• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Now the Hanzo and Mei pick...Symmetra and Hanzo.

I wish there was a way to mark a player as someone I don't want to play with ever again.

best bet is to take 5 min break after a match with them and hope they get matched up with someone else before you start MM.

xaosslug

if I don't want to play KoTH for the 4th time in a row I should be able to leave the match w/o penalty in the first 15 seconds! T__T

also, the 40's in comp is home to Bastion use... *blinks* And peeps still do not know how to deal w/ him there it seems except to change to Bastion too...

Her turrets definitely need a boost to be more effective. I feel like if you get tagged with 3 at the same time, there should be a slight damage boost. If it drops to 2 then it's the current individual damage, etc.

If not damage, at least something to make them more useful overall.

and if they don't want to buff her up rework her cool down! Let her be able to immediately plant all 6, and when one's destroyed she can immediately place another.

rrs

if I don't want to play KoTH for the 4th time in a row I should be able to leave the match w/o penalty in the first 15 seconds! T__T

also, the 40's in comp is home to Bastion use... *blinks* And peeps still do not know how to deal w/ him there it seems except to change to Bastion too...
Bastion can be really powerful depending on placement, a high risk and high reward character. However, without a good team to keep the robot cinnamon roll safe bastion will quickly become scrap metal.

Not even true. Genji can wipe entire teams with little effort from that Ult. It causes way more damage than Tracer can.

Plus Genji can build up his Ult from safe distance. Tracer has to actually walk into the lions den to get involved.
yeah, genji with skill has an unnatural ability to wreck complete shit, same with zarya

CpcM302UMAISOyp.jpg

I mean what wanker looks at these team comps and thinks, yes what we need right now are a Hanzo, Torb and a Symmetra.

I mean what wanker looks at these team comps and thinks, yes what we need right now are a Hanzo, Torb and a Symmetra.

Torb's are impossible to convince because they get so many eliminations, they see it as contributing.

Symmetra's can be the same, though it requires more active turret placement.

I don't know how Hanzo's wall hack vision works as far as giving credit for kills.

LiK

Hanzo wallhack is pretty useful. I noticed that enemy teams who have a Hazno would be more aware of our placement and do better in certain maps with him. Love or hate Hanzo, his wallhack and BS scattershot helps as long as the player is decent.

Nudull

Banned
I have to give Blizzard credit for actually making support/healer characters fun and interesting, even for someone like me who wouldn't normally play them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
if this thread had its way every team would be pharah, mercy, reaper, junkrat, winston and dva and everyone else would be nerfed into the dirt

Kito

I"ll one up ya, a Torb that does that and doesn't hand out armor except for himself.

Speaking of armour, as a healer I find it absolutely insulting when tanks harvest all of it and leave none for me. You're a full health Reinhardt, I have my heal on you, leave that armour alone ffs.

Kamion

Let me add one thing to the "please do not do this. EVER" list.

If a Tracer sticks a pulse bomb on you, I'm sorry. You fucked up. Please do not run to your healer/to your party while it explodes when they are trying to get away from you.

Jellie

If a Tracer sticks a pulse bomb on you, I'm sorry. You fucked up. Please do not run to your healer/to your party while it explodes when they are trying to get away from you.
Few times I've charged as Reinhardt to keep the team away and end up pinning her as she rewinds so she gets killed number own bomb. Pretty satisfying.

Every time that happens I assume they are the best Mei and Hanzo I've ever seen.

I know that optimism well. "Oh, this player picking Torbjorn on a Control map... maybe they're one of those crazy good Torbjorn players and will surprise me with their..." But it never happens.

meshwork

I'm curious, has anyone here on PC got in the top 500 before?

I don't think so. The highest rank I've seen in EU GAF has been 72 and that's still pretty far from top 500. I would argue that making the top 500 on PC is considerably more difficult considering that there are plenty of actual professional players with multiple accounts stomping people at the higher ranks. There's no Surefours and Talespins on console because anyone who takes this game that seriously plays on PC. Making top 500 regardless of platform is still very impressive, though.

LiK

Dafuq

I don't have the balls to do that with sym especially on comp.

It's true, I saw Kor do it first. Her turrets and main fire is good for that map cuz the points aren't that big and her teleporter can get the backup to keep coming back quicker. Won plenty of matches with her in Lijiang in QP. Fun fun

Nudull

Banned

Whatever happened to the hippocratic oath? You're a healer and you have someone stuck with a bomb capable of killing you all, you help them, goddamnit!

i wonder if i should mccree in comp. i'm totally amazeballs with him during QP but i rather Lucio because then i don't have to be blamed when we lose. everyone seem to be shitting on the other teammates for not doing their part LOL

Ally picks Symmetra on KotH

giphy.gif

Heh, try Symmetra on the Nepal point that's indoors, the Lijang tower point that's got the Spacemen suits, and the Ilios point that's got the health pack behind the point.

She's actually pretty good in close quarters, especially if you can get set up. Armor helps a lot over time with smart teammates too. People freak out when they have to fight you and two - three turrets.

LiK

i wonder if i should mccree in comp. i'm totally amazeballs with him during QP but i rather Lucio because then i don't have to be blamed when we lose. everyone seem to be shitting on the other teammates for not doing their part LOL

Sure, why not. Try him out. Unleash the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom