• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

Is playing with KBM common on consoles? I think if I bought a ps4/xb1 I would be too tempted to use KBM and it kinda seems like it's cheating when you're playing against controller users.

Definitely cheating, the advantage would be like using an aimbot on PC, especially since I've read the thumbstick controls on console Overwatch aren't particularly good anyway.

Definitely cheating, the advantage would be like using an aimbot on PC, especially since I've read the thumbstick controls on console Overwatch aren't particularly good anyway.

I agree with as much. It's like aimbot. I would still be pretty damn tempted even though I've never cheated in an online game before. I just value the KBM experience that highly. Good thing I don't have that temptation on PC.

jorgejjvr

Hey ps4 gaf

Will be playing tonight at around 8 PM EDT, in case anyone wants to take part.

Looking forward to a group with ideally voice chat, and to do competitive :)

Feel free to add me

Psn: jorgejjvr

LiK

Playing with a legit random who's lvl 241 and his Lucio is insanely good. He ended up friending my group and we steamrolled Hanamura lol

After weeks of playing, I pulled off nullifying Reapers Ult by trapping him in Winstons bubble and saved the entire team. I have never been so hyped!

I agree with as much. It's like aimbot. I would still be pretty damn tempted even though I've never cheated in an online game before. I just value the KBM experience that highly. Good thing I don't have that temptation on PC.

Do what you want homie, the tool is only as good as the person that uses it. People are seriously underestimating controller users, if the average (aim) PC player comes in console overwatch with M/KB and thinks they'll be top 100, they're in for a rude awakening. It's not some sort of magic win tool, you still have to be good to play good. I've been playing since the open beta on PS4, and while I have seen some good players here and there, I thought the average computer player would stomp all of console. But once competitive mode came out, I've seen what the above average player can do, and it's impressive.

Controller on PC on the other hand, is death, you don't have the nice aim assist to help you out like on consoles.

Do what you want homie, the tool is only as good as the person that uses it. People are seriously underestimating controller users, if the average (aim) PC player comes in console overwatch with M/KB and thinks they'll be top 100, they're in for a rude awakening. It's not some sort of magic win tool, you still have to be good to play good. I've been playing since the open beta on PS4, and while I have seen some good players here and there, I thought the average computer player would stomp all of console. But once competitive mode came out, I've seen what the above average player can do, and it's impressive.

Controller on PC on the other hand, is death, you don't have the nice aim assist to help you out like on consoles.

What is a typical % hit rate with soldier 76 on console? 30% Maybe 35%?

Son Of D

That moment where you've got the perfect opportunity to get the third kill on the "The Floor is Lava" trophy and then Reaper kills you before you can get on the wall.

9bfae096a4b98394373e1ff53fc52c5b.jpg

from masteroverwatch

Soldier (competitive):
PS4 31.6%
Xbox 32.3%
PC 35.5%

Next up drop bubble on top of dva ult!

I wonder where 40-45% soldier aim would fall on consoles.

And I think aim % only is the tip of the iceberg on the disparity. Because it's also the ability to accurate flick, headshot track, and situational awareness, plus ability to strafe shot and jump shot without it affecting tracking much if at all.

Redmoon

Ster spent the past 3 hours getting from rank 74.5 to 75.5 and lost it all with one loss

PILRiuX.png

I feel like thats way too extreme of an xp loss for just one game, regardless of team/player rank or game length. I don't want to even finish my placements and play comp because of this (along with the leaver issue). I'd get so upset.

EDIT: I assume his team was favored to win and they lost to the underdog?

Ster spent the past 3 hours getting from rank 74.5 to 75.5 and lost it all with one loss

PILRiuX.png

Basically how I feel from going from 57 to 48 in 3 days. Like I don't even know what to do anymore. I don't mind losing to better teams but i just keep getting stuck on these teams that don't counter pick, continuously over extend or never change their hero after we start to lose.The other teams will constantly have tracers/pharahs that are completely unchecked and no one bothers to deal with them if I'm tanking or healing. I'm just at a loss.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember a while back how I said one thing TF2 did have over Overwatch was the community?

Well, congratulations Overwatch. You are now better than TF2 in every way with the new update to TF2.

Gurrry

Had a match where someone on the other team left and I still got about half a level when we won, so I guess they fixed it now?

Nope. Just finally got a win and as soon as we were about to, someone leaves. The MMR rank moved maybe an inch, if that.

But dont worry, if someone on your team leaves and it says you can leave without penalty, its lying. I dropped in rank because I thought it was "safe to leave".

Ranked is such a mess right now. Its super unfortunate.

Vitanimus

being praised for my mercy plays is honestly the best feeling ;____; duelling off and winning against an enemy tracer is even better tho. bye bitch!
pwou69d.gif

kuppy

So please explain overtime for me again.
It gets triggered when the match time is over but someone of the currently losing team is contesting. That puts 10 more seconds on the clock. The winning team has to keep the point or payload from being contested for those 10 seconds in order to end the match. But if it does get contested again, we are back to another 10 seconds.
Now that's why people switch to Tracer, right. Because the split second that she can blink in there before recalling time is enough?
Reaper in invisible mode counts too?
Edit: Oh, and Junkrat riptire?

Also you can shoot through teammates right? What about self damage while shooting through a teammate though? lol

Remember a while back how I said one thing TF2 did have over Overwatch was the community?

Well, congratulations Overwatch. You are now better than TF2 in every way with the new update to TF2.

Overwatch community is people banned from CSGO for cheating and people banned from Mobas for being too toxic.

TrojanAg

Ranked is garbage, I'm literally this close from moving on from this game. The rage quitting punishes the entire team instead of the individual, the coin flip and overtime need to be readjusted or removed completely, and individual performance is irrelevant to your rank. Blizzard has a lot of work to do to clean up this mess

snack

Nope. Just finally got a win and as soon as we were about to, someone leaves. The MMR rank moved maybe an inch, if that.

But dont worry, if someone on your team leaves and it says you can leave without penalty, its lying. I dropped in rank because I thought it was "safe to leave".

Ranked is such a mess right now. Its super unfortunate.

The game states that you will not have a penalty. This applies to the "leavers penalty" that reduces the amount of experience points you get and can result in a competitive ban.

Leaving after the timer expires prevents these things.

It still counts as a loss, and you still lose competitive rank.

Gurrry

The game states that you will not have a penalty. This applies to the "leavers penalty" that reduces the amount of experience points you get and can result in a competitive ban.

Leaving after the timer expires prevents these things.

It still counts as a loss, and you still lose competitive rank.

Thats a pretty bad system.

Eric WK

Thats a pretty bad system.

Why in the world would you not lose MMR if your team loses the game? The MMR system is closed. In order for the winning team to gain rank, it has to come from somewhere. The only alternative is for all of the MMR loss to come from the first leaver. I don't think that's the worst idea in the world, but it would be very punishing for anyone who experiences a random disconnect that they can't reconnect from.

Gurrry

Why in the world would you not lose MMR if your team loses the game? The MMR system is closed. In order for the winning team to gain rank, it has to come from somewhere. The only alternative is for all of the MMR loss to come from the first leaver. I don't think that's the worst idea in the world, but it would be very punishing for anyone who experiences a random disconnect that they can't reconnect from.

I understand its a messed up system thats not working as intended right now, but if someone on my team quits, why am i being punished?

This game relies so heavily on your team mates that if youre down even 1 person, it becomes drastically lopsided.

Basically how I feel from going from 57 to 48 in 3 days. Like I don't even know what to do anymore. I don't mind losing to better teams but i just keep getting stuck on these teams that don't counter pick, continuously over extend or never change their hero after we start to lose.The other teams will constantly have tracers/pharahs that are completely unchecked and no one bothers to deal with them if I'm tanking or healing. I'm just at a loss.

Same here. I'm at a 36% win rate in competitive. And I'm doing pretty damn good in most of my matches. Sure, sometimes I find ways I could improve or I simply didn't know how to approach the situation, but more often than not I feel like I just don't have a team to back me up.

It's killed all my enthusiasm for the game. I almost want to shelve it until the new hero comes out.

eek5

I understand its a messed up system thats not working as intended right now, but if someone on my team quits, why am i being punished?

This game relies so heavily on your team mates that if youre down even 1 person, it becomes drastically lopsided.

Too easily abused if no one lost anything so I don't fully agree with you. I think it should at least take into account the length of the game though. If someone leaves in the first round on a 2cp match I don't mind taking the loss hit but goddamn last night I lost an entire rank off of it. We were winning too when the rein d/c'd and my rank still got hammered.

Ranked is garbage, I'm literally this close from moving on from this game. The rage quitting punishes the entire team instead of the individual, the coin flip and overtime need to be readjusted or removed completely, and individual performance is irrelevant to your rank. Blizzard has a lot of work to do to clean up this mess

They're removing coin flip and adjusting OT. They said they have internally tested changes to OT that will show up in a PTR soon. Have some faith bros.

its not like, on purpose. its a bug that they thought they fixed but didnt

No. The losing team will always be penalized. The bug fix is supposed to be for the winning team to not receive 1/10th rank up.

I feel like thats way too extreme of an xp loss for just one game, regardless of team/player rank or game length. I don't want to even finish my placements and play comp because of this (along with the leaver issue). I'd get so upset.

EDIT: I assume his team was favored to win and they lost to the underdog?

The problem with those streamers is they have group ratings of like 70 and after queue can't find anyone to match them with it puts them against 10-15pt underdogs. Almost all their games are just steamrolls where all of them are fucking around on off-heroes and after it's all said and done they get like 1/20th of a level. Then eventually they get same-level opponents and if they lose those they lose big. It's not really a problem that affects the majority of us because we're winning big and losing big all the time (at least that's my experience in the 50s)

I logged off a couple days ago and my buddy was 56. Woke up and saw a message form him and he went from 56 to 49 after I went to bed lmao. Find a group to play with and climb back up. If you start sliding a lot in a session take a break instead of getting tilted and plummeting further.

Hari Seldon

Done with this game. People are too good that it is no longer fun to play casually. I had a longer and more fun time with Star Wars Battlefront. I regret this purchase quite a bit.

Lokbob

Woohoo, first time I got reported and called a cheater in Overwatch.
Which is pretty funny because my not so a-mei-zing icicle shots probably have a accuracy of 20-30%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom