• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
screenshot_16-08-21_11ukdx.jpg

is anyone else getting anything like this? patches of the floor turn black when you're standing/looking in certain directions. it's only certain textures and only when you're standing in the right spots, which makes me think it's probably not some fatal hardware issue? it seems to be affecting decal textures (the small black squares are bullet holes when they're displaying correctly).

only happened in the last couple of days, so post-patch/after installing new drivers.

[edit] and i've only noticed anything in OW

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gotta say Soe does a fantastic job, she is normally native german speaking but her english is very good.

ksan

is anyone else getting anything like this? patches of the floor turn black when you're standing/looking in certain directions. it's only certain textures and only when you're standing in the right spots, which makes me think it's probably not some fatal hardware issue? it seems to be affecting decal textures (the small black squares are bullet holes when they're displaying correctly).

only happened in the last couple of days, so post-patch/after installing new drivers.

hmm, either gfx dying or bad drivers for ur card, if it starts appearing in other games its probably gfx dying

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

See if you could cook eggs on your GPU.

komaruR

I got the same thing as tracer at the attacker start room of numbani. I didnt think too much of it since u have to go to a specific spot and look at it. Mine was near the center wall and looking down to reproduce that black floor/no texture floor.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Did you try reinstalling the drivers and the game?
Trying reinstalling drivers but I dunno how to get rid of it all is there some extra program to download to do a clean sweep
I got the same thing as tracer at the attacker start room of numbani. I didnt think too much of it since u have to go to a specific spot and look at it. Mine was near the center wall and looking down to reproduce that black floor/no texture floor.
Reassuring thanks! What GFX card do you have

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I've been popping off as hanzo in ptr. Hitboxes are kinda whatever, but that speed while drawing and projectile speed is clutch.

peakish

Guess Anubis was Reunited's map pick? Almost didn't work out for them, hah.

E: Wow, they have custom POTGs! Decent production values I have to say.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Twitch can't keep up with a Tracer stream.

peakish

So Reunited's Dorado defense strategy is to stall at the enemy spawn for twenty seconds and then have time to regroup on the market before the payload pushes there? Seems dangerous.

I missed playing ranked season 1, was the payload gametype included? Just asking because I'm getting ready for season 2 and payload is my best game mode with Lucio.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, what a tourney this has been. Hoping this first international showdown will be the start of a back and forth between the scenes and motivate NA... they especially need to deepen their map pools. Casters kept talking about how the NA teams have had more exposure to diverse strats and hero picks, but the differences in game modes are way more dramatic than between swapping out a hero here and there.

Anyways, rooting for Rogue in the grand finals. Always been a big fan of TviQ and Knoxxx and the brothers (Winz and aKm) have been so impressive throughout this event.

LANs really are the fuckin' best. :D

Beckx

AKM has been outplayed this round but somehow they've kept Reunited from finishing.

Jesus Reinforce, this isn't your tournament.

And yet they stop them.

I was playing with a group of friends last night and it occurred to me that I'm very glad that I don't mind losing in Overwatch. I only play Quick Play, granted, because fuck Ranked and the toxicity that comes with it, but I always just try and have fun with who I'm playing regardless of what the rest of my team is doing. If they're good and we work together and win, great. If they're shit and only interested in chasing kills and beg for healing from across the map, whatever. But I will sit on the payload and try my hardest anyway because I think the base gameplay is so fun that I really don't mind winning or losing.

My friend was getting really grumpy that we kept losing because of the extras on our team who would pick attack Hanzo or Widow or both at the same time etc and she was just becoming really snappy and overly serious and it really killed my vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom