• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

watching this comp and seeing how the pros play a KoTH map... now I see why peeps don't stay on the damn point and try to take the fight to enemy spawn. -___-

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
watching this comp and seeing how the pros play a KoTH map... now I see why peeps don't stay on the damn point and try to take the fight to enemy spawn. -___-

Well, not quite at the spawn, but the roads and buildings leading to the capture point are much better chokepoints to fight in.

Always bring the fights to the chokepoint if you have advantage.

Haha holy shit that blush.

Squatting on points, especially some points that are on low ground or give poor vision, is not good. You don't have to overcommit, but blocking them at a choke is much better than waiting for them to come to you.

Speaking of links for great justice, does one of you lads have a link to a video/VOD of that beastly Symmetra on Dorado that was mentioned in that tournament earlier?

Cappa

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm mobile(or blind) but where do I see how I rank compared to other players on overbuff i dont see it?

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/XxCappaXx

I just started playing overwatch last week so I have no idea how competitive play is but I don't understand how some people would go as far as not playing overwatch just to avoid quick play. There are some hair pulling games for sure but I've generally had a positive experience. I've also noticed that players with higher levels like 60s 70s etc are really bad and aren't really good team players at all. They're usually genji or hanzo that's more than frustrating for me seeing someone with such a high rank compared to me playing the game like it's their first time.

Pilgrimzero

The only thing I'd say is boring about this Twitch finals thing is the same lineups over and over. Attack or Def dent matter.

Nature of the beast though.

Grisby

Last night I was playing with a friend who was Tracer and he killed the opposing team's Reaper and Tracer mockingly said "Death comes" in a deep voice. That is the first we had heard that. I was laughing my ass off.
The other night I was playing and a Widow on my team killed an Ana or Pharah and she said, "Like mother, like daughter."

I was all like, woah Widow. That's some ice cold shit right there.

Pooya

Are those map intros in the client now? The ones on stream showing the checkpoints, time added and going through the map. I'd have liked to see these when I first started playing.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I found it weird how someone would choose widow on a tournament like this. It seems way too risky and useless, unless you are a beast as her.

Jokab

I mean Cloud9 has Surefour - so battle of the aimbots?

Allegedly, at best. I mean if you google sourfour aimbot you get a reddit thread with incredibly loose evidence. The other thread you get in the results even has a former professional fps player (or so he says at least) who doesn't consider what he's seen cheating.

I wish people would stop throwing out hopping on these cheating accusation trains unless it's been proven.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
complexity is the one with the cheaters from csgo and cod right?

Yea, both DPS players (TorkTJO and NicolasTJO). Unfortunate because I like the other guys on the team, Harbleu especially. :|

I mean Cloud9 has Surefour - so battle of the aimbots?

The TJO Bros actually have VAC and ESEA bans on record. Allegations against Surefour are really dubious, since the only "proof" is a few slowed-down seconds of video. Not the same at all.

Is there are a counter to a team of 5 junkrats spamming grenades through windows and around corners?

It's infuriating watching my team walk blindly into the capture point and not knowing where they died from.

Allegedly, at best. I mean if you google sourfour aimbot you get a reddit thread with incredibly loose evidence. The other thread you get in the results even has a former professional fps player (or so he says at least) who doesn't consider what he's seen cheating.

I wish people would stop throwing out hopping on these cheating accusation trains unless it's been proven.

I was mixing him up with another player. It was Taimou I was thinking of. The lucio lock clip is very damning (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgKOO4K9F2E).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom