• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

it sucks during round 3 in sudden death when the enemy team gets defense so they just stack torbs and bastions. people go in and find out what the team setup is and by the time you try again, you barely have time to capture the point again. so not fun after those hard fought earlier rounds.

And that, in a nutshell, is why Sudden Death is the absolutely worst way to go. So glade they're getting rid of it after this season is over.

mellow

won 8 in a row in comp last night and now i've lost 8 in a row

I swear this game is just trading wins and losses until you're at 50-55% T___T

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh. I was dealin' with a 2 Zarya team yesterday and consciously didn't go Bastion to counter because I've successfully gone Zarya to counter Bastion >.< I was like "no that could never work" lol

If that bastion is getting countered by a zarya he's a bad bad bastion.

it sucks during round 3 in sudden death when the enemy team gets defense so they just stack torbs and bastions. people go in and find out what the team setup is and by the time you try again, you barely have time to capture the point again. so not fun after those hard fought earlier rounds.

I dunno, I've seen teams do that but more often than not fail due to people concentrating on getting rid of them. A concerted effort of pharrah + rein + soldier can lay waste.

Ok I'm thinking of buying this .. But afraid I'd be so far behind the curve that I would just suck to bad for me to have fun. I am usually decent to above average in most fps, but knowing this has Moba elements (which I've never played) kinda scares me as I don't wanna be that guy always making the team lose

Any people on ps4 or Xbox one either way, willing to help a newb :(

mellow

won 8 in a row in comp last night and now i've lost 8 in a row

I swear this game is just trading wins and losses until you're at 50-55% T___T

finally break the losing streak by winning a game..2 of the enemy team leave towards the end of round 2 meaning I'll earn hardly any rank up

ugh

Antiwhippy

Ok I'm thinking of buying this .. But afraid I'd be so far behind the curve that I would just suck to bad for me to have fun. I am usually decent to above average in most fps, but knowing this has Moba elements (which I've never played) kinda scares me as I don't wanna be that guy always making the team lose

If you're used to shooters just use soldier 76 to get a feel of the game.

Nimby

Banned
If that bastion is getting countered by a zarya he's a bad bad bastion

I've never seen a bastion on console do anything. They just sit there while pharah fires rockets at them or just keep shooting at genji. I like to peek corners and lob Zaryas alt fire at them.

Don't stress about it. You'll pick it up quickly. I've seen plenty of super low level people playing lately as the higher level people have moved to competitive mode. Play Soldier 76 or Lucio to maybe dip your toes in at first and you'll figure it out.

BigDug13

Watched one of the Seagull YouTube videos and they ended up getting Hanamura sudden death attack and went 6 D.Va cheese for the easy win. Just flew right through the front door to objective.

Gurrry

This x infinity

Then once you counter pick, the other team will counter your counter pick. Then its just gg because it only gives you like 60 seconds to get the payload to the point.

Zemm

You need to be able to block maps or entire modes because there are just way too many shit maps in this game. You get an hour or two to play the game and you're stuck playing route 66 or volskaya all the time, shit.

Deosier

Can't believe this actually worked. We were having horrible games all night and decided to goof off and this happened.
HWLbnVI.jpg

YN0XFvA.jpg

matmanx1

No worries. Like most Blizzard games, this one is easy to pick up and jump in with both feet. Playoverwatch.com has character profiles that rank them all in terms of ease of use and there are plenty of 1 star (the easiest) characters to start with.

There's also training modes built in to the game as well as bot matches against AI opponents to help you start getting a feel for the maps and game modes. If you like team based fps's then this one is extremely fun.

Can't believe this actually worked. We were having horrible games all night and decided to goof off and this happened.

Heh, reminds me of the KotH I played in Quick Play last night. I was already tanking, and the rest of the team picked all Offense and Defense characters. No healer at all. I popped the "Need Healing" emote a couple of times and then shrugged. "Whatever, let them learn the hard way."

And we won, somehow. That other team must have been pretty bad, because they even had heals when we didn't, and we still won 2-0.

So, just a curiosity question for folks like me who suffer through solo queue: you're on a team that hasn't picked any tanks or support, and you can't convince any of them to switch. Which do you pick? I actually waffled on whether or not to switch from Zarya to Lucio before sticking with tanking, figuring having somebody to absorb a lot of the enemy fire would be a better trade.

Deosier

So, just a curiosity question for folks like me who suffer through solo queue: you're on a team that hasn't picked any tanks or support, and you can't convince any of them to switch. Which do you pick? I actually waffled on whether or not to switch from Zarya to Lucio before sticking with tanking, figuring having somebody to absorb a lot of the enemy fire would be a better trade.

I normally go heals as Lucio, unless I believe we can make it past if I go Zarya or Dva.

LiK

If that bastion is getting countered by a zarya he's a bad bad bastion.

I dunno, I've seen teams do that but more often than not fail due to people concentrating on getting rid of them. A concerted effort of pharrah + rein + soldier can lay waste.

Works on paper but when you play with different groups, you can never be sure how good everyone is especially with the short sudden death timer. I'm glad sudden death is gone next season. Attacking teams get the short end of the stick.

Vestal

WTF.

Win first round.... 2nd round we have someone leave and we lose.. Have a message saying you can leave without penatly. I leave and BLAM my rank gets fucking wrecked

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They really need to rectify that to say "EXP penalty" or "leaver penalty", preferably the former.

Eric WK

Placed at 51, but over the course of the past week I've been able to climb to 68. Hoping to push into the 70s and be able to finish Top 500 Xbox One this season.

Antiwhippy

Works on paper but when you play with different groups, you can never be sure how good everyone is especially with the short sudden death timer. I'm glad sudden death is gone next season. Attacking teams get the short end of the stick.

Mmmm, on PC though the actually shortened the attacker's timers because it was the attacking team that has the advantage. :p

Zemm

Playing against a team that doesn't know how to deal with Tracer. There are so many teams that just can't deal with her, I know she's an annoying twat of a character but she's not that hard to deal with.

Lucio stack ftw

Nah, they were Lucio, Pharah, Roadhog, Genji, Tracer and something else. We were Winston, Tracer, Lucio, Junkrat, Zarya/Roadhog and something else.

It's just that if you leave a Tracer to run riot, she'll run riot.

exYle

It says in the message you leave without a penalty (but with a loss).

If you leave too many games you start getting an XP reduction, and in competitive, you eventually get banned. That is the penalty you are avoiding, not a decrease in rank. You always lose rank when you lose, what else did you expect for (but with a loss)? A slight decrease in W/L doesn't mean anything to anybody.

BigDug13

Playing against a team that doesn't know how to deal with Tracer. There are so many teams that just can't deal with her, I know she's an annoying twat of a character but she's not that hard to deal with.

She's insane on console. PC players have more control to deal with her. With analog sticks, she's blinking again by the time you get a lock on her.

LiK

My go-to is always Junkrat and Pharah. Great counters against her on PS4 for me.

I counter Tracers on attack and koth with Symmetra. Turrets deter her from overextending or make her switch altogether.

I once joined a team on Anubis attack with 2 minutes left being spawn camped by a crazy Tracer, so I switched to Symmetra and won them the game with bronze elims. Epic card followed.

God no... symmetra is not good against Tracer.

God no... symmetra is not good against Tracer.

It can be hit or miss. I've had some Tracers that I've melted down easily, and others who are damn good at knowing how to blink out of range of Symmetra's gun and rip me to shreds. Lots of times it's just a matter of lucking into running into her when she's out of dashes and her rewind is on cooldown.

Now Genji... Genjis are like red meat to Symmetra. I just laugh when I see one coming.

It can be hit or miss. I've had some Tracers that I've melted down easily, and others who are damn good at knowing how to blink out of range of Symmetra's gun and rip me to shreds. Lots of times it's just a matter of lucking into running into her when she's out of dashes and her rewind is on cooldown.

Now Genji... Genjis are like red meat to Symmetra. I just laugh when I see one coming.

Well sure, I am just saying she doesn't counter tracer... not even close.

The console versions desperately need commands for "we don't need 3 fucking Genjis on our team" and "why would you ever play Zenyatta instead of Lucio or Mercy."

Alucrid

Banned
Heh, reminds me of the KotH I played in Quick Play last night. I was already tanking, and the rest of the team picked all Offense and Defense characters. No healer at all. I popped the "Need Healing" emote a couple of times and then shrugged. "Whatever, let them learn the hard way."

And we won, somehow. That other team must have been pretty bad, because they even had heals when we didn't, and we still won 2-0.

roadhog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom