• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borden

Neo Member
I've been out of the loop for awhile. Just hopped on and there's Olympic skins, Lucioball and no competitive mode? What happened and what else did I miss?

Feels like I've been gone for years. I don't even recognize this.

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Just hopped on and there's Olympic skins, Lucioball and no competitive mode? What happened and what else did I miss?

Feels like I've been gone for years. I don't even recognize this.

Olympic skins will expire tomorrow, Lucioball will probably end on Tuesday, and competitive ended during the last week, but will start up again in early September.
You basically came back at the end of the summer content wave, and before the autumn content wave (new map, new season) comes out.

XpopcornX

Banned
What the hell is wrong with my copy of overwatch on ps4? I just keep getting login error BC-101. I went through everything I could think of to fix it and nothing worked. From the looks of it too i'm the only person experiencing the issue at the moment..

Borden

Neo Member
Olympic skins will expire tomorrow, Lucioball will probably end on Tuesday, and competitive ended during the last week, but will start up again in early September.
You basically came back at the end of the summer content wave, and before the autumn content wave (new map, new season) comes out.
Awesome, thanks for the bringing me up to speed. I have more questions but I will try to find the answers before clogging up the thread.

mollipen

Sorry if I've missed this, but for those playing on PTR, what are opinions on Mercy's healing buff? With her damage buff never making it out of testing, how it is looking for her healing buff actually being implemented?

I'm not sure I understand the logic here. A reload is an animation as well. Plus if they wanted the reload to be shorter wouldn't they have just down so?

Basically, they don't want reloading to prohibit using Quick Melee, and they also do not want any abusable damage-dealing animation cancel combos.

Any nerfs or buffs since all this summer stuff came out?

Well, there's a big heap of changes on PTR right now, but currently on live are:
Hitboxes for projectiles have been reduced in size (PTR currently has them reverted to old size though)
Zenyatta got a massive buff (more health, faster speed on his skill orbs)
Mercy got a bit of a nerf to her ult charge speed
McCree's Fan The Hammer got nerfed, but his left click DPS got increased
Soldier 76's damage dropoff was increased (that's a bit of a nerf)
D.Va's Defense Matrix got overhauled and her ultimate buffed

Some of these changes happened before or with the patch that introduced the new hero Ana.

NeoRaider

I can't believe that i totally dismissed and ignored Roadhog since the game is released. I am such a flop. XD

He really is amazing, with good team he can be very powerful and do a lot of damage. I will have to learn him better but he is so much fun to me rn. Beauty of this game is variety of the characters and always "discovering" and picking new ones. What seemed like a "bad" character for you at the start can become one of the favorites later.

I can't believe that i totally dismissed and ignored Roadhog since the game is released. I am such a flop. XD

He really is amazing, with good team he can be very powerful and do a lot of damage. I will have to learn him better but he is so much fun to me rn. Beauty of this game is variety of the characters and always "discovering" and picking new ones. What seemed like a "bad" character for you at the start can become one of the favorites later.

Yeah, that's been the fun of this game for me, too. I started out maining Pharah, then starting playing around with Symmetra until finally latching onto Zarya and have started experimenting with Genji and Tracer too. Hell, Hanzo and Mei are in my least played characters on Overbuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up trying them out at some point and enjoying them. Honestly, nothing against folks who pick one character and get really good at them, but half the fun of this game is how many different play styles it has based on who you're playing, at least in my experience.

NeoRaider

Yeah, that's been the fun of this game for me, too. I started out maining Pharah, then starting playing around with Symmetra until finally latching onto Zarya and have started experimenting with Genji and Tracer too. Hell, Hanzo and Mei are in my least played characters on Overbuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up trying them out at some point and enjoying them. Honestly, nothing against folks who pick one character and get really good at them, but half the fun of this game is how many different play styles it has based on who you're playing, at least in my experience.

So true. Same here. Well there are some character that i only have few minutes played with but there are a lot with many hours played. I am glad that i am not sticking to one character only like some ppl are doing.

hesido

What is the 1 standard deviation of percentage for win rate? I mean, the median would be 50% but, for example where does 55% win rate stand in terms of standard deviation?

Expire, as in the skins I got will be taken away or just that they will stop handing them out?!! If so, I'd be send to not open them as standard boxes! Damn.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well I just opened up what will be my last even box and it was a triple grey, which sums up my luck. All I wanted was GBR Tracer and the GBR player icon and I got neither. I farmed about 35 boxes for nothing really :(

Prelude.

Man, Hanzo is back in full cancer.
The worst things about PTR buffs is that they flood your team on live with useless pre-buffs empty slots.

antitrop

I didn't start playing Roadhog until over 100 hours of play, then he became my main. He's a good solo queue champ, because he doesn't rely on teammates as much as others. Hook into 1-shot into heal, he does it all by himself.

Crzy1

Sorry if I've missed this, but for those playing on PTR, what are opinions on Mercy's healing buff? With her damage buff never making it out of testing, how it is looking for her healing buff actually being implemented?
It feels pretty good. She didn't get much else, so it's probably going to make it through to live. Before it was really hard for a single person to do anything to counter her healing beam, on the PTR it seems impossible short of a one hit KO. Not sure how it's affecting her ult, imagine it charges a bit faster now, but haven't paid it a ton of mind. She's one of my favorite heroes, so I'm glad they're buffing her up a bit, feels like a small but substantial buff that will help her be a viable choice when compared to the other healing heroes.

Why doesn't Blizzard add PTR to Xbox/PS4?

Putting patches onto XBox/PS4 costs money. Like, several thousand dollars kind of money.

Expire, as in the skins I got will be taken away or just that they will stop handing them out?!! If so, I'd be send to not open them as standard boxes! Damn.

The event will end. You keep all the Summer Games items you acquired and can still use them.
Blizzard wants to bring the Summer Games event back annually with new content, while also allowing players who missed stuff or started playing after the event to get the older stuff as well.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Didn't Microsoft reportedly get rid of their cost to updates?

Also couldn't they have just implanted it when they got rid of Comp?

mollipen

It feels pretty good. She didn't get much else, so it's probably going to make it through to live. Before it was really hard for a single person to do anything to counter her healing beam, on the PTR it seems impossible short of a one hit KO. Not sure how it's affecting her ult, imagine it charges a bit faster now, but haven't paid it a ton of mind. She's one of my favorite heroes, so I'm glad they're buffing her up a bit, feels like a small but substantial buff that will help her be a viable choice when compared to the other healing heroes.

I really do hope it survives, because that's the one fix I've always wanted Mercy to receive.

Man, Hanzo is back in full cancer.
The worst things about PTR buffs is that they flood your team on live with useless pre-buffs empty slots.

The pro matches don't help either. It always happens, in every game with professional competitive play.

People think high level player trickles down. I blame Ronald Reagan.

holysan

Hope they don’t take too long with season 2. Without competitive it’s like not having Overwatch at all. PTR starts getting boring too fast :(

Nimby

Banned
My favorite line in the entire game is Zenyatta's "I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required".

We doing this? Mine is from Mercy when she eliminates someone "MEDIC... oh wait, that's me!"

Worst line has to be from Symmetra, but I don't think she says it in game.

SugarDave

Anyone know what time the summer boxes disappear in UK time? I actually caved and bought a few ffs, just give me the Mercy skin you cocksplats!

UberLevi

Nearly 20 boxes during this event and I haven't gotten any of the items that I wanted. Tempted to drop some cash tomorrow for a few more last minute opportunities, but I don't wanna cave like that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Why doesn't Blizzard add PTR to Xbox/PS4?
It's a waste of time and resources as long as certification on consoles is mandatory. The whole point of PTR is to get feedback before updates go live and having to wait for patches to go through certification and get approval before being able to push them out slows down how quickly they can adjust the server to feedback and finalize what they want going out on the live servers.

Also couldn't they have just implanted it when they got rid of Comp?
No, because they want feedback before these changes go out on the live servers. PTR is a separate install on PC and would likely be the same on consoles if they ever decide to do it.
Anyone know what time the summer boxes disappear in UK time? I actually caved and bought a few ffs, just give me the Mercy skin you cocksplats!
If it ends tomorrow night at midnight PDT like the PSN blurb says then it should end at 8am the 23rd BST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom