• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back into the game last night and I got four PotGs in a row! That felt so good. Ana is really fun too. I thought I wouldn't like her since I suck at sniping but I'm not doing too bad with her. I find myself no-scoping a lot.

I got my first POTG as Ana last night - I grenaded about four people in a Zarya Graviton Surge and got credit for all four kills. I'll take it.

But no-scope Ana is much better than playing her as a sniper. I find myself focusing more on healing my team with regular shots and grenading/sleeping enemies.

brian!

Im the opposite, i started out no-scoping but im gradually starting to scope a little more.

Which reminds me last night in comp., we were going back and forth on anubis with both teams sucking ass on defense. There was one guy who kept picking sym on defense (to no avail), and one guy who was picking ana on offense (prtty decent). The ana wanted to play her on defense also but ppl on our team kept saying she was bad on defense (tru)...i might have lied and told the team that she was getting played on defense recently just so we didnt have to deal w/ a guy insta-picking sym everytime we were on defense lol. We won so everyone happy

Astral

I got my first POTG as Ana last night - I grenaded about four people in a Zarya Graviton Surge and got credit for all four kills. I'll take it.

But no-scope Ana is much better than playing her as a sniper. I find myself focusing more on healing my team with regular shots and grenading/sleeping enemies.

I miss my team all the time when I use the scope so I just stick close to them and blast them constantly lol. It felt so good last night watching a Genji desperately trying to kill a turret mode Bastion with his ult while I hid in a corner constantly healing the Bastion. Occasionally I'll use the scope to cause a stationary Widowmaker to flee or just fire at bigger targets. I really need to improve my sleep dart aim though.

Prelude.

Scoping or no-scoping with Ana is situational, it's not exactly preference. Scoping is hitscan and leaves a trail behind the bullet just like scoped Widow, while no-scoping doesn't, so you should use both depending on the occasion.

I hate playing with a group thats defending with 3 attackers and two of them are Genji. Its pretty fucking annoying. Doesnt even cover the ground of a balanced team.

FUCK YES!!!

EI7SPta.jpg

Edit: to go with it:

If anyone is curious. I placed at 66 from my initial 10 games. Fell all the way down to 62 when I first started solo queuing. Then climbed back up over the course of the entire season pretty much. I hit a wall at 73 for a long time, and even fell back down to 68 before I would climb back up and just now break through.

2nd Edit: PSN, btw.

JHall

I just built my new PC and I need people to play with! I'm 75 comp on Xbox so I know what I'm doing

Battlenet: Hall#12121

Soulflarz

Banned
nice, who says you can't solo your way to the top? lol

For reference, just to demoralize everyone who says you can't

The number one player in NA was Tisumi last night

...that's a smurf who only solo queues

You can't make this stuff up :')

Gurrry

holy fuck dude

i just won a game where we were both tied at 51 mmr, and i got barely a centimeter of my bar filled up.

the previous game, I had 2 quitters on my team and lost like 2 whole bars.

what the actual fuck

I hate playing with a group thats defending with 3 attackers and two of them are Genji. Its pretty fucking annoying. Doesnt even cover the ground of a balanced team.
Offensive heroes are actually better at defending than defense heroes. All the defense heroes are pretty underwhelming, except maybe Junkrat. Also, Genji is very good on defense.

FUCK SAKE!

Just had a game on Nepal where we were close to winning the first round when a team mate leaves, he was partied up with someone, who also leaves. We lose the round. Not surprisingly, it's 6 against 4. Someone else leaves before round 2. Fan-fucking-tastic!

The three of us who remain have well and truly been fucked up the arse.

Seriously. Just add in AI to fill the spots. It is not fair at all on those people who want to carry on playing. Just sitting in the spawn area for two straight rounds because we get absolutely swarmed on.

Sick of it.

Wut? nah his movement as Widow is totally unnatural.

It's not even the Widow part. When he switches to soldier, notice how almost every bullet out of this clip is a headshot?

The Widow part is obvious because the screen is automatically moving itself in a split second to land the headshot, though.

I'm sure the game itself has shit hard coded into that to send flags to Blizzard.

If Headshot accuracy >80% send possible ban report.

xaosslug

FUCK YES!!!

Edit: to go with it:

If anyone is curious. I placed at 66 from my initial 10 games. Fell all the way down to 62 when I first started solo queuing. Then climbed back up over the course of the entire season pretty much. I hit a wall at 73 for a long time, and even fell back down to 68 before I would climb back up and just now break through.

2nd Edit: PSN, btw.

'grats! :bow

Just something I have noticed, and I am sure others have as well, but the Hero gallery has changed configuration recently. After Ana the Hero Gallery was perfectly lined up with 11 on top 11 on the bottom row. Now there are 13 up top and 11 on the bottom leaving a space under each hero at the end of the top row. Could be nothing, but still weird change to make nonetheless.

What is this 170mb patch the launcher is preloading today?
Sombra hype??? VVVV
Just something I have noticed, and I am sure others have as well, but the Hero gallery has changed configuration recently. After Ana the Hero Gallery was perfectly lined up with 11 on top 11 on the bottom row. Now there are 13 up top and 11 on the bottom leaving a space under each hero at the end of the top row. Could be nothing, but still weird change to make nonetheless.
Seems like they're opening up a spot for her based on this.

Sayad

Anyone here uses Farah on console, looking for control remap recommendations. Would like to start using her but the default control kinda impossible.

Anyone here uses Farah on console, looking for control remap recommendations. Would like to start using her but the default control kinda impossible.
Quick question. Are you using X for her hover? If so, you can use L2 to do the same thing. I thought the same thing you did until I figured that out.

Soulflarz

Banned
holy fuck dude

i just won a game where we were both tied at 51 mmr, and i got barely a centimeter of my bar filled up.

the previous game, I had 2 quitters on my team and lost like 2 whole bars.

what the actual fuck

Your internal MMR<your rank, nothing to do with those matches

That doesn't really apply when you start at the top already.

. because while

you still need to hope to have good randoms to reach it. a shitty team ain't gonna help.

is mostly true, if you're outplaying your level it's not really worth noting. Regardless of the randoms in the 50s and 60s for 3-4 teammates every match, I still was able to consistently do actions that could overwhelmingly be considered saving a match due to skill difference.

To reword, a good team can take someone to an high rank regardless of if everyone on the team individiaully is actually a worse rank, but solo queue will throw you where you need to be eventually.

That doesn't really apply when you start at the top already.

Exactly where is starting at the top?

H1GMyXj.png

Because it feels like you're just waving away my accomplishments as if it wasn't a result of my working to better myself for over a month.

Pharah is my main, and I use the defautl scheme. But make sure you change your reticle color to help with some contrast.

LiK

is mostly true, if you're outplaying your level it's not really worth noting. Regardless of the randoms in the 50s and 60s for 3-4 teammates every match, I still was able to consistently do actions that could overwhelmingly be considered saving a match due to skill difference.

To reword, a good team can take someone to an high rank regardless of if everyone on the team individiaully is actually a worse rank, but solo queue will throw you where you need to be eventually.

i soloed for one match last night and ended up with a 5 man group. they were pretty terrible and struggled to take the capture point. they also kept splitting up for no reason. i was the one who ended up taking out 3 guys with my Ult and we captured the first point and it was the PotM. went into Sudden Death and these guys couldn't defend for shit. boy, that was frustrating. I had better luck with all randoms than with these group of guys.

Soulflarz

Banned
Exactly where is starting at the top?

H1GMyXj.png

FWIW 60s is high.
I played with friends who were 40s in placement so we placed rather low, then worked up to 70s after (the 3 of us who went on placed between 53 and 57 iirc)

not all pros place 70s instantly if they aren't in their pro team group from minute one.

i soloed for one match last night and ended up with a 5 man group. they were pretty terrible and struggled to take the capture point. they also kept splitting up for no reason. i was the one who ended up taking out 3 guys with my Ult and we captured the first point and it was the PotM. went into Sudden Death and these guys couldn't defend for shit. boy, that was frustrating. I had better luck with all randoms than with this group of guys.

5 man groups- either you grabbed 4 pros (my group yesterday where we ranked up a decent bit) or you grabbed 4 friends and want to die inside as you do mediocre because of vast differences in skill level.

Quick question. Are you using X for her hover? If so, you can use L2 to do the same thing. I thought the same thing you did until I figured that out.

Others are saying to press L2 but I'd go one step further and say map jump to L2 as well. The default is X can jump and hover while L2 can only hover, makes little sense to me. Plus you pretty much are never gonna hit X while using her, too awkward.

FWIW 60s is high.
I played with friends who were 40s in placement so we placed rather low, then worked up to 70s after

not all pros place 70s instantly if they aren't in their pro team group from minute one.

Okay, so my reaching top 500 isn't as impressive, as someone else reaching top 500 because I started in the 60s?

I'm not understanding your point, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom