• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah, fuck Seagull. He was responsible for the Genji plague, now it's Hanzo's turn.

Seagull was being godly with hanzo from the start.

Like, give attack hanzo a chance. Had a game where I promised I would switch off once I died, and I did, but then no one else could get more kills than I did before I switched. Sometimes shit players are shit no matter who they picked.

He's honestly better on attack. I just wish more people would actually capitalise off the picks I get instead of still just taking poking forever. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with killfeed on.

Jayhawk

Thinking back to the Gamescom tournament, Rogue did have to go through more matches but they were still able to lose one match and continue on. EnvyUs and Reunited each only lost one match, but the format punished them for losing later on in the tournament and they didn't have a chance at redemption like Rogue. I hope future tournaments make it double-elimination or give a 1 point advantage to the team that managed to advance to the semifinals without dropping a match.

Apathy

Oh yeah, fuck Seagull. He was responsible for the Genji plague, now it's Hanzo's turn.

lawl, he was the one responsible for the popularity of hanzo before.

Just got a potg as hog on D Hanamura. Pulled a zarya to her death then a d.va flew over to try and get me and i ulted and shot her off the edge and as she realizes she can't zoom back i end up killing the mech so she ejects as shes already falling.

We lost. :(

2tYr28L.jpg

Not really enjoying the off-season offerings here on ps4, most people seem to have opted to take quick play seriously again but the inferior rule set is frustrating and it's difficult to try to learn new characters against people playing their 'mains' decked out with golden weapons and putting in 100%.
Probably going to take a break once the summer stuff is over, new map might bring me back.

Prelude.

The way he stops and snaps after the flashbang is certainly unnatural, but Blizzard said that the killcam "does not always play back footage at the same fidelity as real-time gameplay" so, who knows?

Edit: Oh wait, I missed the giant STUNNED text. Maybe not, it doesn't look that weird. Reporting him can't hurt, anyway. If he's clean it's not gonna do anything.

ramyeon

Not really enjoying the off-season offerings here on ps4, most people seem to have opted to take quick play seriously again but the inferior rule set is frustrating and it's difficult to try to learn new characters against people playing their 'mains' decked out with golden weapons and putting in 100%.
Probably going to take a break once the summer stuff is over, new map might bring me back.
I wish people in my QP games were trying.

Most of the time I have to ask over and over for a healer or tank because the whole team just wants to play offence heroes.

The speed buffs on their own would've been fine. The speed buffs combined with the old hitboxes though are bullshit.

Yeah, I'm assuming the old hitboxes are back for good, so I'm hoping the arrow speed goes back to how it was. I like letting him move faster; encouraging Hanzos to move around is a good thing,

I wish people in my QP games were trying.

Most of the time I have to ask over and over for a healer or tank because the whole team just wants to play offence heroes.

Today I was playing QP (on live), Volskaya on attack. One guy picked Hanzo and commanded everybody else to play tank/healer. I was playing Ana at first, but once we capped first point I swapped to D.Va because we couldn't get anything done, I was constantly getting picked off and the guy who had played tank at first swapped to something else.

So the Hanzo then started spamming the "We need a healer" command in the chat and I told him he could perhaps play healer himself if he was so desperate. I always watched him in the killfeed when i was dead and he was basically just sitting somewhere out of range on the moving platforms and such, blindly spamming arrows and doing basically nothing at all.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

ramyeon

Today I was playing QP (on live), Volskaya on attack. One guy picked Hanzo and commanded everybody else to play tank/healer. I was playing Ana at first, but once we capped first point I swapped to D.Va because we couldn't get anything done, I was constantly getting picked off and the guy who had played tank at first swapped to something else.

So the Hanzo then started spamming the "We need a healer" command in the chat and I told he could perhaps play healer himself if he was so desperate. I always watched him in the killfeed when i was dead and he was basically just sitting somewhere out of range on the moving platforms and such, blindly spamming arrows and doing basically nothing at all.
So bad.

Whenever I'm asking people to be healer or tank it's because I'm healer or tank while everyone else is some combination of Hanzo/McCree/Soldier/Widowmaker/Genji/Reaper. Usually it's at least 2 Reapers.

I'm glad I've kind of learned to enjoy playing Lucio, because otherwise more than half of the solo QP matches I play would have no healers at all. But he's nice to play as a low stress option, as all you have to worry about is, "Is everybody's health full or do you hear an ult coming? Speed boost. Otherwise healing."

So bad.

Whenever I'm asking people to be healer or tank it's because I'm healer or tank while everyone else is some combination of Hanzo/McCree/Soldier/Widowmaker/Genji/Reaper. Usually it's at least 2 Reapers.

I don't see more than one Reaper all that much in my games, honestly it's mostly Genji, Hanzo, Bastion or Widowmaker I see getting stacked, pretty much in that order (though with the Genji nerf and Hanzo buff I expect that order to change).

Like, I don't mind playing healer or tank, in fact I almost exclusively play those roles, but if you're being an asshole about it, I won't fucking bother and play whatever I want, even if were attack Bastion. Especially if the hero you're playing is fucking Hanzo.

Dude back when he had the old hitboxes he still wasn't amazing.

The problem is that his dumb hitboxes are frustrating for everybody, even high level play, and reward bad aim. There is ways to make his damage output more consistent without having to resort to him shooting living rooms.

Antiwhippy

I thought the hitbox revert was because it was making things too janky? Like mei actually missing frozen headshots even though it hits them in the head.

I thought the hitbox revert was because it was making things too janky? Like mei actually missing frozen headshots even though it hits them in the head.

They could've opted to fix hitboxes on a 1-by-1 base, and adjust them accordingly.
Like, there obviously might be some issues for some characters, but Hanzo's hitboxes were fine.
If they want to fix Mei's or Zenyatta's hitboxes they should do it without buffing Hanzo's.

Veelk

Banned
I can agree with that. Dunno why they are adamant with a one size its all solution for all projectiles.

Blizzard has designed something truly brilliant with Overwatch, but they really do make some design decisions I consider simply bizarre. I wish they were more open with the reasons behind their choices

Antiwhippy

I think the problem is that the pro scene rarely plays 2CP where defense heroes shine.

As evidenced by EnvyUS getting exposed on hanamura and anubis against mei and junkrat.

Also hanzo is still better on offense.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Winston is the one character I don't know how to use effectively. I just die so fast as him, that it feels like I'm not doing anything.

As it turns out, I apparently play my best as Junkrat. Not too happy with that considering he's basically a noobtube spammer (I haven't used that term in years). Oh well.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They increased Hanzo's arrow hitbox again because no one played him anymore, average people couldn't hit shit anymore.

I'm ok with it, it's only a bit increased, nowhere near as bad as it was.

Genji's reflect hitbox is pretty much the OW equivalent of a facestab

I've had pharah shots deliberately aimed at the ground get deflected. It's a pretty stupidly big hitbox

I'd be happy for a genji nerf that just reduced the dragonblade time/range and reflect hitbox while keeping his mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom