• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got Torbjorn's Olympics skin. so now I have them all except for Lucio's alternate which I would never use over the default Olympic skin anyways

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SaltyPhish and Muselk have great videos for humor but not usually much insight. I think Salty is rank 70 or something now though.

I also think he's responsible for all the teabagging that has started happening recently.

Blues1990

Did they release the new patch? My battle.net is downloading something, where the patch notes at?

I had a new file that is basically a buffer for the next upcoming patch. It's probably for the new content that will be released in the upcoming months.

I was called a bad Genji. Felt bad, man.

Then I got PotG with Genji in a later game. Felt good, man.

Genji is definitely the most surprising hero for me. I never expected to like such a precision-based hero (since I have terrible aim) but I've only gotten better with him over time, to the point where I'm actually a nuisance sometimes! (And occasionally deadly, too!) Playing him has lows, but glorious highs as well.
I'm quitting until the shit awful quickplay isn't the only game mode.

Lucccioooballlll~

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah, just steamrolled a team on KotH with two Widows. In the game chat afterward:

Teammate: "Your first problem was having 2 Widowmakers"
Me: "And your second problem was having 1 Widowmaker"

I'm starting to feel the same way about Ana, too. Seems like whenever there's one on my team, and especially when they're the sole healer, it's inevitably a loss.
Ana needs a serious buff... She is basically a non-factor.

Pilgrimzero

Really want an Unranked mode.

Fighting a whole team of DVa was stupid. A team of all 76s. 3 Torbs and a Bastion and a Sym. 2 Rein, 2 Hogs. Etc

Even when you beat them it feels like wasted time due to the unfun factor.

Izayoi

Banned
ana needs zero buffs. she's a high skill level character and most people in solo queue don't play her well. and she attracts the bad sniper crowd.
I've never seen her played well, in QP or Competitive (granted I never went higher than 55).

She works as a backup healer, but alone she's worthless.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and take a break.

Stacking is stupid fucking goddamn shit spewing from anus horseshit. And while I appreciate the more casual "pick whatever you want" atmosphere, that comes with a good dosage of "Why would you do that? Why would you EVER do that?" players.

Plus, new Deus ex. Should be fun.

Apathy

there game needs to just print in giant obnoxious size letters across the screen "the point is being take" for people. How can some people be this dumb?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've never seen her played well, in QP or Competitive (granted I never went higher than 55).

She works as a backup healer, but alone she's worthless.

No one should actually solo healer, to be clear.

Solo heal is OK on lower levels but double heals is airways the most optimal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With the exception of Genji and Widowmaker, I like every defense hero more than every offense hero. From personalities to kits.

I mean I still play the offense heroes because I want to win. But it's against my will.

It's next to impossible to get double healer in qp unless you're in a group.

If you have a Lucio and you pick Zen 8/10 times the Lucio will switch over to a DPS Hero.

Same thing applies to Tanks too though to a lesser degree.

Izayoi

Banned
Not all of us :p
What's considered "lower levels"? Below 60 MMR?

It's next to impossible to get double healer in qp unless you're in a group.

If you have a Lucio and you pick Zen 8/10 times the Lucio will switch over to a DPS Hero.

Same thing applies to Tanks too though to a lesser degree.
Pretty much... You get Lucio or Zen, never both. I would love to play other heroes, but sometimes that means we go without a healer.

I get that Blizzard wants people to choose whoever they want, but my god is an exercise in absolute frustration sometimes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Welcome to Quick Play, where if I don't heal, no one heals!

I'll heal
biotic-field.gif

I just had a QP match where the entire enemy team was Lucio...

Uh ok. Free stat farming, I guess.

That's the other thing I hate about qp. I get it, its the mode where you have free reign over everything but some of us are trying to use it as a means to practice for Comp.

You know team comps, ult timings, positioning etc. Blizzard really should implement some other form of play so all the people who could not care less about that stuff could go flood that instead.

Not all of us :p

Sure but how would we know? It's not like the discord is all that useful for getting groups together and the few "high level" players that are there are so exclusive about who they play with there's literally no point in even asking.

Defuser

People don't know how to utilise Mei's Ice Wall properly,they are too quick too spam the wall blind the moment they took damage screwing over their teammates.

When to use Mei's Ice wall:
-Block off enemies barrage attacks at choke points so your teammates can filter to left and right flanks

-Block off ults such as D.va, Pharah, McCree

-Seperate enemy team to pick them off easier

-Block off KOTH choke points to allow your team to cap the point.

-Only if you are the only one left against a team. If there is a team with you, just take the death instead of walling off your teammates chance to wipe the team with their ult.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so many people are going to come crying to genji once this patch goes live. hanzo is going to make genji pre-nerf look like a non-threat in comparison if this shit goes live.

you mad because Genji killed you during an ult? Hanzo don't even need the ult.

Izayoi

Banned
I'll heal
https://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/images/soldier76/biotic-field.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
;_;

[quote="MarioHead3, post: 214415640"]You're not good enough until you hit rank 80.

So, probably no one here.[/QUOTE]
You have to be top 500 to be considered good? Ouch...

Edit: GBR TRACER FUCKING FINALLY

I have all the skins, now. My life is complete.

so many people are going to come crying to genji once this patch goes live. hanzo is going to make genji pre-nerf look like a non-threat in comparison if this shit goes live.

you mad because Genji killed you during an ult? Hanzo don't even need the ult.

I feel the exact same way. People (Reddit) complain about Genji wiping fools with his ult. Now they'll have to deal with Hanzo straight up murking people around corners, half across the map, point blank etc. etc.

Hell they've even started complaining about Zarya of all people.

Anne

Sure but how would we know? It's not like the discord is all that useful for getting groups together and the few "high level" players that are there are so inclusive about who they play with there's literally no point in even asking.

We've got some groups going with the discord :<

I'm inone right now, I'll invite to our groups or customs regardless of SR. If we wanna do comp, that is a diff story though.

People don't know how to utilise Mei's Ice Wall properly,they are too quick too spam the wall blind the moment they took damage screwing over their teammates.

-Block off enemies barrage attacks at choke points so your teammates can filter to left and right flanks

-Only if you are the only one left against a team. If there is a team with you, just take the death instead of walling off your teammates chance to wipe the team with their ult.

Erm...I think you forgot the most important one.

-Block off team mates at spawn

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think he meant that literally. Just that the enemy team wasn't trying, so he'd just fuck around and most likely inflate his stats a bit.

Yea, it definitely wasn't on purpose... just the opposite team decided it'd be "fun" to play all Lucio for the duration of an entire Payload map. O.O I'm reminded of TF2 where people could have some crazy stats because of all the custom game modes and dicking around.

Wonder if Blizzard will allow resetting stats in a similar fashion, at least for QP.

That's the other thing I hate about qp. I get it, its the mode where you have free reign over everything but some of us are trying to use it as a means to practice for Comp.

You know team comps, ult timings, positioning etc. Blizzard really should implement some other form of play so all the people who could not care less about that stuff could go flood that instead.

Yep. I'm reminded why I rarely solo queue QP because of experiences like this, lol. If I was with a group, maybe I could've laughed about it but I was practically falling asleep the entire time.

We've got some groups going with the discord :<

I'm inone right now, I'll invite to our groups or customs regardless of SR. If we wanna do comp, that is a diff story though.

Won't matter with the new ranked system anyway.

Erm...I think you forgot the most important one.

-Block off team mates at spawn

I only do this if I'm with a full group of friends.

They do the same to me too, so it's all good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bastion is featured on the ESL ad on the launcher

Funny, because if you just watched that stream you wouldn't even know Bastion was in the game.

KarmaCow

I'm still getting used to quickly placing walls to isolate people or block ults but I often fuck up, over or under shooting the placement. It's why I can't get too annoyed by Mei's walling where it actually ends up hurting the team because you can usually guess what they meant to do unless they're straight up griefing.

The most important thing is that hitting E again will bring the wall down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom