• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Quick play is pretty much practice mode now lol.

I managed to get to 56 in Ranked mode but started to get frustrated with the way I'd yo-yo between 57 and 54 depending on my teammates (I suppose that meant they had nailed my rating).

So I'm exclusively playing QP until the end of the season just to see what the Ranked Rewards are like (I know we're getting CP) and possibly how Ranked will be altered following its first season.

ohkay

Speed boost is definitely an effective strategy, even not at high levels. I used it in the 50s on hybrid and capture point maps to push through choke points, and I don't think I lost a single match there using the strategy (helps that the teams listened to me when I recommended we do it). Then again, I also see Lucios in the 60s not using it, but I personally use it regularly outside of just trying to escape and moving between points/respawn and I'd like to say it's contributed to my success with Lucio.

LiK

still pissed me off last night that in Comp my team of randoms didn't want to play Lucio and kept spamming "Need Healer!". i had to give up being Junkrat to heal their whiny asses.

Defuser

Seriously this 10 mins penalty if you quit mid match is the most stupid solution. Quitters will just watch a few youtube videos and they are back to playing and quitting. Blizzard should up the penalty to 3 to 6 hours.

Prelude.

Seriously this 10 mins penalty if you quit mid match is the most stupid solution. Quitters will just watch a few youtube videos and they are back to playing and quitting. Blizzard should up the penalty to 3 to 6 hours.
The penalty gets worse and worse if they keep leaving. A friend of mine got banned for several hours.

You need to realize that the other 11 players in your games are over time constant in skill level relative to the rank. That's why the matchmaking system put them there. The only variable across a large set of games is you. If you play better than your rank over time, you will rise in rank. If you play worse, you will lose rank. Since you have 50% winrate, it seems you should be where you are right now. 64 games is a small sample size, but honestly pretty decent in this context.

I do play with a group of friends a bit, so that adds a little more stability. I feel like I'm getting better, but it doesn't look like I am. I'm using more strategy than I was even just last week, but nothing has changed. I need to start recording replays.

sometime i'm the only healer on the team so i have to decide which is more effective between lucio and zen. which hero will carry me victory. but sometimes i can't help when everyone is spread out or behind a wall. i can do so much.

Auctopus

They shouldn't do anything that drastic until they fine tune the "Leavers" system.

There's been matches (about 5-6) where I've loaded in and the music/SFX is as if I'm on the character select screen but I'm actually floating just below the map assets. Weirdly, this always seems to happen if I join a match that's almost over. Then It'll try and load me in to the next round but I'll be kicked for being inactive or I'll have to manually leave to escape glitch purgatory and get a strike against my name.

Azoor

Leavers are the bane of my existence. I lost most of my matches because of them. Indeed Blizzard needs a higher penalty for them.

Leavers are the bane of my existence. I lost most of my matches because of them. Indeed Blizzard needs a higher penalty for them.

They also really need to fix the rejoin button. I've been playing with friends when their internet drops and it's a 50/50 shot whether or not they can get back in the match.

So in my first 60 tick server match, I missed more, but I killed more.

I don't know what this tells me.

Those servers are up? How do you tell?

i don't understand the tick stuff. is it more accurate?

The server communicates more with the client, less roadhog hooks around the wall.

I hope they resolve the 'server closed due to an unexpected error' messages. I've had a couple matches that were tied up only for this message to pop up.

Pilgrimzero

So I see Blizz is thinking about buffing Mercy. I think her biggest draw back is she is left alone to often and that's a death sentence.

What if say a self teleport that take her all the way back to spawn point? Get her back to the team and doing her job and doesn't really effect the other team. Or maybe a force field like Zarya but lasts a bit longer so she can withdraw?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I miss more than usual but I hit my body shot head shot combo more regularly?

I seem to be doing better as mccree so I'm just going to assume that 20 tick is holding me back from greatness.

Beckx

So I see Blizz is thinking about buffing Mercy. I think her biggest draw back is she is left alone to often and that's a death sentence.

What if say a self teleport that take her all the way back to spawn point? Get her back to the team and doing her job and doesn't really effect the other team. Or maybe a force field like Zarya but lasts a bit longer so she can withdraw?

tbh when i die as mercy it's not generally because i'm alone (that's not a big deal, really), it's because a heavy hitter got behind our lines and one or two shot me. guardian angel tweaks (actually, fix the GA glitch too plx) might help buff her, but right now she gets matched for healing by zen/lucio combo w/o providing any additional benefits (outside of ult) the way they do.

good mercy players survive fine, so that stuff won't help her get picked at the high end meta. i don't know if the answer is a healing buff or add a support option or what. it's not about making individual players want to play her (they do, imo), it's about making teams want her.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you queue with low rank friends and drop 4 ranks in a blink of an eye. I wouldn't normally but I got 60 which is what I wanted and the season is over soon anyway. I tell you though, it's a different game with low ranks, just awful picks and plays everywhere.

That's pro play, that means nothing for us. For speed boost to be most effective, you need to have a lot of coordination, like in pro play.

If they took away his healing, regular people wouldn't use him because regular people actually follow the team tips unlike the pros. To say anything that pros do is what we do is totally absurd.

Yeah speedboost has never really been an issue in competitive and I've been at rank 60 and have watched guys like Seagull as well. The only time I usually see it used competently and not a getaway device is by really coordinated teams or proplay. It's really not much of an issue imo.

I find it incredibly funny that this statement is taken as Seagull, let alone me, saying that they should remove Lucio's healing. Nobody ever said that. Seagull (and I agree with him there) said that Lucio's speed boost is so powerful and has such a profound impact on the game that they could remove Lucio's healing entirely and he would still be a pick in high level play.

Most low to mid level Lucio players don't even use the speed boost all that often. Of course it has little to no impact on your games. But that isn't the point. The point is that at high level of play, Lucio's speed boost is what completely dominates the meta and completely pushes various strategies, and with that characters, out of viability.

So why are you so vehemently defending the speed boost? Clearly it has not much influence on you personally if they reduce its strength. But it definitely ties down the meta in high level play to the point where Lucio has been picked in almost every tournament game ever. Just because other heroes overshadow him (Mercy at launch, Zenyatta right now) does not mean that his impact on the meta should be ignored or is in any way negligible.

The server communicates more with the client, less roadhog hooks around the wall.

I hope they resolve the 'server closed due to an unexpected error' messages. I've had a couple matches that were tied up only for this message to pop up.
Lol the server closing will never be fixed. Rip
I wonder how moonmoon is doing. I haven't checked his stream

Apathy

between the wow legion invasion and personal stuff i've been away for quite a bit, even back on news, but the fact that they are pushing 60 tick servers, yummy and thank goodness.

the zen nerf to discord (been calling that since the ptr)

and they are thinking of buffing mei buff (boo, she needs it but still boo)

nice to see the rapid changes and nice to see the OW team is by far the best and most agile team blizzard has.

LiK

so Zen Discord nerf is rumor right? i think 30% would be perfect. right now, it fucking melts tanks like Winston making him useless.

At just about 150 boxes:

Characters I have every summer item for at this point:
McCree, Reaper, Tracer, Bastion, Hanzo, Junkrat, Mei, Reinhardt, Winston, Roadhog, Ana, Symmetra, Zenyatta

Characters that are missing 1 item:
WIdowmaker (player icon), Torbjörn (victory pose), Zarya (player icon), Mercy (spray), Pharah (spray)

Still no Nihon Genji. Nor any of Lucio's purples but idgaf about those.
~_~

That feel when you queue with low rank friends and drop 4 ranks in a blink of an eye. I wouldn't normally but I got 60 which is what I wanted and the season is over soon anyway. I tell you though, it's a different game with low ranks, just awful picks and plays everywhere.

Tell me about it. The worst are people who play one character, poorly, throughout. Detriment to the whole team.

This makes sense, but I hope I can still wreck an unsuspecting D.Va after a nerf :)

Tell me about it. The worst are people who play one character, poorly, throughout. Detriment to the whole team.

This makes sense, but I hope I can still wreck an unsuspecting D.Va after a nerf :)
Did I mention. I was in a group I had to mute the team voice because this guy was being mad before the match started because he wanted to play genji. Lol
From the voice they sound like they were under 15 RIP

LiK

Did I mention. I was in a group I had to mute the team voice because this guy was being mad before the match started because he wanted to play genji. Lol
From the voice they sound like they were under 15 RIP

probably the same crybabies who leave during team set up cuz they don't get to play their main.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Like the Genji in our last game who I never saw on the kill feed, not a single solo kill the entire match. Or the Rein before who kept charging in 1v6 and dying instantly that would start flaming me and the other healer for not healing him. Some people are just awful, some are awful and assholes, the Rein was definitely the latter. I just imagine how many games he has ruined over the season.

Beckx

I think he left only when the team was so bad it was a lost cause anyway, so it's not like he affected anyone but himself.

being down teammates can turn "we're going to lose" into "we're going to have a miserable time getting camped" though

last night we had this dude bullying a guy into switching to a tank "because 2/2/2 is optimal", then he complained that lucio wasn't healing him, then he quit. the team play wasn't great so it was definitely a lost cause, but we went from a normal but losing defense phase into an attack phase getting camped. not great.

Nimby

Banned
hope they fix Symm on console. her turrets need to be buffed back to glory.

I'd like to see that, the ability to rotate your teleporter, starting w/ 6 turrets, and changes to her shields and energy ball.

I wonder what it would be like if they brought Bastion's shield back?

Can someone link their comment on Mei buffs? I missed that.

Not really much specifically other than they were looking into her, Blizz feels she would only need a few changes to perform well. They did mention allowing her ultimate to be able to pierce enemy Reinhardt shields when thrown. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748005067?page=5#post-81

Like the Genji in our last game who I never saw on the kill feed, not a single solo kill the entire match. Or the Rein before who kept charging in 1v6 and dying instantly that would start flaming me and the other healer for not healing him. Some people are just awful, some are awful and assholes, the Rein was definitely the latter. I just imagine how many games he has ruined over the season.

A good tank is so critical on attack, especially on maps like Hanamura. If the tank isn't willing to push with the whole team at once, you will never make any progress. I try to corral the team but more often than not someone charges in alone and gets destroyed. I'm trying to teach people that 1 kill is not worth dying but some of them just don't listen at all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Which sounds hilariously broken by the way, considering how often she has ult up. It basically negates any positioning the team tries to do with rein in the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom