• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellite25

Quick Play feels like an entirely different game from Competitive, in a bad way. Wish it didn't take 3 weeks for the second season to start. :(

I need to scratch the itch, but Quick Play feels like such an absolute waste of time. AFKs, leavers, trolls, no healers, multiples of worthless champs, etc, etc, etc. Meh
Completely agree, it's awful. At least it give people a chance to practice with different characters.

Last roll of the dice for Tracer's Sprinter skin. This was the Summer Games skin I wanted the most after D.Va (which I got early on!), hell I even snagged Nihon Genji and that wasn't enough for me. I tried grinding patriotic Tracer from level up boxes, not a sniff. Decided I'd buy a 24 pack, and proceeded to cross fingers and toes.

Got halfway through the pack, and at the exact same time Neymar put away his penalty kick to seal the olympic gold for Brazil in the football...

tracer-yiss42uw0.jpg

Over the moon... and even scored the Union Jack icon. Thank you, RNGesus.

That feeling when a Mei puts an ice wall in front of my Pharah's Ult that would have killed 4 people.
Well maybe this ice wall ult blunder will make you feel better.
In a particularly rough match on the tower control centre our team had been pushed back to the spawn area, their McCree begins to Hiiiiigh nooooon in the doorway and I pop up an icewall that blocks his entire line of sight....
And then break it 3 seconds later because I'm stupid and think it's over only for us to all get shot in the face, it ended up being play of the game so everyone could witness it, dude planted his spray (the "respect me" one to boot) and was teabagging all over it.

I felt such shame.

Owzers

Well, i wanted the Zarya summer games skin, and i'm glad i got it, and then the other version of it. So that's more than i expected, but then I got four more Zaryas to make six total. To anyone who hasn't received a Zarya skin, i am sorry, they are mine now.

Beckx

Please, please, PLEASE Reinhardt players, I'm begging you, do not start engagements by charging away from your team into the enemy. It always ends in tears.

ISOM

Please, please, PLEASE Reinhardt players, I'm begging you, do not start engagements by charging away from your team into the enemy. It always ends in tears.

LOL, I had this happen to me on a loss streak that almost broke me. I was on my probably 5th or 6th loss and was like ok this match is going well. We were on Numbani holding the last tunnel chokepoint when our Reinhardt decides to charge right into the enemy when they had prob a minute left, we get wiped and I wanted to cry almost.

Pilgrimzero

Last roll of the dice for Tracer's Sprinter skin. This was the Summer Games skin I wanted the most after D.Va (which I got early on!), hell I even snagged Nihon Genji and that wasn't enough for me. I tried grinding patriotic Tracer from level up boxes, not a sniff. Decided I'd buy a 24 pack, and proceeded to cross fingers and toes.

Got halfway through the pack, and at the exact same time Neymar put away his penalty kick to seal the olympic gold for Brazil in the football...

tracer-yiss42uw0.jpg

Over the moon... and even scored the Union Jack icon. Thank you, RNGesus.

$60 in and I still dont have that one. Got everything else except Lucio skins

Pilgrimzero

That feeling when a Mei puts an ice wall in front of my Pharah's Ult that would have killed 4 people.

I was Tracer with my Ult bomb ready. I toss at a Roadhog and in the same instant my Mei player puts up a wall in front of me.

Bomb attaches to the wall, explodes, and kills me.

$60 in and I still dont have that one. Got everything else except Lucio skins

I got Zarya and Lucio's skins, neither of which I particularly care for... but I did also get Mercy's Eidgenossin skin which looks fantastic. I paid for about 75 boxes and got nearly everything I wanted (Track and Field Tracer still eludes me, but no more paid boxes!), however I've read of people buying 200+ boxes and getting nothing but duplicate after duplicate.

AngryMoth

Think I got every summer skin except the red Zarya one. Nihon genji was the one I've been desperately hoping for every time I see pink and it dropped the other night. Also got the union jack icon, and all the emotes and highlight intros. And all I bought was a 24 pack!
still kind of hate myself for giving them money cos the micro transaction system in this game is super gross

Think I got every summer skin except the red Zarya one. Nihon genji was the one I've been desperately hoping for every time I see pink and it dropped the other night. Also got the union jack icon, and all the emotes and highlight intros. And all I bought was a 24 pack!
still kind of hate myself for giving them money cos the micro transaction system in this game is super gross

Oh for sure, the dirt's not coming off...but no regrets!

Every time I've rolled Genji out adorned as Nihon, I get swarmed by team mates in the starting area for either a closer look or to repeatedly hit me, in what I assume is a fit of jealousy. I really haven't seen many other players with it at all, is it rarer than the other summer games skins?

So fun being an anti tracer dva. A tracer threw her bomb on me then recalled. Since I knew the direction she came from I just flew that way and got her in her own blast

I'm getting to the point of where when I see a widowmaker on attack on ps4, i just re-queue. So frustrating. I don't think I've ever seen a widowmaker potg on ps4...

Beckx

LOL, I had this happen to me on a loss streak that almost broke me. I was on my probably 5th or 6th loss and was like ok this match is going well. We were on Numbani holding the last tunnel chokepoint when our Reinhardt decides to charge right into the enemy when they had prob a minute left, we get wiped and I wanted to cry almost.

"HAAAA!"....whooosh.....gurk gurgle glurg

i would have cried too.

I have a good one. I was Rein and the other teams Rein charged me so I charged him too, Mei put a wall directly behind me which caused Rein to pin me and I died.

i hope she used the I'm Sorry voice line immediately

AngryMoth

When I was queueing this evening I got put with a group of 5 that were either picking all Meii or all Genji. I feel there is no other option in that situation but the embrace the chaos

ohkay

I'm getting to the point of where when I see a widowmaker on attack on ps4, i just re-queue. So frustrating. I don't think I've ever seen a widowmaker potg on ps4...
I've had some pretty good games with her on ps4, I think my best was 76% of the match on fire, and I think I have a potg saved somewhere. But, I do dread seeing widows on my team

Ramirez

I have a 65% win rate in QP when I go Widow! I think she's actually only viable as attack, way too big of a liability on defense if you die or get harassed.

Anne

Reaper nerf

Reaper doesn't have any animation cancels worth doing, and you can still melee to get out of reload anyways (which isn't worth doing, for real).

The character most nerfed by it is Ana since she can't cancel melee into grenade. You can't cancel CDs into or out of melee anymore is the change.

Edit: to clarify certain things are exceptions to this rule still, but it tends to be non damaging abilities or things that don't affect animations like blink or GA.

dity

Quick Play feels like an entirely different game from Competitive, in a bad way. Wish it didn't take 3 weeks for the second season to start. :(

I need to scratch the itch, but Quick Play feels like such an absolute waste of time. AFKs, leavers, trolls, no healers, multiples of worthless champs, etc, etc, etc. Meh
Oh it does. I am trying to practice characters but it feels so pointless because people don't fulfill their role or are unwilling to coordinate with you. So a lot of character's true potential just goes down the drain in QP.

Reaper doesn't have any animation cancels worth doing, and you can still melee to get out of reload anyways (which isn't worth doing, for real).

The character most nerfed by it is Ana since she can't cancel melee into grenade. You can't cancel CDs into or out of melee anymore is the change.

Edit: to clarify certain things are exceptions to this rule still, but it tends to be non damaging abilities or things that don't affect animations like blink or GA.
Oh I was confused. Thought they meant the reload thing. (And it was a joke anyway)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also rewatching some of the ESL showdowns, and I really appreciate how versatile internethulk is. He can play so many characters so well and he know when to proactively switch to them whereas most of the pro scene just seems to reactively switch characters, or not at all.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What are some good personalities for OW? I like Kripparian for Hearthstone. I can't seem to find someone similar, that teaches you stuff about the game and gives some thoughts and insight, for Overwatch.

RefigeKru

Banned
I like her. She's like one of the few capable of dismantling an enemy defence (especially sym turrets/bastion/solo and has great mobility, her auto fire actually isn't bad with continuous headshots. Her poison is even great for the payload scramble. I mean, there are a lot of shit Widowmakers no doubt but there's also a lot of shit players in general. I imagine that's true for PC and PS4. I know I've played against some great widows on PS4.

The main issue with them is that they never change once it becomes clear they're ineffectual but that goes for all shit ____'s.

exYle

What are some good personalities for OW? I like Kripparian for Hearthstone. I can't seem to find someone similar, that teaches you stuff about the game and gives some thoughts and insight, for Overwatch.

Moonmoon!

EDIT: Oh shit, you said insightful. I got caught on 'good personality.' Yeah, Seagull. Surefour, maybe.

xaosslug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMDhBioWwT4
Muselk has live video with commentary over the new map

i love the vegetation and how bright it is and all the nooks and crannies to discover... So fucking hype!

Man, Widowmakers are such a liability on consoles. You might as well just say 'f it' when there's two on your team.

Widow is great on PS4, y'all trippin'.

this one time on Anubis defence during solo ranked there was a Widow on my team. I had literally resigned to a loss, but somehow we pulled out a win... at the end she had PoTG headshotting mofos at the beginning/entrance like crazy, and a card w/ 40+ eliminations... I never saw her the entire match. Silent killer, indeed! LOL

Ferga

No other esport I've watched have been to this degree. I guess maybe SC2 but that's a singleplayer game so you see everyone talk. At least in overwatch you have six players to choose from so you can put forth your least awkward one.

League of legend interviews were terrible early on but they got progressively better and better. Now most of them look comfortable on stage.

They just need media training.

So, apparently they removed melee animation cancelling for all characters on PTR?

Like, why?

Because Blizzard doesn't want to have animation cancels for damage combos on any character.

Reload cancels are fine, though.

Seagull generally tends to analyze any mistakes he makes while playing out loud, which is pretty good. He also answers questions (though nowadays you pretty much have to send a donation to have it read).

I also like watching his teammate Milo, he too is communicative upon being asked questions, and his stream is both a lot more chill and a lot less meme/twitchface infested in comparison to Seagull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom