• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

My solo adventure today on PS4 went 63--->59--->66, I was rewarded with being put on a team with a level 39 (AGAIN). We were crushed, I did keep my rank though!

Animator

They need to increase the min rank limit to play competitive to 50 or 60 at least. Game is infested with lvl 25 scrub players who are absolutely shit.

Gator86

They need to increase the min rank limit to play competitive to 50 or 60 at least. Game is infested with lvl 25 scrub players who are absolutely shit.

Agreed. Yes, you're level 26 and you got lucky/carried through your placement matches. Please, by all means, demonstrate your amazing Genji flanking ability while the enemy caps the final point.

zoukka

Competitive matchmaking is really starting to do my head in.

My team's competitive score will be around 54-57. Our ranks will be no higher than 60. The opposition's competitive score will be 52-55, but their ranks will be in the 90s or they'll have those stars in their portrait. And yet they get classed as the underdogs.

Last night I was up against a team where two group members had the two stars portrait, 3 had one and the other was ranked 87.
The highest ranked player on my team was 90.

And this was going on all night. Loss after loss after loss. I was constantly being teamed up with lower ranked players and yet being classed as the favourite. Just because in those first 10 placement matches I did a little better.

These people are out of my fucking league. Give me a break!

The bigger numbers are player levels gained with exp. They don't correlate with skill, only playtime.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mercy stans are so bad yall like omg they literally have an excuse for everything and cant even play lucio like why even waste peoples time
Typically when I get healing duty I'll play Lucio first and then when I see everyone dying, not waiting for my heals, not waiting for my amp, not coordinating a strike with my ult I just figure I have no choice but to play Mercy.

Tensest game of the day went five rounds, gained four gold medals; something like over 70 objective eliminations, over ten minutes on the objective, etc. Going into overtime, I'm trying my very best to pull through. We managed to pull through and win. Would've been crushing if we lost. Went back to casual matches to cool off.

Same team that managed to get caught in Reaper's ult three times in one round. Reaper wasn't clever about it. Walked in, easily telegraphed, wiped them out. At the time I'm playing Lucio; turned around, went back to the entrance to speed boost my newly revived team forward.

Tensest game of the day went five rounds, gained four gold medals; something like over 70 objective eliminations, over ten minutes on the objective, etc. Going into overtime, I'm trying my very best to pull through. We managed to pull through and win. Would've been crushing if we lost. Went back to casual matches to cool off.

Those games are honestly the best. Like, you know that if you lose you're going to punch a hole in your wall, but winning feels sooo good.

Ayumi

I really need to stop playing solo, and just get a group so I can get my rank back, and then push further. I'm not too comfortable with voice chatting, but I'm willing to do my best if anyone's up for it (PC).

Where is a good place to look for a group online? It doesn't have to be GAF. I play on Asia during evening JST so it's hard to play with people I know online. They're all in a different timezone! And my few IRL friends are either way ahead of me, or way below in ranks (and unranked).

The bigger numbers are player levels gained with exp. They don't correlate with skill, only playtime.

Yeah, but I would argue that someone who has played long enough to get to rank 20-odd for a THIRD time and has a competitive rating of 54 will be better than someone who is ranked 49 with a competitive rating of 56.

Edit: Oh, I finally got my first win in about 7 games. Nepal. All but one person on the opposite side quit at the start of the third round. Such bollocks. That one person got POTG though, using Pharrah's ULT in their spawn point. Pretty funny.

TrounceX

So I'm a 62 and thought that was pretty good.... Apparently that's top 3%. So uh yeah, that's interesting. I've never even played an FPS on PC until this game came out. Maybe this stats tracker site is wrong.

Herla

Good team, would play again with (and, sadly, that's totally going to happen)

j6aRQSs.jpg

Is there a reason not to quit at that point? Just the XP?

Izayoi

Banned
This week's brawl is actually a lot of fun... Zen completely dominates with no real counter other than another Zen. So this is how it feels, to be on top... ;_;

Blues1990

Once I get the PC version, I'm going to save up my gold so I can mass purchase the cheaper unlocks. That way, I can focus on unlocking the alternative colours on a later date.

Blues1990

Because the majority of my matches are actually fun and competitive. The players in my skill bracket might not always be the best, but for the most part they understand this is a team game and my games so far have reflected that. I have no desire ever to play Quick Play again because all you're going to get is five Hanzos or some other shit.

I haven't experienced being in groups that focus on being a single hero/herone, but I can see that being a reasonable reason.

I guess that there really isn't any incentive for me to join rank play, unless Blizzard will have new costumes that can only be unlocked through Competitive Mode.

Izayoi

Banned
Maybe I need to try it out because I feel like I'll never get that Zen achievement. ._.
I got it the other day in competitive. Competitive seems to be good for getting a lot of the achievements done, as everyone tends to bunch, and it makes big plays easier.

I ended up getting it with a well-timed Transcendence to counter a Graviton Surge.

Unless you mean the one for the Discord Orb, which I'm still struggling with.

I got it the other day in competitive. Competitive seems to be good for getting a lot of the achievements done, as everyone tends to bunch, and it makes big plays easier.

I ended up getting it with a well-timed Transcendence to counter a Graviton Surge.

Unless you mean the one for the Discord Orb, which I'm still struggling with.

I don't have either of them, but the Discord one is what I'm afraid of. :/

Also, the amount of salt you get from your TEAMMATES when you lose in Competitive is just sad. You can't win them all, not everyone is MLG. It's not as bad as CS but damn.

Once I get the PC version, I'm going to save up my gold so I can mass purchase the cheaper unlocks. That way, I can focus on unlocking the alternative colours on a later date.

I feel you on waiting for skins. I'm not spending any of my gold because I feel like as soon as I do, they're going to add a ton of awesome skins that I wish I'd saved for.

My god, what is with the Torb stacking in quick play? Annoying assholes.

It's definitely annoying. It sucks because when dealing with Bastions, you can usually counter with Genji, but Torbjorn's turret has such a slow rate of fire. That auto aim is the killer. Dva's Ult can tear the turrets (and maybe some players) up, maybe a Reinhardt + Pharah?

I don't know if I agree with Blizzard saying that hero stacking is a "core" strategy.

WTF are these teams?

I hardly got any rank points lol.

Also the game before I had a player that started to grief and just went afk the whole match. Obviously we lost, but we all reported him (even players on the other team), so hopefully he gets dealt with.

Ferga

Just went against a all Tracer comp on king's row.

Round went on for more than 25minutes with the bloody tracers jumping everywhere around the point. We were never in danger of losing but holy shit, that shit could potentially last forever against our comp.

Sarek

Leavers in this game suck so much. We only got 2 points out of 3 on attack, and that was reason enough for someone on our time to leave. This of course started a chain reaction, and before round 2 even started we were then down to just two people. Stuck around till the end and still lost half a rank.

The XP penalty alone clearly isn't harsh enough since people are still constantly leaving the matches.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Leavers in this game suck so much. We only got 2 points out of 3 on attack, and that was reason enough for someone on our time to leave. This of course started a chain reaction, and before round 2 even started we were then down to just two people. Stuck around till the end and still lost half a rank.

The XP penalty alone clearly isn't harsh enough since people are still constantly leaving the matches.

Thing is that the penalty also includes keeping them out of games, but it seems that it's still too forgiving of the number of games they can leave on.

Plus they drop rank too.

Kamion

Yeah... I'm not playing ranked for another week or so. I was placed at 50, am now sitting at 46 because I had 7 (!!!) games in a row with people leaving.

And the "have a leaver then lose" penalty is crazy.

So not risking losing more rank just because leavers haven't been removed from comp yet :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
All 6 people on the enemy team left and the game is still going

I don't think this is an economical plan. Over time as boxes are unlocked, you'll save more by letting the game unlock the cheap stuff for you instead of effectively earning less when those items unlock as duplicates and getting 1/5 the value of those unlocks back.

BlStinger

Neo Member
I've been struggling with attack on capture maps (even point A and sudden death) the last couple nights with 4 - 6 player groups, with a team rank in the low to mid 40s. My teams usually don't push in a very organized fashion, our Mercy is constantly taken out by flankers before pushes start, etc.

On console are most full teams coordinating well in ranked? Is there an established console meta for capture maps?

I clawed up from rank 43 to finally reach 50 last night. I'm going to sit pretty at 50 until all the leaver / rank fix changes are implemented and stick to quick play in the meantime.

Also people should stop telling me that Mei isn't an attack character. I will ruin payload defenses as Mei.

Yeah... I'm not playing ranked for another week or so. I was placed at 50, am now sitting at 46 because I had 7 (!!!) games in a row with people leaving.

And the "have a leaver then lose" penalty is crazy.

So not risking losing more rank just because leavers haven't been removed from comp yet :(

It's fucking stupid is what it is. I just had a game where 4 of my team left after we lost the first round on Lijang Tower. It's so stupid. People who quit a game should have to wait an hour before they can play again. If you get disconnected accidentally there's plenty of time to rejoin.

They also need to sort out Sudden Death. 90 seconds to capture that first point on Temple of Anubis is an absolute joke.

holysan

Junkrat is so much fun to play.

tfw a Tracer runs into your trap
tfw you hear a Genji "Ryujin no... aaaaaaaaaaaah"

I like to go kamikaze with him, since I usually take more than one with me.

Soldier is probably the class I dislike the most. They always run away :(

abundant

It's fucking stupid is what it is. I just had a game where 4 of my team left after we lost the first round on Lijang Tower. It's so stupid. People who quit a game should have to wait an hour before they can play again. If you get disconnected accidentally there's plenty of time to rejoin.

They also need to sort out Sudden Death. 90 seconds to capture that first point on Temple of Anubis is an absolute joke.
That is not always the case. On multiple occasion, I have had people in my group get DC'd and they couldn't rejoin in time due to Blizzard's servers screwing up.

Zemm

4 - 4 Anubis with sudden death is the worst hell this games can offer. Play for days just to lose a coin flip and your ranks xD

It's why the time bank system they have for season 2 is just as bad in my opinion, still going to lead to long ass games. I just want two rounds, defend and attack, and whoever sets the fastest time wins, simple.

abundant

It's why the time bank system they have for season 2 is just as bad in my opinion, still going to lead to long ass games. I just want two rounds, defend and attack, and whoever sets the fastest time wins, simple.
The only problem with Stopwatch Rules is that it favors certain comps over others. That's probably the main reason Blizzard refuses to implement them.

saher

Banned
So i got disconnected from PSN while playing competitive mode and now am banned for 30min ...what kind of stupid shit is this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom