• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Lol love what Seagull said in his

Hanzo Cyberbully video

"They did this to our Genji boys, then they created this monster in its place. There always must be a shimada brother"
😂😂

Hes a pro player so it makes something that is broken seem worse, but I don't think it'll be too too different in the levels we play with hanzo's running around getting bullshit shots off. Like they cannot let this go through, it will mess up the game. The community was much happier after the hitboxes were changed in the Ana patch.

Rad-

Hes a pro player so it makes something that is broken seem worse, but I don't think it'll be too too different in the levels we play with hanzo's running around getting bullshit shots off. Like they cannot let this go through, it will mess up the game. The community was much happier after the hitboxes were changed in the Ana patch.

Is this Hanzo really broken though? I think it was Seagull that said that he doesn't believe Hanzo will get that high of a pick rate even after this in pro matches. Like it will improve but still nowhere near McCree levels.

Is this Hanzo really broken though? I think it was Seagull that said that he doesn't believe Hanzo will get that high of a pick rate even after this in pro matches. Like it will improve but still nowhere near McCree levels.

Broken, maybe not. And of course not on the same level as McCree post-FTH nerf patch.
But he's insanely powerful now. He will definitely make an impact on high level play, even if it isn't 90+% pick rate.

However, what is worse is that he will make low/mid level play all the more frustrating. There will be a swarm of Hanzo players in Quick Play, many of which will not do the objective and just sit in their corners and blindly spam arrows to get random headshot kills. It already was bad enough before the hitbox change, it even was pretty bad on live right now, but it's only going to get worse.

Is there are a counter to a team of 5 junkrats spamming grenades through windows and around corners?

It's infuriating watching my team walk blindly into the capture point and not knowing where they died from.

Pharah, Zarya, Dva

Junk can't reach Pharah
Zarya will get free charges off Junks grenades + can shield
Dva can approach with DM safely

antitrop

Quick Play feels like an entirely different game from Competitive, in a bad way. Wish it didn't take 3 weeks for the second season to start. :(

I need to scratch the itch, but Quick Play feels like such an absolute waste of time. AFKs, leavers, trolls, no healers, multiples of worthless champs, etc, etc, etc. Meh

Beckx

Assuming when we refer to meta we're referring to the meta defined by tournament pick rates, we aren't going to see a Hanzo meta. My bet is Tracer becomes a standard pick on every map/situation, with Reaper/McCree/Hanzo competing for the other dps slot. But i think that McCree's pick rate on defense specifically drops significantly as he's replaced by Hanzo in that role.

DevilDog

Quick Play feels like an entirely different game from Competitive, in a bad way. Wish it didn't take 3 weeks for the second season to start. :(

I need to scratch the itch, but Quick Play feels like such an absolute waste of time. AFKs, leavers, trolls, no healers, multiples of worthless champs, etc, etc, etc. Meh

PTR is here for you.

R0ckman

Sounds like competetive to me.

Beckx

Finally, finally decided to get a real keyboard and stop struggling with this tiny bluetooth thing. hilariously it's taking my fingers a lot of time to adjust to having normal distances between the movement keys and C/V/T/etc

CqVGU74WgAEWbWg.jpg

Redmoon

Finally, finally decided to get a real keyboard and stop struggling with this tiny bluetooth thing. hilariously it's taking my fingers a lot of time to adjust to having normal distances between the movement keys and C/V/T/etc

CqVGU74WgAEWbWg.jpg

That keyboard looks as thick as a piece of paper. Good idea to swap to a larger one.

R0ckman

This is insane, when you are playing a dps character you are good at you can have your ultimate back in like less than 30 seconds.

AngryMoth

I've actually been having quite a bit of fun in QP. Without the threat of losing rank points it's far less stressful and I don't really give a shit if we have a bad team comp or teammates aren't doing the objective. Just using it as a chance to practise some of my lesser played heroes

Skii

Yeah these next 3 weeks, I need to get better with Lucio, Junkrat, D.Va and Tracer. I'm so bad with Tracer and Lucio in particular. My Lucio controller set up is weird because of the need to map his jumping to L2.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yeah these next 3 weeks, I need to get better with Lucio, Junkrat, D.Va and Tracer. I'm so bad with Tracer and Lucio in particular. My Lucio controller set up is weird because of the need to map his jumping to L2.
Why not L1?

Skii

Why not L1?

I use L2 for Genji and Reaper. I feel comfortable with it now and i like jumping with a trigger. But problem is that I never use the push ability because i always forget. And I get muddled with healing/speed boost because of my set up. I think it's down to lack of practice.

I struggled with Genji's set up initially until I played 7-8 hours with him.

AngryMoth

I slapped jumping on L3 for all characters so I don't have to worry about having it be a different button for different characters. Not ideal though

Oh man, start the day with back to back Zarya wins, get switched to the opposing team, get two more. fellsgoodman.jpg

Been using her off and on for a week and I can definitely notice the improvement.

Skii

I slapped jumping on L3 for all characters so I don't have to worry about having it be a different button for different characters. Not ideal though

Not ideal at all. It's basically impossible to use Genji/Lucio effectively without mapping jump to L1/L2. Plus being able to jump on consoles makes it easier to evade enemy fire significantly imo.

AngryMoth

I call bullshit that you can't spam voice lines more than 5 times on ps4. I wanna be able to say "a-mei-zing" ad-infinum goddamit!

edit: haha well regarding the L3 thing jump needs to be somewhere where you don't need to take your thumbs off the sticks and I like having all my abilities on the shoulder buttons. Works for me I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I won a game as Hanzo my body is ready for buffs.

I remember the good old days when people said Genji was UP and his Ult was too hard to use compared to Q-and-wipe ults other people have.

EHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHE

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I seriously hate Widowmaker in the hands of anyone who is not amazing as her. It is like being permanently down someone.

ohkay

Not ideal at all. It's basically impossible to use Genji/Lucio effectively without mapping jump to L1/L2. Plus being able to jump on consoles makes it easier to evade enemy fire significantly imo.
I mapped jump to l3 and I do pretty well with genji and lucio on ps4

exYle

I've got my try hard SCUF controller with jump on a paddle, thank goodness

I seriously hate Widowmaker in the hands of anyone who is not amazing as her. It is like being permanently down someone.

Yeah, just steamrolled a team on KotH with two Widows. In the game chat afterward:

Teammate: "Your first problem was having 2 Widowmakers"
Me: "And your second problem was having 1 Widowmaker"

I'm starting to feel the same way about Ana, too. Seems like whenever there's one on my team, and especially when they're the sole healer, it's inevitably a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom