• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. The highest rank I've seen in EU GAF has been 72 and that's still pretty far from top 500. I would argue that making the top 500 on PC is considerably more difficult considering that there are plenty of actual professional players with multiple accounts stomping people at the higher ranks. There's no Surefours and Talespins on console because anyone who takes this game that seriously plays on PC. Making top 500 regardless of platform is still very impressive, though.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Oh well, maybe someone will next season.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I fucking hate that they do not pause the game and get more people in comp after three people leave...seriously you cannot win a game if that happens.

I need to get back to playing Comp before the end of the season.

I haven't been on in 4 days, though. 4 days is a lifetime in Overwatch.

I fucking hate that they do not pause the game and get more people in comp after three people leave...seriously you cannot win a game if that happens.

It's a lose-lose scenario.

If you queue up and get stuck in a game where 3 people have already left, you're putting your rank on the line for who knows how much of a game that's already been played that you never had a say in.

The only way they could let this happen is if there were a separate "Opt In" queue where you were willing to be the backfill person.

I've managed to drag myself from nearly hitting 36 :d and a W/L of 42% to 47 and a W/L of 53.5%. I really want to get to at least high 50's but the struggle is real mostly solo queuing. I went a combo of 9-2 last night and this morning, then tonight I had the worst team mates ever and lost 4 straight

On the plus side I've got a free week so can grind from 84 to 101 for EZ XP and get more of those sweet summer lootboxes

LiK

But when i sit and wait for people to pick they don't do support or there's a zen but we need another one still. sometimes i just want to say fuck it just hurry and pick and let them fight it out.

I notice someone will pick support if needed. I just pick my main and hope for the best. The randoms usually know what's up.

In the annals of "Mei is Useless Trash Volume XXII," I just won a match because an enemy Mei blocked her team from the point (presumably by accident).

Owzers

i have a hard time knowing when Tracer actually sticks me vs puts the bomb next to me, so i have been in bomb accidents as have other teammates running into other people while stuck.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Junkrat and Mei have been all over the place in Quick Play recently. But rough when I just want to ninja all over the place and have to deal with bomb spam, traps, and snow freezing me.

Pendas

Banned
Torbs who only sit and babysit their turrets and not pick up scraps are the shittiest Torbs.

I learned the best way to play Torb is place the Turret at a choke point where the action is happening, while you guard a side entrance / corridors that flankers take. Being in two places at once is invaluable. and the alt fire on your gun is great in closed hallways.

ekim

Won 6 games in a row today and climbed back up to rank 50 from 45. Lowering the sensitivity improved everything. I'm now running at 800 dpi and 8 sensitivity in the ingame settings. Played with someone from gaf (Vulnicura, make sure to post here) and a friend which both played support and I mostly played S76. Felt so good.

X-Frame

I realized if I want to progress consistently past Rank 60 I pretty much have to accept to be Lucio 50% of my games, at least. I get very excited when there is someone who picks Lucio in the first 3 picks.

But then we are usually down a Tank, which I would rather play as anyway (Zarya or Rein). Or Zen if there is another Lucio.

Ana's are usually poor on PS4 due to aiming, and Mercy seems all but forgotten.

i have a hard time knowing when Tracer actually sticks me vs puts the bomb next to me, so i have been in bomb accidents as have other teammates running into other people while stuck.

you'll hear the click if it's on you. i wish they would give them a few more seconds so you can scream in team chat to back the fuck away lol or when it's stuck on someone else you'll hear the click sound.

Won 6 games in a row today and climbed back up to rank 50 from 45. Lowering the sensitivity improved everything. I'm now running at 800 dpi and 8 sensitivity in the ingame settings. Played with someone from gaf (Vulnicura, make sure to post here) and a friend which both played support and I mostly played S76. Felt so good.

I'm personally switching between 5-7 at 800dpi at the moment depending on hero. I can't find the perfect spot so have settled at 7 for the time being as I'll play DPS or lucio most of the time. 8 felt a little too fast for me personally.

What characters do you play as usually?

Kamion

It happens of course. I just had this Roadhog kill me three times in a game because whenever he got stuck with it he jumped on top of the payload and ran towards me.

I get that sometimes you don't see the big "STUCK!" message while fighting. But really, if it happens three times in one game, git gud.

ekim

I'm personally switching between 5-7 at 800dpi at the moment depending on hero. I can't find the perfect spot so have settled at 7 for the time being as I'll play DPS or lucio most of the time. 8 felt a little too fast for me personally.

What characters do you play as usually?

Maybe I should decrease it to 7 just to try it. Might be even better but my mousepad isn't thaaaat big.
Lately I'm maining S76, Pharah, Winston, Tracer and Lucio.

Damn, nothing grinds my gears as much as "ez"

I wont say what I think those people that write it should do, for fear of getting banned. It's the dumbest trend I have seen in years of online PC gaming.

rrs

I wont say what I think those people that write it should do, for fear of getting banned. It's the dumbest trend I have seen in years of online PC gaming.
or salt
even though I did that once when my team half left after losing

Maybe I should decrease it to 7 just to try it. Might be even better but my mousepad isn't thaaaat big.
Lately I'm maining S76, Pharah, Winston, Tracer and Lucio.

I actually ended up buying a GSR mousepad couple weeks ago to replace my QCK so I've been lowering it as I have tons more room to work with. Wasn't able to go that low before as I think the QCK is around 1/4 or less the size.

Blues1990

Rank 53 solo q from 47 a few days ago. The grind is real.

I'd pretty much given up with soloing in Competitive, as no matter what I did to help my team, everyone had a hard on to leave the support hero to go off getting a kill streak. Yeah, I can tear people apart with Zenyatta or heal my allies as Lucio, but it's meaningless unless if you can actually collaborate with your team effectively.

Otherwise, it's just a headache to see everyone spread out thinly and get obliterated by the opposing team.

moerser

anybody else experiencing higher ping than usual on pc eu? a few friends of mine have the same issues, others dont have any problems at all...

Jarate

Banned

the reason why they keep doing it is because of doofuses like you who get upset

like, why do you care if a random internet person says that? it's like the easiest thing to ignore on earth

I still don't get why we can't see end game stats after a game. Especially in competitive. As a mainly solo queuer, I'd like to see who does decent and consider friend adding them.

I don't need to see exact numbers, but showing what medals people got would be cool.

This is a competitive game, we're not babies.

meshwork

It's what idiots and children use when normal people would type gg. That's all it is. When your opponent says "ez" at the end of the match you just type back "ez".

I still don't get why we can't see end game stats after a game. Especially in competitive. As a mainly solo queuer, I'd like to see who does decent and consider friend adding them.

I don't need to see exact numbers, but showing what medals people got would be cool.

You can't tell who's playing well based on playing with them? There's a kill feed and it's a team game, so it shouldn't be THAT difficult to separate the useless Genji from the MVP Lucio speed boosting you out of trouble every time.

I love how Zen went from being considered the worst hero in the game to arguably being the best now. And he will probably get nerfed again.

KiraFA37

While I would love to see this too I suspect that the amount of salt this would generate isn't worth it for Blizzard.

the reason why they keep doing it is because of doofuses like you who get upset

like, why do you care if a random internet person says that? it's like the easiest thing to ignore on earth

Nice, insults here as well.

I do ignore them... now. It's not just the word, it's that there's people out there that write this shit, doesn't matter if they're on my team or theirs. You sound like a cunt writing it and probably are in real life as well.

Veelk

Banned
depends on the map. I do well as Symm on Lijiang altho i reserve that for QP.

Heh, try Symmetra on the Nepal point that's indoors, the Lijang tower point that's got the Spacemen suits, and the Ilios point that's got the health pack behind the point.

She's actually pretty good in close quarters, especially if you can get set up. Armor helps a lot over time with smart teammates too. People freak out when they have to fight you and two - three turrets.

Well, that's the only part of KotH that they played Sym on and that's the only one we lost. Once she switched to something else, we won the rest of the game.

ekim

I actually ended up buying a GSR mousepad couple weeks ago to replace my QCK so I've been lowering it as I have tons more room to work with. Wasn't able to go that low before as I think the QCK is around 1/4 or less the size.

My desk is constrained in size because of my studio monitor speakers. I have a Razer Sphex which is pretty good for my Roccat Kone mouse but If I move to far my cable is getting blocked by the speakers and thus alter my aim. The GSR looks nice but it's way too big for my desk. :-/

Jarate

Banned
Nice, insults here as well.

I do ignore them... now. It's not just the word, it's that there's people out there that write this shit, doesn't matter if they're on my team or theirs. You sound like a cunt writing it and probably are in real life as well.

clearly you arent ignoring them if you have to complain about it this heavily

It's literally a reactionary thing. They arent going to do it if people arent going to take the bait. it's as simple as that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Think i need a drink after that last comp match.

i7vaddsnxlunnn2uyi.gif

My desk is constrained in size because of my studio monitor speakers. I have a Razer Sphex which is pretty good for my Roccat Kone mouse but If I move to far my cable is getting blocked by the speakers and thus alter my aim. The GSR looks nice but it's way too big for my desk. :-/

I ended up moving my second monitor elsewhere because the GSR is a beast. Love that pad though. Kinda pricey compare to some but well worth the money IMO. Ended up switching to a ZA12 from a DA2013 and so far so good.

clearly you arent ignoring them if you have to complain about it this heavily

It's literally a reactionary thing. They arent going to do it if people arent going to take the bait. it's as simple as that.

Writing about it here makes little to no difference, and it is an irrational irritation of mine that I thought I'd mention.

Well, that's the only part of KotH that they played Sym on and that's the only one we lost. Once she switched to something else, we won the rest of the game.

Symm outside of hybrid maps is a super greedy pick, I feel. Even on those KotH points I barely make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom