Reapers on your team, then have the person who picked Reaper second moan at the team for not having a healer.

It's always the Reapers who are the pricks. Always.

Attackers and Hanzo are the ones that usually suck, in my experience. They're the ones who are usually just miserable garbage and refuse to switch or scream for healing a mile away. The floor is just lower for attackers than someone like Lucio. Supports are marginally useful, at least, just by being alive. A bad attacker who can't land a hit or get kills is fucking useless and a total albatross.

Feel free to add me anyone for ps4

Mostly play competitive, with voice chat, and at nights :)

PSN: jorgejjvr

Sent you a friend request - I usually split my Overwatch time between GAF and with a friend of mine who prefers to play more casually, but I'm up for kickin' ass in a GAF group.

jorgejjvr

Sent you a friend request - I usually split my Overwatch time between GAF and with a friend of mine who prefers to play more casually, but I'm up for kickin' ass in a GAF group.

Haha great, I also play with friends....and ive made the mistake of playing competitive with them, should do casual/quickplay like you

But definitely want to build a good gaf group that is reliable at nights xD

Accepted!

I noticed this too.
I find the Reapers are always most likely to be whining too about how nobody else is doing anything while they are so rocking it. To be fair I do play him ocassionally too but since I actual understand the basic concepts of the game I don't whine.

If you get a friend request from Talynn#1113, it's me.

I hate scheduling my life around games, but I add as many people as possible so I can invite people whenever I'm on as it's much better to play competitive with a group of people who play semi-seriously :p

rsz_13576862_10206126820201547_6034549466811901426_o.jpg

This is dumb. I get basically nothing for this game.

Hanamura, they barely managae to capture both points after going to overtime for each.

We do it super quick.

They fail in two minutes, we have 7 minutes to capture one point, the game is basically over. And then they all quit. That's a full game for all intents and purposes. And I get 1/15th of a rank up.

How did they not forsee this?

Defending. Team is full of soldiers and tracers. Three people after ten minutes of play, making the match worthless. The 40s are teaching me I was too hard on the 50s.

Attacking. A Hanzo standing at the doorway doing nothing. A Mercy healing him. A Roadhog hiding somewhere. A Genji not dismantling their easily defeated Bastion. I manage to kill three of theirs, on the point, looking at these guys all standing at the doorway. Slowly capturing it myself. Enemies respawn and start rushing in. They're still at the doorway. trying to pick them off. I'm now fighting out five people to the best I can. They're still at the doorway. I manage to detonate my D.Va and kill most of them, but die in the process. The point is empty and they just need to stand on it for two seconds to capture it. They're still at the doorway.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I want Blizzard to add a constantly blinking box that says "GROUP UP, DON'T GO IN ALONE" in a future update.

I genuinely think the game needs Deadly Boss Mod like notifications for players to actually pay attention sometimes. >_<

Defending. Team is full of soldiers and tracers. Three people after ten minutes of play, making the match worthless. The 40s are teaching me I was too hard on the 50s.

Went from 52 to 44, just outside of 45. I feel like Leonardo DiCaprio in The Revenant - the salt is fueling my climb back up.

Zemm

I'm actually having some really good games in Quick Play tonight. People seem to be a lot chiller and talkative even if only in text. Had a great game with Gwyncinder where we all went Tracer and they responded by trying to send some Winston's, everyone laughed.

It feels like people have had enough of comp or just want somewhere that isn't as intense. Seeing a lot of D'Vas that are actually useful and taking out Turrets and stuff too.

cheers.png

Crzy1

Have been having some really good comp games tonight. Not a ton of salt in chat when we aren't doing so great and haven't played any where I feel like my team is woefully outmatched (although I have had a loss or two that could have been wins if not for a person or two holding the team back with their bad picks). Guess the player ratings are starting to stabilize.

Flandy

I've never played Competitive so I don't have a rank. My friend already went through the initial competitive rank thing. Can we play together or do I have to play through the 10 matches first?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've never played Competitive so I don't have a rank. My friend already went through the initial competitive rank thing. Can we play together or do I have to play through the 10 matches first?

Unranked and ranked can group up for comp.

Satch

Banned
anybody here warm up before playing ?

i usually go to training range first thing and pick mccree and shoot stuff for like fifteen minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom