• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyfi

Banned
I have jump on left bumper for every character but Zen. Works wonders for me, but I'm used to Bumper Jumper from Halo.

LiK

Okay, so my reaching top 500 isn't as impressive, as someone else reaching top 500 because I started in the 60s?

I'm not understanding your point, I think.

whether you placed high or not doesn't take away your ability to reach top 500 with randoms. i think everyone here has horror stories about playing with randoms so it's an accomplishment. you did good bro.

5 man groups- either you grabbed 4 pros (my group yesterday where we ranked up a decent bit) or you grabbed 4 friends and want to die inside as you do mediocre because of vast differences in skill level.

shame you don't wanna play with me in Comp. i would like to have a good Reaper on my team.

Prelude.

Exactly where is starting at the top?

H1GMyXj.png

Because it feels like you're just waving away my accomplishments as if it wasn't a result of my working to better myself for over a month.
It wasn't directed at you at all, but at the "if you're good you'll eventually get out of the 30/40s alone" crowd. You started at 66 and went as "low" as 62, you have never experienced what it's like to be in the actual low levels solo queue.
zz957utx.jpg

What you did is still impressive, but the probability of incurring in teams that can't tell their heads from their asses is exponentially lower at that level so "working your way to the top" is not exactly representative of what you did considering that you started from an extremely high rank.

Jellie

I hit 63 for the first time. 65 is so close, I need it.

Still, my stats are pretty poor. Do you guys think I can make it to 65?

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Scorched-1198?mode=competitive
Your healing and ults for Lucio and Mercy are good but you need to cut down on your deaths. Maybe work on your positioning or if you are too aggressive with Lucio work on the wall riding so you can escape or just tone it down maybe.

Edit: two or three good wins from 63 should get you there so it's possible

Kamion

It wasn't directed at you at all, but at the "if you're good you'll eventually get out of the 30/40s alone" crowd. You started at 66 and went as "low" as 62, you have never experienced what it's like to be in the actual low levels solo queue.

Tbh, nowadays it actually IS easy to get out of the 40s. When skill rating gain was still bugged (like you would get NO rank if someone on the enemy team left but still lost a fuckload if someone on yours did) I fell from 52 to 37. Just got to 54 now and I barely lose any rank when I lose because of the internal MMR.

Like I'd win on rank 41 and gain almost a whole rank. I'd lose on 42 and lose maybe 10% if that.

It still sucks that I had to climb out of that pit because I get your point. If I had STARTED at 60, I'd probably not have fallen that low because people would have played better in general and there would be less leavers/ad players, enabling me to do what I did the past week from the beginning instead of just now.

But going from 62 to top 500 in solo queue is still an amazing accomplishment. I don't think I would've been able to do it even if it wasn't bugged in the beginning, but I might have made it to 65+ at least.

Blues1990

You know, sometimes when Mei uses her Ult and freezes people in it, I noticed people just run away and not even bother shooting into it to try and kill Mei before she kills your frozen teammates. It's pretty annoying. I always try to shoot into it just to try and kill or damage her while she tries to go in for the kill. I dunno, just needed to vent about that.

I usually toss Snowball when the opposing team is either distracted or are fighting a tank, then I go and put up an ice wall to block their escape. Then I go and pick off the healers or 200 HP heroes first, as the tanks won't last long without some support.

I'm sure these were shared when it was posted, but I missed it, so I'm posting them again for anyone that also missed the info:

Season ending rewards:

SR 0-39: 10 CPs
SR 40-45: 20 CPs
SR 46-49: 40 CPs
SR 50-52: 60 CPs
SR 53-55: 80 CPs
SR 56-59: 120 CPs
SR 60-64: 200 CPs
SR 65+: 300 CPs

I'm sure these were shared when it was posted, but I missed it, so I'm posting them again for anyone that also missed the info:

Season ending rewards:

Kill me now.

Veelk

Banned
Seriously, what in the everloving fuck is up with the bastian resurregance in QP?

Over the last two nights I've seen him everywhere. Just now. On both sides, attack and defence, there are two motherfucking bastians (and Widows too, but whatever).

Why

Owzers

Seriously, what in the everloving fuck is up with the bastian resurregance in QP?

Over the last two nights I've seen him everywhere. Just now. On both sides, attack and defence, there are two motherfucking bastians (and Widows too, but whatever).

Why

Two bastions stopped our qp team from taking the last point in Nubani payload.

Do we think Blizzard will nerf Genji or is it just people want him to be nerfed? I think i'd rather have a Winston buff. If Winston is a good counter to a very popular attack character then the counter to Winston can't be half the characters that exist.

Sayad

Quick question. Are you using X for her hover? If so, you can use L2 to do the same thing. I thought the same thing you did until I figured that out.
press L2.
Oh, didn't know you could hover with L2! Thanks.

Pharah is my main, and I use the defautl scheme. But make sure you change your reticle color to help with some contrast.
Yea, did this a while ago, green is much better than the default white.

Season ending rewards:

Well i made it to 60😥 in Solo q hell.😥
Maybe 65 🤔🤔🤔
Nope

xaosslug

remember the good old days when if you ignored Symm's turrets you were basically dead? Now it's like peeps roll up, stand in her turrets' laser beams, take you out AND THEN deal w/ the turrets. T__T

you NEED to use at least 4 turrets to be more than a nuisance, now. smh

Veelk

Banned
Someone on our team leaves.

The match indicator said I could leave without losing points.

I leave.

I'm down a rank.

What the fuck.

matmanx1

PC meta sounds really annoying. sometimes i wonder if i wanna double dip for the stuff you PC guys talk about :p

You totally should. Owning both versions I find the PC version to be a little bit faster and a little bit less frustrating (this is just me talking) simply because aiming is so much easier with a mouse and key presses with the keyboard don't ever really require rebinding or special hand movements. It's all right there on tap at every second.

And for selfish reasons, more Gaf folks on PC means more chance to group up! =)

I know, I had to equip it immediately.

I have no idea why they gave this line to Reaper specifically but Chick Hearn's original was just the best. I don't know of any sportscasters out there right now who have as much personality on a consistent basis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVi98BZ2OwA

Shouta

remember the good old days when if you ignored Symm's turrets you were basically dead? Now it's like peeps roll up, stand in her turrets' laser beams, take you out AND THEN deal w/ the turrets. T__T

you NEED to use at least 4 turrets to be more than a nuisance, now. smh

Her turrets definitely need a boost to be more effective. I feel like if you get tagged with 3 at the same time, there should be a slight damage boost. If it drops to 2 then it's the current individual damage, etc.

If not damage, at least something to make them more useful overall.

LiK

Someone on our team leaves.

The match indicator said I could leave without losing points.

I leave.

I'm down a rank.

What the fuck.

yea, the penalty actually pertains to the leaver penalty and not the loss = loss in XP. so yea, if you don't leave then you're gonna have to struggle through the match and waste your time cuz it's a struggle with 5v6 especially at higher ranks. better to just give up and let them win and get the match over with asap or fuck around and practice. i'm not leaving anymore if it instantly takes down my rank.

LiK

Vault_Dweller is a fantastic Tracer. props to him for some really good elims that helped our team keep the points on KOTH maps.

Kamion

Season ending rewards:

I can try to get to 56 this season I guess, 2 ranks left... not that 40 CP is really worth the hassle right now. I don't know, I don't want gold weapons. Sigh.
Heck, if I played a fuckload I might even get to 60 but... 6 ranks in solo queue is a thing of luck. At my skill level (I mostly play Lucio and Support doesn't get as much rank as good Attackers do, sadly)

I really hope Season 2 doesn't start off with a week of leavers in every game again because that fucked me over sooo much.

Tracer is worse. Goddamn she's annoying.

Not even true. Genji can wipe entire teams with little effort from that Ult. It causes way more damage than Tracer can.

Plus Genji can build up his Ult from safe distance. Tracer has to actually walk into the lions den to get involved.

Kamion

Not even true. Genji can wipe entire teams with little effort from that Ult. It causes way more damage than Tracer can.

Plus Genji can build up his Ult from safe distance. Tracer has to actually walk into the lions den to get involved.

Yeah, also Genji's Ult charge is crazy if he's any good at building it with distance shots. I once played Mercy and Genji had his ult up so often he sometimes killed me as soon as I got back to the team.

I started to just wait his ult out, res everyone after it because he would single me out of course. But a good Genji can have that Ult so often, it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom