• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a match where my Zayra ult just did not work got it 3 times and nothing happened.

Was there a D.Va on the opposing team? Had that happen a couple of times until I realized that the enemy D.Va's defense matrix was eating it. Had to learn to always aim away from her or wait until she's out of her mech before using it.

I was playing with a group of friends last night and it occurred to me that I'm very glad that I don't mind losing in Overwatch. I only play Quick Play, granted, because fuck Ranked and the toxicity that comes with it, but I always just try and have fun with who I'm playing regardless of what the rest of my team is doing. If they're good and we work together and win, great. If they're shit and only interested in chasing kills and beg for healing from across the map, whatever. But I will sit on the payload and try my hardest anyway because I think the base gameplay is so fun that I really don't mind winning or losing.

My friend was getting really grumpy that we kept losing because of the extras on our team who would pick attack Hanzo or Widow or both at the same time etc and she was just becoming really snappy and overly serious and it really killed my vibe.

Yup, same here, and probably why I don't mind playing solo QP all the time. While I still will get annoyed at teammates making bad picks or just generally being garbage sometimes, I usually keep it to myself rather than grouse about it in the chat, and remind myself that it's just a game. And my win rate in solo QP is holding at a steady 52-55%, so even if I have a bad match, I usually have a good one just around the corner.

Yup, same here, and probably why I don't mind playing solo QP all the time. While I still will get annoyed at teammates making bad picks or just generally being garbage sometimes, I usually keep it to myself rather than grouse about it in the chat, and remind myself that it's just a game. And my win rate in solo QP is holding at a steady 52-55%, so even if I have a bad match, I usually have a good one just around the corner.
Yeah, just having this sort of positive outlook keeps Overwatch a really happy place for me (especially when I turn off chat LOL)

I'm glad someone else feels the same :)

R0ckman

Was there a D.Va on the opposing team? Had that happen a couple of times until I realized that the enemy D.Va's defense matrix was eating it. Had to learn to always aim away from her or wait until she's out of her mech before using it.

Yeah but I wasnt shooting it at her, I shot in places I knew I could catch a group.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
baduiqllnd.png

at a glance: who is pushing?

the bar is going from left to right, which suggests that the left hand team is pushing, but the colour is red, which suggests the right hand team is pushing. in fact the left hand team is pushing.

when the teams swap, so far as I can tell, the positions at the top of the screen and the colours stay the same, but the bar changes colour, to blue. so then the right hand red team is pushing, while the bar goes from left to right, in blue.

this is ridiculously confusing. the bar should match the colour of the team that's pushing, and the team display at the top should swap sides to reinforce that fact. you should be able to tell at a glance what the state of the game is.

Buffed Mercy on PTR is actually fun to play. I feel like I can actually keep up with the action now.

If there's one thing I've learned while playing as Mercy, it's that I need to do a better job watching LOS with my friendly Mercy so she has escape routes. The number of times I've turned to get back to my team, but they're all hiding behind barrels or whatever else and I can't move is waay too high.

KiraFA37

baduiqllnd.png

at a glance: who is pushing?

the bar is going from left to right, which suggests that the left hand team is pushing, but the colour is red, which suggests the right hand team is pushing. in fact the left hand team is pushing.

when the teams swap, so far as I can tell, the positions at the top of the screen and the colours stay the same, but the bar changes colour, to blue. so then the right hand red team is pushing, while the bar goes from left to right, in blue.

this is ridiculously confusing. the bar should match the colour of the team that's pushing, and the team display at the top should swap sides to reinforce that fact. you should be able to tell at a glance what the state of the game is.

Team colors stay the same all the time but it isn't visible at a glance at all who is attacking or defending. I too wish the push bar at the top would show which color is actually pushing.

Beckx

Yeah the Mercy buff really is huge. I've been practicing my Mercy again, especially trying to learn when to shoit bad guys instead. People get really, really mad when you kill them as Mercy.

Beckx

Unfixed with beautiful shield timing

"Reinforce is the weak link on the team" harsh but true this weekend. Did not expect that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Deman and Mitch are the best casters.

So much energy, makes it that much more hype.

Crosseyes

Banned
Ugh when back when they need widowmakers body shot damage she's just too weak. If anything they need to bring back the old damage as especially on console she's useless. I can't kill a zenyatta before his shield starts coming back and kills me from range when corner peeking.

For way too long have they been balancing this game around what the sweaty try hard complain about instead of the 90% of players in quick play. Let the elitist assholes whine but don't ruin the game for the majority based on their whims.

Ugh when back when they need widowmakers body shot damage she's just too weak. If anything they need to bring back the old damage as especially on console she's useless. I can't kill a zenyatta before his shield starts coming back and kills me from range when corner peeking.
They're looking at making her scope more fluid again, which will be huge. I think her damage is fine.

Why do the pros Reaper teleport screen look different from normal?
Using Plague Doctor/Nevermore skin?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats to Rogue! France/Sweden come out on top. :D

Gotta say though, King's Row was a headscratcher of a choice for Reunited. Why not KOTH where they seem so strong?

Reinforce's consistent awkward earthshatters couldn't stop them from taking it. Even at the finish line he flubbed another one lol.

Tviq and AKM were crazy consistent along with the supports. Winz really brought it as well. To think if Reinforce could calm down a bit how much more dominant they'd be.

I don't know much about the teams but was this an Underdog victory?

They lost to the team they just won over earlier and had to beat a previously undefeated team to make it to the finals.

For way too long have they been balancing this game around what the sweaty try hard complain about instead of the 90% of players in quick play. Let the elitist assholes whine but don't ruin the game for the majority based on their whims.

Yeah no. Balancing the game for quick play seems like a bad idea. Balancing it for comp is the likely way to go, especially if there's going to be any e-sports money involved.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Quick play teams are unplayable right now. I spent the majority of my time as Reaper killing the Symmetra teleporter and still had 3 gold medals menawhile a Reinhardt, 76, Roadhog, Mercy and Junkrat team couldn't make it past the gate in Volskaya.
Yeah no. Balancing the game for quick play seems like a bad idea. Balancing it for comp is the likely way to go, especially if there's going to be any e-sports money involved.

Appealing to the competitive scene entirely is what killed Everquest even before WoW. If there's no e-sports money involved, they've just run off everyone but a diehard community who would have played regardless like SFV.

peakish

Reinforce's consistent awkward earthshatters couldn't stop them from taking it. Even at the finish line he flubbed another one lol.

Tviq and AKM were crazy consistent along with the supports. Winz really brought it as well. To think if Reinforce could calm down a bit how much more dominant they'd be.
Yeah it was pretty funny to see yet another shatter go straight into the shield at the end, lol. I think he's pretty new as a pro gamer so probably with some experience he will get more consistent. Winz never budged in the final maps, luckily.

Not as great as the series against Envy (or the match between the two teams yesterday), but good enough.

Defuser

Man I was on the edge of my seat rooting for Rogue especially Tviq. Ever since I saw their match against Luminosity months ago, they caught my eye, Tviq and Akm are fucking beasts. Reinforce needs to brush up since he is a weak link and nearly cost them a win, 3 fucking earthshatters through the shield wut.

Had a stalker Tracer harassing my mercy for two straight rounds on Ilios.
I had to switch to Zenyatta for round 3 and went from an embarrassing 13 Mercy deaths to no deaths since I could just kill her myself seeing that no one was doing anything to try and help me.
And a troll Mei teammate next, oh quick play, I haven't missed you.

/mini vent

MrPanic

Do we know what time exactly the summer game event stops? Wanna farm some more lootboxes before it ends.

Finally got a second legendary skin from this event btw, it was a duplicate of the first one I got...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What time does the first win of the day bonus start? I'm going to assume the Olympic event ends then...
Do we know what time exactly the summer game event stops? Wanna farm some more lootboxes before it ends.

Finally got a second legendary skin from this event btw, it was a duplicate of the first one I got...
Ends on the 23rd PDT according to PSN.
t1471935600z4.png

gxRsDSC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom