• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

According to Master Overwatch, I have a 54.5% winrate when I play support and 35.5% winrate when I play offense.

I have to be Lucio forever, don't I?

Cocaine_

Neo Member
Anybody got any tips for Soldier 76? I understand how the hero works and all that but when I have to roll him in Comp I feel like I could be doing better.

I recently found out that his spray goes back down to 100% accuracy immediately after you stop firing, which is unique from other games where there is usually a delay. Any other tips like this?

I've got a bit over 2k and am pretty much sitting on it as well. I know that as soon as I decide to blow it, some badass new skins are going to get released. I really hope they do some Warcraft crossover stuff... I'd love a Death Knight Reinhardt, dwarf Torbjorn, etc.

Please Blizzard.

Me too. I have like 2200 gold and yet I dont want to spend it yet. It helps that I've gotten some great legendaries already like both of Pharahs and one of Symettras I really like. I also have goth Zarya but I dont like that one.

Chance

From r/Overwatch Hanzo players in a nutshell

https://gfycat.com/PleasantRingedCicada

I've killed and played with my share of Bad Hanzos - like anyone, but...

Last week I was Mercy, attacking on Gibraltar. We wipe most of the reds and my team begins moving the payload to the first point, but a Zenyatta drops from the small building, throws discord on me and I draw my blaster. I hold him off but can't kill him before he sweeps into cover and emerges while popping his ult. I let my health regen, and when Transcendence ends I put him down.

Felt awesome.

After we clear the second point, same deal, but this time it's a Junkrat who drops from the walkway above as the doors close and my team moves ahead. I pull my blaster, we dance, he dies.

Felt awesome, hit the share button, and later I cut it into some highlight clips.

When I killed the Zenyatta, I was dinging headshots after his ult ended, but watching the footage I finally see it was a scatter arrow that really made the difference.

When I killed the Junkrat, you can barely see the streak of the arrow that cut across him as he died.

That Hanzo saved my bacon twice, and I'd had no idea.

And yesterday I watched a Widowmaker drop from her sniper spot to contest an objective.

There are some awesome exceptions out there.

Codeblew

voice chat doesn't seem to be working for me on PS4

i play on ps4 and i have played for over 90 hours but i have not yet heard even one guy in voice chat, is there a glitch or something ?? how do i turn on the voice chat for my team, when i go to options>sound the Group and Team voice chat are both on AUTO JOIN, competitive is unfair, when i play alone i get matched against a team of 6 players who are a group and my team have zero groups

Are you using the Sony Gold headset? Check the Chat volume slider if so. I would see people talking but could not hear them because I had the chat volume turned all the way down.

Anybody got any tips for Soldier 76? I understand how the hero works and all that but when I have to roll him in Comp I feel like I could be doing better.

I recently found out that his spray goes back down to 100% accuracy immediately after you stop firing, which is unique from other games where there is usually a delay. Any other tips like this?

Changing his reticle from the default crosshairs to a circle really helped for me.

Zemm

Anyone knows how the community is on PC vs PS4 ?

Not sure on which platform I should buy the game :

PC will have way more people playing, but also more shit in chat (which you can disable anyway), and gets patches a lot earlier too.

Rad-

Change crosshair to dot.

Kito

According to Master Overwatch, I have a 54.5% winrate when I play support and 35.5% winrate when I play offense.

I have to be Lucio forever, don't I?

Games are often, but not always, decided by the best healer. One team will have a player pick Mercy/Lucio, whilst the other team have none (even with Zen, I repeat, none) and squabble until someone does pick a healer, in which this healer does a begrudging performance.

These days I feel relieved to see someone select a healer straight away. It's my number one worry when I enter a lobby. Hopefully Sombra solves the shortage.

Gurrry

They need to get rid of sudden death all together. Its easily the worst part about ranked. It makes no sense that if we stomp the team and get the payload to the end faster than they do that we have to do it again just to win.

I hate that shit

abundant

They need to get rid of sudden death all together. Its easily the worst part about ranked. It makes no sense that if we stomp the team and get the payload to the end faster than they do that we have to do it again just to win.

I hate that shit

They already confirmed that Sudden Death will be removed and replaced with another system in the Fall Season.

One possible replacement could be the Time Bank method that's already in place on Assault Maps.

abundant

I'm wondering how Blizzard designers/testers actually thought the current Comp design is good.

I don't know why Blizzard has been so stubborn about using Stopwatch Rules. Practically everyone but Blizzard thinks that's the best way to go.

Rad-

I don't know why Blizzard has been so stubborn about using Stopwatch Rules. Practically everyone but Blizzard thinks that's the best way to go.

Well Stopwatch is not a great choice either. It pushes you to play certain heroes / team comps more than others. But yeah, it's still easily better than the current one.

LiK

Also, Comp needs to do away with stacked teams. Seriously. Make people learn to play different characters or at least limit them to 2 per team. Can't believe I still see them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also, Comp needs to do away with stacked teams. Seriously. Make people learn to play different characters or at least limit them to 2 per team. Can't believe I still see them.

They're not great though.

I pretty much stopped a team on defense who try to cheese with stacked zarya's and winstons by just being bastion.

I'd like to see blizzard introduce a second KOTH game type where you can only score while a teammate is on the point, scoring is faster the more teammates and contesting stops scoring.

abundant

I pretty much stopped a team on defense who try to cheese with stacked zarya's and winstons by just being bastion.

It depends on what hero they stack, the skill level of the team, and if you have someone on your team that has the necessary skills to counter them.

edit: It also seems that hero stacking is a bigger problem on consoles than on PC.

Zemm

We just had a game playing as defence on Kings Row vs 4 Lucio's, a Genji and a Widow

giphy.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It depends on what hero they stack, the skill level of the team, and if you have someone on your team that has the necessary skills to counter them.

edit: It also seems that hero stacking is a bigger problem on consoles than on PC.

I feel like you seriously need a reaper or bastion on sudden death defense now though, because most people seem to try to cheese with stacked tanks.

Chance

Huh. I was dealin' with a 2 Zarya team yesterday and consciously didn't go Bastion to counter because I've successfully gone Zarya to counter Bastion >.< I was like "no that could never work" lol

LiK

it sucks during round 3 in sudden death when the enemy team gets defense so they just stack torbs and bastions. people go in and find out what the team setup is and by the time you try again, you barely have time to capture the point again. so not fun after those hard fought earlier rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom