• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

daaaaaaamn what a gaaaaaaaaaaame
Idk, I've been enjoying them (and so have others). They've brought out some really good, close games in this tournament. Could be gimmick value but it's refreshing to see something other than Hollywood, Lijiang, King's Row and maybe Dorado in every match. I've been complaining about pro OW having been very stale and it's been both the boring meta and the regular map selection.

i see what youre saying, but its like playing cobble in 1.6, its a lot more about who's lucky than in payload/koth maps

Anne

Probably watching the best competitive Overwatch match to have happened so far. What a great match regardless of outcome.

peakish

i see what youre saying, but its like playing cobble in 1.6, its a lot more about who's lucky than in payload/koth maps
They're more volatile for sure. Evened out a bit by the time bank system but still moreso than other modes.

Thing is that so many things are volatile. Symmetra can either flunk a first point defense or become a crucial part of it. As can a Bastion attack on KOTH or the three tank comps on attack that a couple of teams were previously trying. In the end it's just teams trying out stuff they think edge odds in their favour but might fail spectacularly, and if that brings some variety I think it's great for the game.

That said I wouldn't want too much volatility. But Rogue seemed well prepared for the 2CP maps, it didn't feel to me like they just rolled the dice.

ksan

bo5 koth is pretty damn exciting, even more so how some of the maps suit some teams better than others
That said I wouldn't want too much volatility. But Rogue seemed well prepared for the 2CP maps, it didn't feel to me like they just rolled the dice.
yeah, so true, they actually looked way better than any other team ive seen on cp, im pretty sure envyus hasnt pracced cp, gonna ask later

Anne

Probably a good time to mention Rogue has a rep for sticking to their more specialized or comfort teams for far too long even if they don't pay off.

ksan

fuck asdkhfaskjldfjkhasdlökfalsjködvöjklasfjnvoajndikfgikjopåadfkjoa-d

well............ im cheering for vallutaja and reunited now...

Zemm

Envy on LAN
1x

peakish

Damn. Took down the raid boss.

Either of these teams would have been fine to win although I kind of wanted EnvyUS to win a tournament on LAN.

ksan

grats on being good on shit maps =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

thanks blizz

Anne

Also everybody who told me you wouldn't see Mei get successfully picked at this stage in a tournament can hold that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Rogue is my favorite team now.

GO EU

Hope they can bring it home.

I still can't believe they ended Envy's winstreak.

peakish

Something that favoured Rogue a bit is home advantage. Less travel time, less time lost to playing weird hours. Then coming in as the underdog instead of the pressure of being the "unbeatable" team.

Not to take anything from Rogue, they had their strategies which worked out well and pulled off great fights even on regular maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom