• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

As I said Surefour cant win alone, its impossible they win anything if AKM can go rampage without noone tossing him after picking Surefour.

Jokab

Seriously every single interview I've seen on stage have been awkward to varying degrees. Since I assume these teams send their most charismatic players, you gotta assume they are all this awkward. Ugh how

H I G H N O O N

What a play. Love watching pro Overwatch.

Seriously every single interview I've seen on stage have been awkward to varying degrees. Since I assume these teams send their most charismatic players, you gotta assume they are all this awkward. Ugh how

A lot of these players should have experience with this stuff, having played CS:GO, etc. But yeah, it always comes off as a bit awkward since everything is so new.

The interviewer who's name escapes me is doing a great job though. Super professional and good at asking relevant questions.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Teens and young adults who aren't media trained are awkward.

Surprise.

Jokab

Teens and young adults who aren't media trained are awkward.

Surprise.

No other esport I've watched have been to this degree. I guess maybe SC2 but that's a singleplayer game so you see everyone talk. At least in overwatch you have six players to choose from so you can put forth your least awkward one.

It feels like the influx of competitive players has completely fucked up the quickplay matchmaking. Literally every single game I've played since coming back has been a one-sided nightmare. Either we roll over with zero opposition, or we stand no chance.

Defuser

Dear players who pick snipers. If you can't aim for shit, don't bother to pick snipers in the first goddamn place you pieces of shit.

Dear players who pick snipers. If you can't aim for shit, don't bother to pick snipers in the first goddamn place you pieces of shit.
Well it's QP, so maybe they're trying to improve their aim? I don't see what's wrong with people who want to improve.

Edit: no the tourney is live. I'm pretty sure all tourneys stay away from PTR.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just a discord nerf. That'll do.

Tviq on Tracer was a hell of thing to watch. He tracks so well that it almost looks unnatural. But there's that tiny shake to his aiming that shows that nerves are at play.

This is pre nerf and he's still used in the majority of matches.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think my goal now is too master at least six characters. Two DPS, Two Tank, One Defense and One Support. The only thing I really need to work though is a second DPS and a second tank. I'm pretty decent with Reaper, Dva, and Lucio and for some reason ridiculously good with Junkrat. I'm probably going to be working on Zarya and Tracer or McCree and Reinhardnt.

Beckx

We got Tviq on Mei destroying people here.

I hope the Mei haters aren't watching, this will hurt them.

And then Kyb, damn

I guess people don't understand his get in get out style or don't like that he needs another hero like Zarya to really shine.

Zarya really takes him up a notch, for sure. So does coordinated play, where it's possible to push to the middle ground to drop a bubble that your team actually advances toward.

These games, though, Zen is mostly kept in check by really high level playing from flankers. Genji, mostly.

The fun part is watching the Genji - Winston showdowns. It's all about who can manage their cooldowns enough to save for a GTFO.

Bollocks

can't wait for competitive to come back, every single game last night had best case hero stacking, worst case 4 of the same heroes. already sick of that bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom