• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Playing comp, we destroy them and hold off the first point, im going 15-1 as reaper ond efense, we switch to offense and my ps4 gives me the good ol "im gonna shit out the disc no amtter what. I placate the PS4 into allowing me to play the game, join, carry the team to a win because we had an attack symmetra, and expecting a big up in EXP for winning, it gives me a message that ive just finished all ym placement matches depsite having over 100 games played

thanks overwatch and thanks sony

ekim

Playing comp, we destroy them and hold off the first point, im going 15-1 as reaper ond efense, we switch to offense and my ps4 gives me the good ol "im gonna shit out the disc no amtter what. I placate the PS4 into allowing me to play the game, join, carry the team to a win because we had an attack symmetra, and expecting a big up in EXP for winning, it gives me a message that ive just finished all ym placement matches depsite having over 100 games played

thanks overwatch and thanks sony

But you didn't lose your progress, no?

Symm outside of hybrid maps is a super greedy pick, I feel. Even on those KotH points I barely make it work.

She is a momentum character. You need the rest of your team to clear the way so you can get properly set up. So the first chunk of the match is basically a 5v6.

If she can get set up, she's great. Otherwise, well...

Jarate

Banned
But you didn't lose your progress, no?

I mean we won, so obviously not. I don't think it gave me anything cause I had lost the night before and it put me like a sliver below 66. Im still at 65.

Im pretty sure im passed the warranty option for my ps4 ;-; Darn you Sony and your shit 1st generation devices!

LiK

I mean we won, so obviously not. I don't think it gave me anything cause I had lost the night before and it put me like a sliver below 66. Im still at 65.

Im pretty sure im passed the warranty option for my ps4 ;-; Darn you Sony and your shit 1st generation devices!

Your PS4 died?

Jarate

Banned
Your PS4 died?

no, there's just a bug where it will sometimes shit out my disc despite being nowhere near it because sony, in their infinite wisdom decided to use a touch button for the eject, and in first generation devices, that touch button will go off randomly

I've had this problem multiple times. Most guides tell you to unplug you ps4 for five minutes and let it sit to fix. What they don't tell you is you have to unplug it from the wall. If you unplug it from the back of the console it will not fix the problem.

Hope that helps.

LiK

no, there's just a bug where it will sometimes shit out my disc despite being nowhere near it because sony, in their infinite wisdom decided to use a touch button for the eject, and in first generation devices, that touch button will go off randomly

I think there's some weird fix you could try but I forget the method.

Edit: I think Kor got it

Jarate

Banned
I've had this problem multiple times. Most guides tell you to unplug you ps4 for five minutes and let it sit to fix. What they don't tell you is you have to unplug it from the wall. If you unplug it from the back of the console it will not fix the problem.

Hope that helps.

Ive done this multiple times and it "works" the same way that just waiting around works.

I think there's some weird fix you could try but I forget the method.

There's a few, but most of them involve opening up the playstation, and im deathly afraid of doing that after fucking up my PS2 phat trying to clean it out

A huge sigh of relief this morning as I got the final summer item I needed the junk rat highlight intro.
I can now go back to my single player games I dropped when this summer update hit.

Oh like playing a shitty Symmetra the entire match?

Ugh.

Be had pretty good success with telling people why their pick isn't working and suggesting a change. You have to do it the right way though. For example:

"Reinhart, you might want to grab another character because our current team comp isn't set up to utilize your shield very well."

"Hanzo, you may want to grab something that has better survivability to that Pharah since she seems to be keeping you locked down."

"Symmetra, that Tracer seems to know every good teleported spot in this map. Maybe switch up your class because we aren't benefitting from your Ults."

9 times out of 10 I get an "Understood" emote and they switch. You just have to make sure you are nice about it.

Prelude.

Be had pretty good success with telling people why their pick isn't working and suggesting a change. You have to do it the right way though. For example:

"Reinhart, you might want to grab another character because our current team comp isn't set up to utilize your shield very well."

"Hanzo, you may want to grab something that has better survivability to that Pharah since she seems to be keeping you locked down."

"Symmetra, that Tracer seems to know every good teleported spot in this map. Maybe switch up your class because we aren't benefitting from your Ults."

9 times out of 10 I get an "Understood" emote and they switch. You just have to make sure you are nice about it.

"But ____ is good on this map and I have gold ____!!" or "stfu pls"

I appreciate that Torb had problems, but there had to be a better solution than making him a worthless pick, wasting a slot whenever some chump on my team picks him.

I used to love playing Torb too

Blues1990

I'm a n00b to this game. Any helpful tips are welcomed.

Also, I play on PC

For general tips:

-When in doubt, switch characters. If you're getting destroyed by the opposing team, try another character. If you're not sure who to go for, ask your team what they need help with at the moment. If one of your teammates decides to be a dick, because how dare you not know everything about the game a few days after it came out, kindly remind them that you’re just trying to help, because that’s how you win in Overwatch. (Odds are, your other teammates will have your back on that one.)

-Communication can make all the difference in the world. When you let your teammates know what you're doing, it can turn the tides for outcome of the match. If the other team has you stuck at a chokepoint, suggest a coordinated assault or a specific strategy instead of individually banging your head against an impenetrable defensive wall.

-Go for the annoying ones first and be a team player. If you can identify the biggest threat, don’t assume somebody else is gonna handle it. Switch characters and do your part instead of just hanging back and racking up kills.

-Don't be afraid to lose. Seriously. The spoils of defeat aren't terribly far removed from the spoils of victory. Overwatch is designed to enable those sorts kick-ass moments, so don’t lose hope just because things aren’t going your way.

Picture this: you are an attack Bastion on Hollywood.

Defense Tracer is absolutely slaying you in every way. Bombs, cut-ins, the whole deal. You can't even set up in turret mode.

Do you switch?

No. You don't. Why would you? You've been so ineffective that you are bound to be a badass if you just keep asking your Zen for heals the second before you die. You have this. You got this. This is yours for the taking.

#neverchange

loading hell caused me to get penalty. fuck off blizzard.

Cpc3cDXUsAAgUHK.jpg:large

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So D.VA's ult can't kill her but Junkrat's ult kills him?

Nice logic, Blizzard.

Fuck you Internet!

Fuck me over, fine but now it's screwing over teammates by completely disconnecting me. Sorry Jarate and Fatal. It's not usually that awful. My whole house lost it and my roommate is on with the ISP.

Rage.

Edit: they tell us to reset the modem in 20 minutes and all those fresh wifi signals they gave us will be activated. I'll try again then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom