• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

With Reinhardt, couldn't a team poke at his shield till it was broken or near broken while theirs was intact before engaging/pusbing with speed boost.

That's exactly how it works. The Rein needs to be able to balance shield health in a way so that he can protect his team and not lose shield when they can be jumped on. The ideal way things should work is that Rein's shield dying is an advantage a team can work with. Right now Rein's shield dying is kind of a death sentence.

Just wondering if it's possible to have a GAF tournament or something since we can do customs. Of course timing is an issue but it would be interesting nonetheless.

Nimby

Banned
76 is literally the guy from the navy seals copypasta. and that is okay.

That meme would be strangely satisfying to hear read in his voice.

You know people keep complaining about zarya's lack of good skins but you know who has it worst?

Soldier 76.

None of them are good.

I like both of his epic skins - the bone one is neat and the shiny gold one looks cool in my opinion.

All his legendary skins are trash, though.

Jellie

That's exactly how it works. The Rein needs to be able to balance shield health in a way so that he can protect his team and not lose shield when they can be jumped on. The ideal way things should work is that Rein's shield dying is an advantage a team can work with. Right now Rein's shield dying is kind of a death sentence.
Wonder if mei will get more usage if it's going to be a poke meta to allow shield to recharge. It's already effective on maps like hanamura and kings row.
That's how it works already. It's nearly the whole point of having a Reinhardt.
What I mean is what will stop it since even with Reinhardt you'll get poked. Poke back harder? Have a better Reinhardt than theirs? Bit tired since it's 2am so questions probably have obvious answers

Anne

Just wondering if it's possible to have a GAF tournament or something since we can do customs. Of course timing is an issue but it would be interesting nonetheless.

PC GAF has done some scrims. We don't have enough people for a tournament, we barely have enough for scrims.

What I mean is what will stop it since even with Reinhardt you'll get poked. Poke back harder? Have a better Reinhardt than theirs? Bit tired since it's 2am so questions probably have obvious answers

You have a better Rein, your team pokes better, positions better, knows when to stop poking and engage, can fight, etc. Lots of ways to play it out.

WhyMe6

You think the fact that a tribute to the worlds most dullest sport being his best pose is a statement on how utterly dishwater boring Soldier 76 is?

To each his own, I guess. Everything about Soldier puts me to sleep.

As others have said, Soldier 76's key point is his age and "dadness". That's the best thing about him, and I love it. His "young punks get off my lawn" line, his tacky gold suit which is a relic of the fashion thirty years ago, his official-sport-of-old-men golf pose, his legendary Daredevil outfit's tacky-arse 70s hair style. I really enjoy his design and Blizzard seems to have a lot of fun with it, too.

Veelk

Banned
Dad 76 is an good meme, I like it too. I don't think much of that comes through in the actual game. His interactions there are mostly just being a hardass, not taking care of D.Va or Lucio or anything. I like the meme, but I can only find that on the internet, not in the game.

antitrop

Experience Tranquility

A4zStVS.jpg

Mei is an absolute KotH MONSTER on PTR right now. Ult covers the whole damn point, and if she catches enough people with it she'll have another ready in <30s. That shit is ridiculous.

playing QP with double sym, double torb, double genji on volskaya def felt so wrong. It worked but i felt bad for the attackers having to just go through so much turret fire. turrets firing away with genji's just picking off everyone

Apathy

Meta predictions? All I know is that Genji is as dead as Widow and McCree after their nerfs. I'm really curious to see what happens to support, will all of them bar Symmetra see some good play time?

If we're talking just everyone here, you might see less genjis and more hanzos but thats it. nothing huge. When it come to the pros, he wont get picked at all because in their world a "good enough" character is not enough. They need to squeeze every little bit of power out of a character and small weaknesses become huge for them.

In the pro world it's going to be reaper, mccree, tracer as the dps of choice. healers lucio for sure even with with nerf getting back faster to do engagements quicker to beat the clock will always be required but the second heal spot is going to be shared by zena nd mercy again depending on the situation and whether on attack or defence and the makeup of your team (maybe what the team feels better with), with zen slightly beating mercy in picks based on ult (it's better to stay alive and fight than die and be ressed).

Mei's buff is not going to change much for how much shes picked. She might get picked a little bit on koth matches but we'll see.

tanks it's going to be rein, zary, dva mostly with winston and hog maybe getting picked more when the opponents don't have a zen

I haven't played since Sunday (business trip) until today.

Holy cow. It's like all the competitive queue players are on a Purge or something. Quickplay went from fun to total cancer.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like honestly, the increased radius of mei's ult is nice, it's more the being able to bypass shield that's the biggest gamechanger to me.

The original hitboxes are so crazy. Meis cross-mapping me. Hanzo is... insane.

On the other hand, it feels far easier getting headshots with McCree and my Zen is throwing beachballs, so there's that.

Also PTR competitive is all over the place in my placements so far. Absolutely crushing some games, and then we played a guy with a Top 500 icon who got 70+ kills with McCree.

Ramirez

These try hard Genji's in QP are something else. Relax brehs, play some Widow or Ana and smell the roses for a couple weeks.

Veelk

Banned
I can understanding wanting to give bigger hitboxes to fix the other problems, but from waht I'm seeing, that is simply ridiculous. There has to be some middleground between "Too narrow for most players to hit" and "Everyone is a blockhead"

blockhead-blind.jpg

I need 5 credits to have 1000 to buy a legendary skin. So I was really hoping for a duplicate spray. No duplicates but I got the Tracer Sprinter skin that I wanted. :3

Wat. Her portrait looks really really weird...

Got Summer Games Genji! And Summer Games McCree! Will probably never use the latter over Gambler McCree, though. Those were the only ones I wanted after getting Summer Games Mercy (i.e., best Mercy) early on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like all the trash Genjis are just moving onto being trash Reapers and not Hanzo

H a n z o b o y s are Hanzo boys for life. No matter what the meta.

Anne

What do you think? I think her ult being able to bypass shields is kinda huge but i need to hear so.e opinions from someone who's actually better at the game than me. :p

The ult radius is really, really crazy. Like if you get just a halfway decent wall you can ult and trap an entire team. I'm getting solo triples and quads with Mei ult for no real good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom