• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao had a game with an attack bastion managed to finish it with 77% average energy. my only complaint about zarya is that she's almost too fun to play

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
why would you use that as a caveat? if anything his scatter shot not being multi arrow takes a lot better timing and aim to execute compared to a rocket

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah you actually have to aim right at their feet instead of a circle around their feet to get the full damage.

Also unlike explosives any unexpected movement affects the damage.

Much more geometry dependant too. I've messed up quite a few scatters because the character I was aiming at are at an incline or stairs.

Apathy

why would you use that as a caveat? if anything his scatter shot not being multi arrow takes a lot better timing and aim to execute compared to a rocket

a rocket to the feet isnt a 1 shot kill, a scatter arrow is because its a set pattern that goes upwards. a 200 health character is instantly dead with a shot that they see as "oh hey lets shoot the ground" on the kill cam. you have no time to do anything

zoukka

I can't imagine them doing a full "event" out of oktoberfest. We'll get a few sprays and maybe a skin out of it, but halloween is the next big "event" is my guess.

Apathy

I didn't even realize that they were doing a country specific invitational with users being able to vote for their countries representatives .

duckroll

I can't imagine them doing a full "event" out of oktoberfest. We'll get a few sprays and maybe a skin out of it, but halloween is the next big "event" is my guess.

Yeah there'll probably just be a themed Weekly Brawl at best, where everyone plays Reinhardt or something. Nothing unique or expensive. I expect them to go to down with Halloween though. If they don't meet my expectations, I will be very upset!

a rocket to the feet isnt a 1 shot kill, a scatter arrow is because its a set pattern that goes upwards. a 200 health character is instantly dead with a shot that they see as "oh hey lets shoot the ground" on the kill cam. you have no time to do anything

Scattershot is why the hero has always been secretly strong. A free elimination every 10 seconds matches the respawn timer. So if used properly you can keep someone basically perma locked in respawn. McCree is probably the best target to use it on. One: he has no escape and Two: often the biggest tryhard is on McCree. Taking out their best player over and over makes a lot of space for your team.

Respect his zone of control, bait it out, and then put pressure on him when he uses it since you have a window. The fact there's room for outplay here means Hanzo will always be more fair to fight than a McCree since for McCree the answer is: don't get clicked on by his ridiculous base damage laser pistol.

I haven't played Overwatch in a while but some friends got the game and asked me to play. Mistake. They're complete noobs that don't even know what most of the heroes do and we're getting matched with people who have prestiged twice. What is this match making.

Zekes!

spent an extra $5 to finally get a Summer Games skin for Lucio

I hadn't cared until I had most of the skins for this event

I think the only one I don't have is Widow's epic?

Also had a match on Numbani today where I got both PotG for Defense (Symmetra) and Attack (Pharah). I had felt like I was playing really well both matches, so I was left feeling pretty happy about myself

I haven't played Overwatch in a while but some friends got the game and asked me to play. Mistake. They're complete noobs that don't even know what most of the heroes do and we're getting matched with people who have prestiged twice. What is this match making.

Prestige just means play time not skill level.

Mendrox

That's because you are playing in a team.

Edit: Also play time is not the same skill. Did you check if the prestiged people also had newbies in their group? :)

Zanzura

...I use my amp primarily for healing...

What else do you do as the solo healer?

Ideally, you save the amp to speed boost most of the time. It's one of the most powerful abilities in the game as you're basically controlling the flow of every encounter for your team. You can use it to bail a teammate out of a bad position, you can use it to catch an enemy that's out of position (use comms to call out the target), and of course, use it along with ult to break a deadlock.

The only time you really use amp on heal is if it's like king of the hill and your team is down health wise on the point. Most of the time it's better to just speed boost someone out if they're in critical status and then switch over to heal for the latter half of the amp.

peakish

...I use my amp primarily for healing...

What else do you do as the solo healer?
I use it to boost my team past nasty chokes and into good positions. Then I die a little bit inside as no-one on my team follows me. Finally with a sigh I amp heal the rest of the game.

(I realize this isn't my team's fault, I'm plain bad at communicating my intentions. Can't expect people to on a seconds notice blindly follow me. That's the issue with low-rank solo-q and me for not trying harder.)

I apparently reached my goal of top 1000 Meis in one night.

LRQj2fe.jpg

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/badboy_zjr

Veelk

Banned
I use amp to heal mostly in fire fights. I always figured it was the same basic result, except instead of upping the DPS, I instead just essentially up the health of all my teammates to ridiculous levels because they're being healed by whatever damage they're suffering. I definitely know I've saved a few games by healing allies that would have otherwise died.

Anne

I use amp to heal mostly in fire fights. I always figured it was the same basic result, except instead of upping the DPS, I instead just essentially up the health of all my teammates to ridiculous levels because they're being healed by whatever damage they're suffering. I definitely know I've saved a few games by healing allies that would have otherwise died.

Well, that's going to happen sometimes. Usually to do that you speed boost then fade into heal so they get away from danger and get the heals. The only time you do that is if speedboost isn't going to be needed for a bit for sure.

I think a majority of lower levels don't understand the intricacies in playing supports at higher level or how the team comps all come together. As dumb as Lucio is, playing him at higher levels that sync with the rest of the comp is actually really hard. Most of the supports at higher levels are some of the hardest to play characters in the game.

Well, that's going to happen sometimes. Usually to do that you speed boost then fade into heal so they get away from danger and get the heals. The only time you do that is if speedboost isn't going to be needed for a bit for sure.

I think a majority of lower levels don't understand the intricacies in playing supports at higher level or how the team comps all come together. As dumb as Lucio is, playing him at higher levels that sync with the rest of the comp is actually really hard. Most of the supports at higher levels are some of the hardest to play characters in the game.

I've seen teammates run off an edge because they weren't prepared for the extra speed. I've tried using speed mode more often, but if the team isn't used to playing around it, it just doesn't help at all.

Of course, I'm mainly talking in the middle of a fight. Everyone expects a speed boost at the start of a KotH round or through a choke on assault maps.

Rad-

I've seen teammates run off an edge because they weren't prepared for the extra speed. I've tried using speed mode more often, but if the team isn't used to playing around it, it just doesn't help at all.

Of course, I'm mainly talking in the middle of a fight. Everyone expects a speed boost at the start of a KotH round or through a choke on assault maps.

I do that sometimes as Lucio just to be evil. I see a teammate running towards an edge and I speed boost just randomly. Even after all these months of playing it's still hilarious.

dity

Since the Summer Games are basically over, I'm going to go and practice in the PTR competitive - y'know, since it's basically impossible to do in the live game's quick play mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom