• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

I feel like I had decent McCree season 1 stats (PS4), yet my win/loss ratio with him was only 45%. I don't know what to improve. I try to play for the objective etc.

UBdztSl.jpg

I'm honestly surprised some of the stats are that high. I usually play with US gaffers and I'm from EU so my ping is like 200. Yet I still had pretty good accuracy and headshot percentage, I like that.

Damn that's good. Were you solo queuing or something? Might explain the 45% win rate.

That seems like it's being taken into account too much in that case. Better win rate sure, but you seem better in pretty much every other category...

Unless I'm missing something this makes me trust Overbuff much less.

Overbuff stats seem to be out of whack anyway.

I began a game as McCree and swapped to another character in the middle of the match. We won, but it counted that game as loss for McCree for some reason.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Goodness, all these Overbuff images. O.O

There are some key stats that you can use to quantify improvement, but the best way to consciously improve is to rewatch footage of your gameplay. Then you can really analyze what's happening in your moment-to-moment decision making and fights.

Please, Blizzard... implement proper demo support soon...

Zarya is a weird case, as I know how to time her particle barriers, but I never know when to use her main beam or grenade launcher during her ultimate. Her grenades do more damage, right?
M1 does more single target DPS but if you got a bunch of enemies grouped up in your ult, then probably better to M2 spam because of splash.

Just always make sure you have 90ish charge + self-bubble or your team is ready to follow up whenever you Graviton. :X

Jellie

I feel the best option for me is to get players on GAF to practice with me, to see how they can help me improve.

For Lucio, I always try to stay close to my team in the back line behind them, in order to provide the necessary health buffs, but I will speed boost back to the center for protection If I ever get flanked. If my team gets destroyed and I survive, I'll head back to the spawn room to use Speed Boost+Amp It Up to get them back into the fight.

In Zenyatta's case, I have a bad habit of overextending, which leads me to a quick, painful death. I need to space him out more effectively, so that I won't get squashed or singled out by the opposing team.

Zarya is a weird case, as I know how to time her particle barriers, but I never know when to use her main beam or grenade launcher during her ultimate. Her grenades do more damage, right?

I try to play more aggressively with D.Va, but that tends me to go kaboom more times then I care to admit. Ganking and harassing is her bread and butter, but enemy players seem to know how to telegraph what I do beforehand.
What platform do you play on?

Lucio sounds ok but I think Lucio should really be in the middle and not the back to begin with. Towards the back maybe but not right at the back. This allows him to use his auras on more people. If you are in the middle of the action your stats like healing damage and kills will probably increase as long as you are able to survive. Typically stand just behind a reinhardt and spam his gun.
Stick near the back with zenyatta, preferably on higher ground so its harder for them to reach you but you can also send your harmony and discord orbs out easier.
Zarya's grenade does less damage but is better for the ult as they are grouped up unless they have a genji deflecting or a dva defence matrix up. Make sure you have a full ammo clip, high charge, your CD down and teammates around you when you ult, preferably ones which can combo well if possible for maximum efficiency. Lucio speed boosting is also useful here, especially if they have a reinhardt shield up so you can position behind it quickly.
Dva is a bit predictable. Maybe learn new flanking routes or don't constantly repeat the same ones? Try and surprise them?

I solo queued about 1/3 of matches. And then the rest played with gaffers.

Hmm not sure what to make of it. Those stats are pretty high. Video footage analysis is the only way to really tell what you're doing wrong anyway.

LiK

That seems like it's being taken into account too much in that case. Better win rate sure, but you seem better in pretty much every other category...

Unless I'm missing something this makes me trust Overbuff much less.

Yea, esp in QP where I messed around so often that if people judged me by my record there, I will be fully depressed lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay so don't know what latest update did, but I'm getting a sound issue as in no sound whenever I choose a character in Quick Play.

edit: Issue resolved itself.

Blues1990

What platform do you play on?

Lucio sounds ok but I think Lucio should really be in the middle and not the back to begin with. Towards the back maybe but not right at the back. This allows him to use his auras on more people. If you are in the middle of the action your stats like healing damage and kills will probably increase as long as you are able to survive. Typically stand just behind a reinhardt and spam his gun.
Stick near the back with zenyatta, preferably on higher ground so its harder for them to reach you but you can also send your harmony and discord orbs out easier.
Zarya's grenade does less damage but is better for the ult as they are grouped up unless they have a genji deflecting or a dva defence matrix up. Make sure you have a full ammo clip, high charge, your CD down and teammates around you when you ult, preferably ones which can combo well if possible for maximum efficiency. Lucio speed boosting is also useful here, especially if they have a reinhardt shield up so you can position behind it quickly.
Dva is a bit predictable. Maybe learn new flanking routes or don't constantly repeat the same ones? Try and surprise them?

I play the PC version, and spend an equal time practicing in practice range and custom matches to work on body and head shots with Zenyatta, or any of the heroes that get bonuses for aiming at the dome with their pew-pew shooter.

Played some of the TF2 tech test.
Feels so wierd not having in game chatter going on between teamates.

Also tried pressing down on the dpad to try and say Hello lol.

Jellie

I play the PC version, and spend an equal time practicing in practice range and custom matches to work on body and head shots with Zenyatta, or any of the heroes that get bonuses for aiming at the dome with their pew-pew shooter.

Ah PS4 so can't help you there sorry.
While practicing mechanical skills is good don't neglect map knowledge, positioning, communication etc.

Skii

According to Overbuff, I die way too much as Reaper. I know I'm pretty risky but I feel like I have to when I'm playing with braindead degenerates running around as Torbjorn/Bastion on attack.

Guess I'll need to work on it but it would be interesting to see if my deaths decrease or increase at higher ranks in competitive next season.

xaosslug

i don't understand why in OVERTIME peeps don't jump on the point/payload...? Like, maybe, you'll die but if you don't jump on the point/payload you will surely lose, so wtf?!?

it's not brain science!

Santa beard?

or make his nose light up red like Rudolph? Something. It's different for all his other skins, so... yeah. LOL

JHall

After playing with Genji a lot in PTR, he's still deadly in the right hands. I'm okay with all the nerfs except the "triple jump". They should revert that back and I'll be happy.

Also, Hanzo is complete bullshit right now.

On any given night Mariohead has a full group of 6 with 4 or so people trying to rotate in. Most of it is just fucking around in QP. It's great fun, and the winning percentage is still pretty good.

None of us will be mistaken for Seagull anytime soon but all of us play the game quite a bit, and understand all the counters, characters, ults, 'meta' etc.

If everyone swallowed their pride, decided their best role/characters played with a classic 2/2/2 setup. And practiced that way exclusively for just a bit to work on communication, ult timing, etc. what's stopping that group from hitting 70+ or top 500 in S2? I'm guessing nothing.

I'm not sure anyone would actually want to do that. Because it's probably not as fun as what we do now. I just think it's interesting that the more I play, the game just seems so simple.

xaosslug

On any given night Mariohead has a full group of 6 with 4 or so people trying to rotate in. Most of it is just fucking around in QP. It's great fun, and the winning percentage is still pretty good.

None of us will be mistaken for Seagull anytime soon but all of us play the game quite a bit, and understand all the counters, characters, ults, 'meta' etc.

If everyone swallowed their pride, decided their best role/characters played with a classic 2/2/2 setup. And practiced that way exclusively for just a bit to work on communication, ult timing, etc. what's stopping that group from hitting 70+ or top 500 in S2? I'm guessing nothing.

I'm not sure anyone would actually want to do that. Because it's probably not as fun as what we do now. I just think it's interesting that the more I play, the game just seems so simple.

lmk if y'all have an opening! I need a group for S2. Tired of playing w/ peeps on and off or doing solo. T__T

Nah, it was bullshit. He doesn't need even more airtime.
Nah, it wasn't. Genji is about mobility and this hurts it massively and is hard to learn how to do it just right.

Like I've said, bring back triple jump and combo. Leave the dragon blade nerf alone, that's fine, but fix those two nerfs.

AngryMoth

Can't connect on ps4, is psn down right now? Got booted from a game where I was looking forward to watching a quintuple kill as POTG goddamit! Edit: oh I got back in

I'm also always down for fucking around in QP - I prefer it to competitive actually. On occasion I have a good game. :D

I never saw single person complain about that particular ability until they read that he could do it in the patch notes.
Same thing happened when that video popped up showing the deflect hit box. Nobody complained about it before. As soon as the video shows up, everyone calls it bullshit. I don't get it. If it was never noticed or a problem before, how does a video change that?

Nimby

Banned
Meta predictions? All I know is that Genji is as dead as Widow and McCree after their nerfs. I'm really curious to see what happens to support, will all of them bar Symmetra see some good play time?

JHall

Same thing happened when that video popped up showing the deflect hit box. Nobody complained about it before. As soon as the video shows up, everyone calls it bullshit. I don't get it. If it was never noticed or a problem before, how does a video change that?

Because they been enlightened about a minor problem then blow it out of proportion on the Internet. Mostly feeling that they been cheated out of winning and such.

xaosslug

Meta predictions? All I know is that Genji is as dead as Widow and McCree after their nerfs. I'm really curious to see what happens to support, will all of them bar Symmetra see some good play time?

it's funny to me that Blizz needed to buff Mei to up her comp play percentage, yet fuck Symm - in fact, they nerf her out of nowhere on consoles! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom