• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what they changed but the ratings on PTR were much more in line with my skill level this time around. Season 1 I placed 58. Season 2 PTR round 1 I placed 2248 lol? PTR round 2 I placed 3022 (playing Zenyatta both times).

Blizzard pls.

Only Lucio's yellow jersey missing now from my legendary Summer collection. I would like Genji's skin too before the end. But otherwise, it's been a great haul.

Welcome to the Sprinter life. Feels good.

traceeeednu24.jpg

I don't know what they changed but the ratings on PTR were much more in line with my skill level this time around. Season 1 I placed 58. Season 2 PTR round 1 I placed 2248 lol? PTR round 2 I placed 3022 (playing Zenyatta both times).

Blizzard pls.
What are you trying to say?

S1 58 was wrong?
2248 (less than 50) is so bad that it's funny?
3022 (pretty similar to 58) is right?

PTR is much better this time? But then we have 'Blizzard pls' so it's not right? Wtf is happening? Its 4am I was about to go to sleep. But now I'll be lying awake wondering what this post is trying to say.

ksan

Only Lucio's yellow jersey missing now from my legendary Summer collection. I would like Genji's skin too before the end. But otherwise, it's been a great haul.

Don't show me that skin pls...

I've gotten 6x tracer track and field (no im not joking) =( which is way worse than sprinter

TrueBlue

...is there ANY way to disable chat on Twitch mobile? I'm losing brain cells fast.

Particularly now we have one of the hosts dressed as Tracer.

What are you trying to say?

S1 58 was wrong?
2248 (less than 50) is so bad that it's funny?
3022 (pretty similar to 58) is right?

PTR is much better this time? But then we have 'Blizzard pls' so it's not right? Wtf is happening? Its 4am I was about to go to sleep. But now I'll be lying awake wondering what this post is trying to say.

Yeah I'm saying PTR season 2 round 1 (the 2248) was wonky as fuck. Nice to see it fixed. Or seemingly fixed. I played almost identically so it was sort of a shock, like, why am I being rated so low.

Rize_21

Hey, I was looking at that Blizzard "broken" screens gamescom's pic tonight at work and for fun traced over it back home, might be all wrong, but it was funny to do, here goes nothing.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Tracer is my favorite character to use. It's so much fun watching pros play her.

I used to dislike him as well but I came around.

Same here, he doesn't leave a good first impression apparently. I watch him every other day now lol

He's way too indulgent in the meme/twitchchat bullshit. Like, Seagull does it too, but at least he switches between that and insightful commentary, Moonmoon is just constantly spewing meme crap, and I absolutely cannot stand it.

I have a few OW players followed though - Seagull, his teammate Milo, Lassiz (whom I've followed since his day as Smite player) and Navi/Proudfurry. Those are all cool, although Lassiz tends to be a bit loud.

Anne

gotta say its absolutely unforgivable to have a capture point map as the first one in a real tournament

The teams playing go through a map ban process to pick the maps. It's not uncommon for the weaker team to try and force in a 2CP map this way in hopes of surprising and cheesing out a better team.

At least that's how it is normally. Idk how the opening maps are selected here because they haven't shown the process, but 2CP(outside of Volskaya) being in there isn't something out of the ordinary.

ksan

damn what a map
The teams playing go through a map ban process to pick the maps. It's not uncommon for the weaker team to try and force in a 2CP map this way in hopes of surprising and cheesing out a better team.

At least that's how it is normally. Idk how the opening maps are selected here because they haven't shown the process, but 2CP(outside of Volskaya) being in there isn't something out of the ordinary.
yeah, youre right
my opinion is just that they shouldnt be in the map pool at all

Anne

Wait I though Misfits was the top EU team?

What is happening?

The top spot in EU is highly contested right now, but Reunited is probably the most called #1 team. Misfits is also up there, but they fucked up and went out to Fnatic.

In my Red Bull piece I called out Rogue as a possible wildcard to fuck up the bracket. Tviq and aKm are some pretty okay DPS players.

yeah, youre right
my opinion is just that they shouldnt be in the map pool at all

Yeah you right. Time bank is better but still.

The top spot in EU is highly contested right now, but Reunited is probably the most called #1 team. Misfits is also up there, but they fucked up and went out to Fnatic.

In my Red Bull piece I called out Rogue as a possible wildcard to fuck up the bracket. Tviq and aKm are some pretty okay DPS players.

Yeah you right. Time bank is better but still.
Your the one to ask:

What is the Esports future for this game? Is it total niche and won't ever hold a candle to Dota and LoL? OR Is it totally surprising you how much it had grown already considering how new the game is, and who knows how far it can go?

Where will we be in 5 years?

Or do you have no fucking clue?

ksan

oh really? nice map pick, seriously fuck rogue (not really, i would go for the rng maps if i was them as well...)

Anne

Your the one to ask:

What is the Esports future for this game? Is it total niche and won't ever hold a candle to Dota and LoL? OR Is it totally surprising you how much it had grown already considering how new the game is, and who knows how far it can go?

Where will we be in 5 years?

Or do you have no fucking clue?

Well, it's an FPS not named Counter-Strike, but it already has international countries diving into it a bit which is a new thing. It's owned by Blizzard, which means you at least get a couple years out of it by pure publisher money going into it. Major orgs are into it already too, so that's promising.

I can't say anything for sure but based on Blizzard and current interest it definitely has more going on than a lot of other games. Big 3 territory though? Won't know anything like that for several years.

The commentators can't seem to decide whether he's rein-force or re-inforce.

This is really funny because he has been correcting people as re-in-force all over the place and people just started calling him Rein-force on purpose to mess with him.

peakish

oh really? nice map pick, seriously fuck rogue (not really, i would go for the rng maps if i was them as well...)
It's obvious that they have trained more on these maps which hedges odds towards them. Why would you not play to your strengths?

Seems like 2CP is an EU strength?
Seemed like Reunited was pretty comfortable on it too at least.

E: Casters are already shouting like it's over, that's a bit too much. (Actually Jason is a bit more chill.)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why don't talespin go mei for hanamura? He did for king's row and numbani and mei obviously works on hanamura, especially when you need to buy time.

Anne

Why don't talespin go mei for hanamura? He did for king's row and numbani and mei obviously works on hanamura, especially when you need to buy time.

Envy stopped running the Mei strat in favor of things like Junkrat on KR. They def don't have that strat practiced on Hanamura, it looks like they generally don't gave strong strats for 2CP while the EU teams all have more specialized comps.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Envy stopped running the Mei strat in favor of things like Junkrat on KR. They def don't have that strat practiced on Hanamura, it looks like they generally don't gave strong strats for 2CP while the EU teams all have more specialized comps.

Which just goes to show.

Mei is bae.

peakish

as prev implied, no one likes capture point :d
Idk, I've been enjoying them (and so have others). They've brought out some really good, close games in this tournament. Could be gimmick value but it's refreshing to see something other than Hollywood, Lijiang, King's Row and maybe Dorado in every match. I've been complaining about pro OW having been very stale and it's been both the boring meta and the regular map selection.

E: Man, no one is dealing with Taimou right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom