• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manoko

Weird, I'm watching Gods stream right now and it's a 60 tick server in public comp. Maybe it's just an NA rollout so far? Maybe he needs to restart the game? Idk, but I am seeing 60 tick right now.

Nevermind, it is indeed 60 tick. :)

Azoor

I was playing Widow in Defence in Hanamura, and our Ana kept Nano boosting me instead of our tanks...

We won though.

Anne

Yeah i posted the message from Kaplan about higher tickrate servers and competitive changes in the old thread but everyone ignored it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213277107&postcount=19782

I honestly assumed it would come in preseason for S2, not stealth launched today. I try not to get hyped unless I know it's going to happen. It happened out of nowhere and I'm really excited, this was my biggest complaint on launch day. I just kept quiet cause I was under the assumption it was gonna be fixed, just not so soon and suddenly.

Shouta

What if Lucio's speed boost caused your party to take 10% or maybe 15% more damage while it's active? It'd still leave the speed aspect there but it'd be more dangerous to do it willy nilly. It'd be the go too fast and you hurt yourself thing lol

zoukka

What if Lucio's speed boost caused your party to take 10% or maybe 15% more damage while it's active? It'd still leave the speed aspect there but it'd be more dangerous to do it willy nilly. It'd be the go too fast and you hurt yourself thing lol

I think that's too much. Mini discording your whole team is kinda bad :b

They can try and adjust his numbers. Slower ult, less healing with E.

Zekes!

How's some kid gonna yell at me over mic that we don't need Pharah on the Nepal Sanctum map (the one with the pit next to the point) during competitive. Not even like polite, "hey can you change", but obnoxious, "we don't need Pharah!" x 10

Luckily someone quit and we all got booted

Soulflarz

Banned
What if you randomly trip everytime speedboost is activated?

There's a reason you shouldn't play brawl competitively.

And tripping isn't it but it's definitely the reason everyone says anyways

(brawl is campy and very defense heavy, a few characters were OP and not in melee "I can beat them" ways, but metaknight was OP and others had some ridiculous camping options, making it a very annoying game to play and very unfun to watch compared to melee where even a defensive fox is "fast paced" and not really campy)

Soulflarz

Banned
What if they took out speedboost and replaced it with a 10% damage buff for all? Meaning he's just a portable mercy for all on a weaker scale. Or...he's a discord. Whichever you prefer.

LiK

Do people get penalized in Comp during team set up when they leave? Happened 3 times today for me. Irritating.

Superflat

I never once touched Zenyatta in the first 120 hours of playing the game, but I decided to pick him up this week and holy shit I'm always on fire and shutting down ults like mad with discord kills and transcendence healing.

I'm a believer now.

I remapped discord to right click because his secondary is so meh.

KuroNeeko

Man, I started comp mode at rank 45 and am sitting at 35 now.

I primarily play Zen (if on Attack and there's a Lucio), Mercy (if on defense with 0-1 healer), D-Va (if there are no tanks, or only one tank and we have two supports), and the occasional Mei (because she's awesome).

Is 35 pretty normally when you only solo queue or should I just be content with my scrubbery?

Mush

That would be fun. She could be a very mobile defender, skating in to protect her team's back end. Like a reverse tracer.
The boost would only affect her, so teams can't abuse it like Lucio's boost.

The trade off would be that in order to create her "paths" it would consume her blaster's ammunition.

Heck, you could even make it that the trail(s) she leaves behind slows down opposing characters if they step on it (they would disappear after a short period of time, obviously).

There, I've just saved Overwatch. I'll be waiting for your call, Jeff.

Jokab

I primarily play Zen (if on Attack and there's a Lucio), Mercy (if on defense with 0-1 healer), D-Va (if there are no tanks, or only one tank and we have two supports), and the occasional Mei (because she's awesome).

Is 35 pretty normally when you only solo queue or should I just be content with my scrubbery?

I started at 48 and 45 hours later I'm 60 through almost solely solo queue. So nah.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But really, the one character they should look at is DVa. Her lack of an E ability is seriously unfair.

I propose a giant beam sword to be her e ability.

ISOM

I don't think anyone would use speedboost if it eats up health. You might as well just remove the ability.

I don't think anyone would use speedboost if it eats up health. You might as well just remove the ability.

Only Lucio takes more damage when it's active. Like a 20% increase. That would be one way of doing it. Speed up your team at your own risk.

35 is low solo or otherwise.

I started using one of these last night, it actually really helped with my aim tracking.
My aim still sucks but it sucks slightly less now.

DSC_0013.jpg

Anne

Filthy console peasant checking in, this isn't going to affect us, right?

It shouldn't, it just makes life better on PC. I'd wait for word from Blizzard on when/if console implementation is going up. They didn't even announce they were changing it on PC, it just happened and people noticed from their data display.

ekim

It shouldn't, it just makes life better on PC. I'd wait for word from Blizzard on when/if console implementation is going up. They didn't even announce they were changing it on PC, it just happened and people noticed from their data display.

How do you see this?

ekim

Uh, have the setting on to display performance in the top left corner. If the IND number is ~20ms, you're on 60 tick.

I forget the shortcut command, it might be ctrl+shift+r?

Oh yeah. I have this open all the time. What does IND mean exactly?

edit: and what was the value with 30 tick servers?

Anne

Oh yeah. I have this open all the time. What does IND mean exactly?

edit: and what was the value with 30 tick servers?

interpolation delay. I forget what the value was on the 20 tick servers, I think it was 50 something?

You can also do ctrl+shift+N to see how often the server is updating and how often the client is updating. The OW severs have always been 60 tick actually. The client updated at 20 tick which was the problem. With the client at 20 the servers might as well have been 20 tick. They should both be 60 tick now,

ekim

interpolation delay. I forget what the value was on the 20 tick servers, I think it was 50 something?

You can also do ctrl+shift+N to see how often the server is updating and how often the client is updating. The OW severs have always been 60 tick actually. The client updated at 20 tick which was the problem. With the client at 20m the servers might as well have been 20 tick. They should both be 60 tick now,

Ah ok. Didn't know that. I just played a QP and it hovered between 30 and 40 but I'm at work and my ping is all over the place for a short amount and the game is running at <30 FPS.

Does this mean that I should now be able to get a better hitscan char accuracy? I played at 144FPS (currently unlocked at 200+ FPS) and had the feeling that McGrees bullets have a travel time. I always thought, the low tick rate caused this because what I've seen on the monitor was always a bit ahead of my actions in the game.

Btw: the game didn't update, so if they changed it client side, I should've gotten an update, no?

edit: I also constantly get that little lightning symbol in the Top left of the screen. What does this mean?
edit: and another Symbol is also flashing sometimes. My ping and RTT values are very good though (20-30ms and 50-60ms)

ISOM

Only Lucio takes more damage when it's active. Like a 20% increase. That would be one way of doing it. Speed up your team at your own risk.

Man I've speedboosted away from so many Reapers as Lucio. I would be food if that kind of nerf happened.

Anne

Ah ok. Didn't know that. I just played a QP and it hovered between 30 and 40 but I'm at work and my ping is all over the place for a short amount and the game is running at <30 FPS.

Does this mean that I should now be able to get a better hitscan char accuracy? I played at 144FPS and had the feeling that McGrees bullets have a travel time. I always thought, the low tick rate caused this because what I've seen on the monitor was always a bit ahead of my actions in the game.

Btw: the game didn't update, so if they changed it client side, I should've gotten an update, no?

The clients been updated throughout the week. I'm not an expert on how that all works, but I guess Blizz can flip a switch on the servers to communicate it since they always had the server side "high bandwidth" option.

Also yeah, with the low tickrate you had to "lead" hitscan shots a bit which is where that feeling came from. With the updated tickrate that should be less of the case.

At least I think. I know meta better than I know netcode.

Edit: Battle.nets support page says IND "should be between 50-60 in normal games" which refers to the old tickrate.

ekim

The clients been updated throughout the week. I'm not an expert on how that all works, but I guess Blizz can flip a switch on the servers to communicate it since they always had the server side "high bandwidth" option.

Also yeah, with the low tickrate you had to "lead" hitscan shots a bit which is where that feeling came from. With the updated tickrate that should be less of the case.

At least I think. I know meta better than I know netcode.

Edit: Battle.nets support page says IND "should be between 50-60 in normal games" which refers to the old tickrate.

Thanks. Just seen that the lightning symbol means, my PC wasn't talking to the server for a greater time than the IND time. Hm... something that could fix that? Because it's really blinking every few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom