• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost 60 summer loot boxes in and I haven't gotten anything I want. Mercy skin, McCree skin, or Genji skin.

Fuck this event to high hell.

xaosslug

I'm almost 60 summer loot boxes in and I haven't gotten anything I want. Mercy skin, McCree skin, or Genji skin.

Fuck this event to high hell.

i've opened over 100 (w/o spending a cent, mind uuuuu) and am still missing Lucio's alternate color kit, Torb + Mercy's flag color sheme, and Junkrat's highlight intro. T__T

EDIT: and still no D.Va spray.

I got the Lucio and Junkrat highlight intros, which are sweet, and the Lucio futbol skin, which would be better if I didn't already have Ribbit (his best skin).

The one thing I really wanted was American McCree, but I don't play McCree so it's no real big loss there.

EDIT: Oh, and I got the one spray I actually wanted: the Roadhog diving spray.

Defuser

Hopefully we can let S1 comp meta rip after that event.

Zarya, Lucio(still good despite nerfs),Reaper,Tracer and Reinhardt are forever a staple as long as Blizzard doesn't touch them. Hanzo may replace McCree and Genji is off the meta if the PTR change made it through but other than that S2 will still be the same as S1.

Jayhawk

baduiqllnd.png

at a glance: who is pushing?

the bar is going from left to right, which suggests that the left hand team is pushing, but the colour is red, which suggests the right hand team is pushing. in fact the left hand team is pushing.

when the teams swap, so far as I can tell, the positions at the top of the screen and the colours stay the same, but the bar changes colour, to blue. so then the right hand red team is pushing, while the bar goes from left to right, in blue.

this is ridiculously confusing. the bar should match the colour of the team that's pushing, and the team display at the top should swap sides to reinforce that fact. you should be able to tell at a glance what the state of the game is.

Late to respond since I was asleep and now catching up on the semifinals and finals via VODs...

If you look at the checkpoint numbers, the team with the 1 (blue) is pushing. The red team already pushed all the way to the end, as indicated by the 3. The easiest way to tell who is attacking or pushing the payload cannot be captured by a screenshot. Whichever team's timer is ticking down on the display is the one attacking.

xaosslug

i've basically given in and began learning Mei in case the buff makes it to consoles, won 3 games in a row w/ her so far... LOL

R0ckman

Yeah i think a lot of losses come from players afraid of making absolutely any kind of sacrifice and everyone playing chicken on a team.

Against my better judgement I bought another pack of 11 boxes. Dupe ugly Tracer skin no.3 and a bunch of currency smh

edit: first loot box after those 11 I get the Mercy skin. I want my money back

R0ckman

Why was I under the impression it finished on the 28th???

Shit on it!!!!!!!

Just let me fucking purchase that fucking D.Va skin with all that fucking currency you've fucking given me because of fucking duplicates!

You know its a cash grab because the amount of time to try and get skins was so damn short. It wasnt even a full month.

How the hell does the player quality drop by a million times after getting past 100 on QP.

I had better teammates and matches before I prestiged up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It would be great if the game's meta ever stopped being two tanks two supports.

but that will probably be the meta forever

Anecdotally I started matching up with almost only people with stars once I prestiged.

Feels like something changed

Thats pretty much what happened to me. Haven't seen anyone lower than 70 since I prestiged up. And the ones who weren't prestiged up were in a group. Everyone had at least 1 star.

Pilgrimzero

You and me both. I just want Tracer to be the only one I can 100% and I won't be able to do that

Everyone else except for Symmetry I can do

I broke and bought another $40 in crates. Only Summer thing I got that I didn't already have was the Sym emote. Which I wanted that but only looks good when combined with her more classic style outfits and not her legendary outfits.

Olengie

Looking forward to the next event with moar skins. Spent $10 and I got some pretty good stuff.

Don't mind spending another $10 at the next event.

Owzers

I'm having trouble launching dvas ult and end up putting it on the ground and getting zero kills sometime. How do you get it to explode in the air without sending it so high that it gets out of range?

Cappa

Banned
I don't know if I'm good at this game or not.... I seem to be matched in QP with people with much higher levels and/or prestiged already compared to me. I'm only level 26, and started playing last week. So I don't know if I'm being matched because my "skill level" is at where they're at, or it's just completely random? (The opposing team doesn't have a player near my rank either alot of times)

Ive teamed up with a couple of people,but wasn't able to try comp before S1 ended. Any of you pros in here can tell me how much I suck with my overbuff stats? (I play on the inferior PS4)

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/XxCappaXx

don't know if stats say much. My favs to use in order are Lucio,Tracer,DVA and Mei. I want to learn how to be good at Zarya and Mercy, right now I'm pretty crap with them.

After playing a shitload of Lucioball these past 2 weeks, I might try Rocket League. lol

I was a Rocket League addict for a good while and Lucioball felt so janky to me in comparison, so much less control over the ball.

Playing RL will be a revelation to you if you're enjoying Lucioball.

R0ckman

Does goofing around shooting stuff that arent players effect your accuracy?

My McCree accuracy seems to be between 40-60 consistently, its become so good that I dont even bother with fan the hammer anymore unless I get a 100% sure set up for it. Even then I prefer headshot bodyshot. Because I just have to hit them once after the headshot rather than get a random amount of damage from fan.

exYle

I'm having trouble launching dvas ult and end up putting it on the ground and getting zero kills sometime. How do you get it to explode in the air without sending it so high that it gets out of range?

45 degree angles man! Or if you're launching from higher up, activate your ult later in your boost, the mech drops down drastically once the boost is over.

But don't expect a lot of self-destruct kills frequently. I think I've averaged 1.5 per game (mostly from a high amount of SD kills in a handful of games, and 0 from the majority of them), and that's on the higher end of averages.

Blizzard

Banned
Has Blizzard said anything more about Roadhog hook? In the last 2 days I may have seen the Genji sideways pull slide and the Tracer non-centered / non-kill pull. The Lucio pull behind you might also still be there, plus some people who end up like 5 feet in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom