• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody here warm up before playing ?

i usually go to training range first thing and pick mccree and shoot stuff for like fifteen minutes

I do the same with Solider. My aim is one of the weaker parts of my game so I like to work on it a bit before I start playing.

Prelude.

Is there a way to trigger the "get on the point/payload" while being on it? There are times when you're the only remembering there's an objective and It's kinda awkward to walk away from the point in order to aim at it and press F and go back in.

Went 4-6 in my placement matches due to a few shitty teams and a few close games. Ended up ranked 46 - played one game and absolutely crushed the other team on attack due to good team pick synchronization and ranked up to 47. If I can get above 50 and stay there I'll be happy I think.

I wonder if amount of games played with factor into how many points you get at the end of a season - like if a level 50 who only played their placement matches would get the same bonus as a level 50 who played 100 games?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's kind of hilarious how big the difference is between my comp and quick play pharrah. Is it mostly due to the longer game time of rank?

ir6PTlf.png

VvLB96d.png

If only my WR could improve too. :<

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Those stats are nice. I'm in the 99th percentile of hookers in competitive, at 66% hook rate.

Unfortunately my Roadhog has a 40% win rate so I don't trot him out much.

Antiwhippy

I feel like if I really want to win most comp games I would just break out lucio all the time, because people seem to love mercy in ranked and mercy with randoms doesn't work out most times in my experience.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I feel like if I really want to win most comp games I would just break out lucio all the time, because people seem to love mercy in ranked and mercy with randoms doesn't work out most times in my experience.
I've had success with Mercy the few times I've pulled her out, obviously mileage may vary and I only really play her when the team is taking a ton of damage and can't survive long enough for Lucio to heal them back up.

mbpm1

Not sure why Sudden Death happens sometimes

We had a match on hollywood just now and started as Attack and got destroyed

We lost and it immediately went to sudden death with us defending, which we won and then we won the match

Felt weird

Antiwhippy

I've had success with Mercy the few times I've pulled her out, obviously mileage may vary and I only really play her when the team is taking a ton of damage and can't survive long enough for Lucio to heal them back up.

Thing is with mercy you almost need a dedicated anti-flanker. Survivability for lucio just feels less dependent on others and the more lucio survives the more the entire team survives.

Though I could be biased due to the WR of my lucio. :p

duckroll

What I would like to see if that when a Competitive Game is instanced, and once it has officially started, all 12 players who started the game have that game linked to their accounts for the duration of that game. Which means if anyone drops, gets disconnected, has a crash, or whatever, when they get back into the game client, as long as the game is still running, they should be able to rejoin. As long as a player rejoins, and maybe fulfils another condition like playing at least 50% or more of the match, there should be zero penalty. If people leave and do not return, they should get hit extra hard once something like this is in place.

I'll also like to see an option for both teams to vote and agree to forfeit a game. Sometimes early in a game if half the other team drops, I feel I would totally be okay with forfeiting the game so no one who is sticking with it gets hit with a loss, even if it means forgoing what might be an easy win.

patchday

What I would like to see if that when a Competitive Game is instanced, and once it has officially started, all 12 players who started the game have that game linked to their accounts for the duration of that game. Which means if anyone drops, gets disconnected, has a crash, or whatever, when they get back into the game client, as long as the game is still running, they should be able to rejoin. As long as a player rejoins, and maybe fulfils another condition like playing at least 50% or more of the match, there should be zero penalty. If people leave and do not return, they should get hit extra hard once something like this is in place.

for goodness sakes that should be a no-brainer. that's how all MOBAs work.

Still havent done competitive. guess golden guns not big enough carrot for me

Antiwhippy

Matches take forever though, so that's why you get lots more exp. You probably earn it at the same rate.

I dunno, despite my downward slide I actually do like the higher stakes rank brings in. Needs massive improvements but I still enjoy it once I've learnt to stop taking losses too hard.

I also like how much more casual it makes quick play feel.

duckroll

I actually like the competitive mode ruleset. There's room for improvement, but when things go well (no leavers, balanced teams, full team willing to communicate) regardless of a win or a loss, I find it tons of fun. Playing both attack and defend on a map, scoring based on checkpoints and/or time, having multiple chances to shake up the strategy and catch the other team by surprise, etc. Great stuff. Coin flip is hit or miss, KotH is totally exhausting if it drags on for 5 rounds, Sudden Death should probably only be implemented after taking time differences into account, etc. But overall, I don't feel it's something that is terrible at all. They need to deal with the technical issues ASAP though (leavers, penalties, fixing disconnects, etc).

V-Faction

anybody here warm up before playing ?

i usually go to training range first thing and pick mccree and shoot stuff for like fifteen minutes

Yes, actually!

I go into Training Range and practice my Hanzo and Genji, because I know I'll never actually be able to play them successfully in a real match. I also practice wall maneuvers.

Couple of good games tonight. A Win here, a Loss there. A string of losses and then a string of wins with a good comp of public randoms that stayed together.

I'm actually climbing up in the rankings playing solo, from level 45 to 55 in a couple of days.

After my placement matches I was put at level 46. After 4 solo matches and 4 wins I'm now level 50.

I've had some really good and even matches playing in the solo competitive queue. I was expecting the worst after the horror stories of GAF but I've been having a ball by myself in ranked.

duckroll

5 round koth is great.

5 round 2cp = just kill me already.

I think for me the difference is that if it's KotH, I'm usually playing Lucio, but if it's not I'm playing something else. So for KotH it is super exhausting because I have to make sure I stay alive, keep moving within smaller confined spaces, take pot shots at enemies, try to push them out of the point or push them off ledges, time my boosts, swap between healing when my team is on point and strong and speed when I need to gtfo, get my shield timing just right to protect against a push or to maximize our push, etc. Keeping full situational awareness for 5 rounds in a row can be a real endurance test.

eek5

It's kind of hilarious how big the difference is between my comp and quick play pharrah. Is it mostly due to the longer game time of rank?

If only my WR could improve too. :<

Numbers are all bigger because of longer matches but the relative ranking isn't affected. 4 games isn't a large sample size though so it's hard to tell. Most likely it's a combination of having 4 good games as well as improving over time.

What if I also got silver damage (or possibly even gold, I can't remember)

I don't remember solo kills but it was 20+ elims on KOTH
It's hard to tell without more context. I've gotten 50 elims before and when I talked to my teammates they all had like 45-48 so 50 wasn't even that impressive. With all the data it was apparent that we just played well together and it wasn't anyone's individual performance. Without more data you can't really come to any conclusions. I mean you could've had 15 bronze elims but 15 solo kills and that'd be a huge impact even if you didn't get gold elims. This is why I never blame teammates for anything. I can get a general sense of what they were doing during the match but without watching a replay I really don't know why we didn't win or how much they didn't contribute. I always just focus on what I did and how I could've played better. Maybe I did a lot and me doing more wouldn't have had an affect but it's really the only thing that I have control over so that's what I try to focus on.

Even things like gold damage can be incredibly misleading because you can cheese it by hitting mei ice walls, rein shields, etc.

New patch is live on all systems.

Patch notes: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745606613#1

Edit: Nvm, that was 5 hours ago but official twitter just tweeted about it.

Also live on all systems means [PC Only] :)

finalflame

Anyone wanna play Competitive together on PC right now? Rank 43, I can play pretty much any hero but usually go Hog/Lucio/Reaper/76.

Cider X

Just played a ranked Nepal match as Mercy. We won 3-1 and I can definitely say it was because of me. 14k healing done and 2 round winning mass resurrections. Saved a soldier 76 numerous times when he ventured too far out.
0 votes after the match. I was like "Well fuck you too".

POTG in numbani as sym.

Killed 3 in a room (junk/76/lucio), their mercy res's them. Kill them again + the mercy.

Sym is quickly becoming a favorite...I might need to actually try her in attack on some maps.

My last game we were the underdogs and some guy on the other team was like “you all should just back out” after they won the first round. We ended up winning the game and he didn’t say anything else. Lol

Some people have big mouths.

ohkay

Just played a ranked Nepal match as Mercy. We won 3-1 and I can definitely say it was because of me. 14k healing done and 2 round winning mass resurrections. Saved a soldier 76 numerous times when he ventured too far out.
I always vote for the healer because I know how often people don't wanna play it. I end up playing Mercy/Lucio a lot because of it, even tho I'm a much better dpser than a healer, but you gotta do what you gotta do

My last game we were the underdogs and some guy on the other team was like “you all should just back out” after they won the first round. We ended up winning the game and he didn’t say anything else. Lol

it's the same people that say GG before the game is even remotely over.

duckroll

it's the same people that say GG before the game is even remotely over.

One of my placement matches was on illios where one of the players on the other team left after the first round. The rest of them stuck around and played REALLY well, and when we barely won the second round, one of them was being really positive about almost winning a round 5v6. They upped their game and beat us in the end. Really solid team, we complemented them at the end too. Probably the best loss I've had, since everyone had fun, there was no shittalking, and they deserved that win completely. Every time we changed our team to counter them, they would change to counter back and retain the point. Can't hate.

POTG in numbani as sym.

Killed 3 in a room (junk/76/lucio), their mercy res's them. Kill them again + the mercy.

Sym is quickly becoming a favorite...I might need to actually try her in attack on some maps.

Yeah, even as somebody who enjoys playing her, I've never had the nerve to try her on attack, except in the current brawl.

That said, in a recent brawl match I snuck up to the upper room on the Temple of Anubis map and put my teleporter down to allow the rest of my team to capture Point A and end up winning the match. The brawl has allowed me to see some interesting possibilities with Symmetra on attack, although it probably helps that the other team doesn't have the firepower to present that terrifying a threat.

El Sloth

Banned
Did anyone else get kicked from the servers just now? Xbone here. I was in the middle of my 4th placement match in ranked too ( ._.)

We were doing pretty well too. Will this count as a loss for me then?

patchday

ouch

Did anyone else get kicked from the servers just now? Xbone here. I was in the middle of my 4th placement match in ranked too ( ._.)

We were doing pretty well too. Will this count as a loss for me then?

Yep, Xbox One game server went down for my group, too. Better not count as a loss....

Kurumi

I had a similar match earlier today. A guy on the other team pretty much said the same thing but called us baddies and trash but we ended up winning. He left quick after that lol.

grendelrt

We have already lost like 2/3 of the people we were playing with in the game. Tonight only 4 (out of prob 15+ of us who were playing) of us were on for a game and every god damn time the pug player picked Hanzo or some idiot class for the stage. They never switch and can't understand that you have to play the objective. We were on KOTH taking the point and reaper from the other team runs off the point cause he's low and 3 of our pugs (down to 3 people at this point) chase his ass off the point and leave us 3 to defend against the other 5 , I mean for fucks sake. Unless you have a full 6 man team you might as well not play and so many people are over frustrated that they don't play anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom