• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know pc players are gonna cruxify me for this, but im on console, and i really wish we had some more customization with the chat wheel. its the only way to communicate without a headset, which MANY people just dont use.

I just wish I could add a few more

Skii

i know pc players are gonna cruxify me for this, but im on console, and i really wish we had some more customization with the chat wheel. its the only way to communicate without a headset, which MANY people just dont use.

Yeah there is no way to indicate if someone is sneaking from behind or if you want everyone to attack now etc. It is just ridiculous they couldn't add some more options.

Just did 2 solo queues. Already seriously want to die. What's the fucking point? Both games were KotH, both games I get matched with 5 other solo players who have no interest in talking or playing on the point, or really doing anything together, no one wants to pick support so I have to do it, and both times the other team is made up of groups of 3s and 2s clearly working together. Why matchmake like this? Who wants to play games like this? Fuck everything.
lol exactly my point.

Agreed with posts above, game would be better with a MOBA chat wheel. Look at Smite on console as a starting point. Wouldn't even need to be that complex.

Anne

Why would PC players crucify you? That makes sense, I'v ealways heard the chat wheel on console is shit.

Azoor

I like that idea, adding more commands would be helpful. Hell, we could swap them if with the ones we want if the wheel isn't enough, Dark Souls style :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I use chat wheel all the time on PC.

ISOM

Apparently PC players didn't crucify you for this.

LiK

We should have an Affirmative and Negative command. That is so basic. Also, there should be an Attack or Pull Back commands as well.

Understood and Group Up doesn't work at all for most occassions.

There should be two chat wheels:
One for all non-gameplay stuff: Hello, voice lines, emotes,...
And one for the gameplay stuff, including features that are desperately needed: I need help, fall back, I'm attacking,...

There should be two chat wheels:
One for all non-gameplay stuff: Hello, voice lines, emotes,...
And one for the gameplay stuff, including features that are desperately needed: I need help, fall back, I'm attacking,...

Agreed. I'm constantly finding the need for lines like these:

"Get on the fucking payload."
"We don't need two Widowmakers."
"Hey genius, we need at least one tank."
"Switch from Torb. We're on attack."
"Ana, go Zenyatta or Lucio."

Redmoon

We should have an Affirmative and Negative command. That is so basic. Also, there should be an Attack or Pull Back commands as well.

Junkrat (RADIO): Fire in the hole!

peakish

Some more basic commands would be nice. They should just record a bunch and let us customize the wheel with what we want.

Would also be nice to bind custom text commands. If not to the wheel then at least to keys (on PC). Maybe people would spam too much with that ... but misuse like that can be reported.

I used to never play Tracer because I thought her voice was annoying, turns out that I only dislike her cheers love line, she's actually really fun to play, my favourite right now.
Also her "I'm on fire, really" line is the cutest line in the game.

Beckx

"you can't use amped speed boost strategies with quick play / low level / PUGs"

wrong wrong wrong

Seriously, other Lucios, just try it. I used to think the same thing, down here in the scrub tier dregs, and I was wrong. One game I just decided that I was going to amp speed boost in every combat (then fade back to heals after amping) and it was amazing. It's now my standard Lucio play,

People aren't as awful as you think: they will adapt.They will get used to the fact that every few seconds they are going to start moving faster. They will realize moving faster gives them a huge advantage in combat. Your teams will win more, because the other Lucio probably won't be doing this.

"but I lose amped healing"

true. but the number of situations where this will make a difference is smaller than you think. if everyone is in dire straits, then sure, amp healing, but really you have limited chances of saving people with it. i have not felt that my healing totals or team survivability have suffered since changing my amp strategy.

LiK

Some more basic commands would be nice. They should just record a bunch and let us customize the wheel with what we want.

Would also be nice to bind custom text commands. If not to the wheel then at least to keys (on PC). Maybe people would spam too much with that ... but misuse like that can be reported.

it's already abused with randos spamming Thanks! when we're losing.

Owzers

So glad that Phamercy is gone from the meta. Hope they stay dead. Rockets are way too annoying to deal with.
I'm going to pick mercy more after the console balance update. More healing, slight changes to Lucio/zen.

Qp defense, Ana as only healer made me a sad Reinhardt.

I'm at level 98, This isn't timing well for fast level loot boxes, probably will be 100 tonight and use them all up before Halloween event :/

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Didn't spend any money on the event but I leveled up 45 times. Didn't do too bad.

Got:
Both Tracer skins
Genji skin
Torbjorn skin
Red Zarya skin
D.va skin
Bastion emote
Junkrat and Tracer highlight intros

Kind of wanted American Mcree, but whatever

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Didn't spend any money on the event but I leveled up 45 times. Didn't do too bad.

Got:
Both Tracer skins
Genji skin
Torbjorn skin
Red Zarya skin
D.va skin
Bastion emote
Junkrat and Tracer highlight intros

Kind of wanted American Mcree, but whatever

American mccree is like the best one though.

ohkay

"you can't use amped speed boost strategies with quick play / low level / PUGs"

wrong wrong wrong

Seriously, other Lucios, just try it. I used to think the same thing, down here in the scrub tier dregs, and I was wrong. One game I just decided that I was going to amp speed boost in every combat (then fade back to heals after amping) and it was amazing. It's now my standard Lucio play,

People aren't as awful as you think: they will adapt.They will get used to the fact that every few seconds they are going to start moving faster. They will realize moving faster gives them a huge advantage in combat. Your teams will win more, because the other Lucio probably won't be doing this.

"but I lose amped healing"

true. but the number of situations where this will make a difference is smaller than you think. if everyone is in dire straits, then sure, amp healing, but really you have limited chances of saving people with it. i have not felt that my healing totals or team survivability have suffered since changing my amp strategy.
Amping speed vs healing should be a situational choice, but I do think speed boost is very useful at "lower" levels too. I climbed out of the 50s mainly playing Lucio since no one would ever pick support, and using speed boost was probably a large reason why my win rate was fairly high.

finalflame

change "group up" to "please for the love of god stop feeding and wait for everyone to respawn"
We NEED this change. I usually just say it in voice chat, though. "Hey guys lets wait for everyone and group, we're just feeding them right now."

9/10 times nobody gives a fuck.

duckroll

Yeah instead of "Group Up" which is basically POINTLESS when everyone is scattered and distracted, a "Hold Back!" would be much more useful. If players still ignore it, so be it, but at least it better communicates what is needed.

"Hold back now!"
"We need to retreat!"
"Pull back and regroup!"
"Stop advancing!"

PLEASE!

wamberz1

Yeah instead of "Group Up" which is basically POINTLESS when everyone is scattered and distracted, a "Hold Back!" would be much more useful. If players still ignore it, so be it, but at least it better communicates what is needed.

Oh god yes
Can't count the amount of times where my team was overextending like crazy and I wished I had a "fall/hold back" option.
Blizzard really should get on this, it would be such a great QOL improvement.

I think I'd be comfortable using:
Tracer
McCree
Zarya
Roadhog
Zenyatta
Lucio
in any competitive game at this point. Pretty diverse group, so i'm satisfied if I don't learn any others for awhile.

And even though I haven't used him since the game released (when he was my top played qp hero) it turns out I'm not such a bad Hanzo. If he becomes viable maybe i'll squeeze him into a couple games.

Bring on S2!

We NEED this change. I usually just say it in voice chat, though. "Hey guys lets wait for everyone and group, we're just feeding them right now."

9/10 times nobody gives a fuck.

I'm not going to wait for the group. I'm awesome at OW and I'm going to kill everyone before you get h... *Eliminated*

duckroll

Thinking about it more, instead of "group up" there should be 3 commands to replace it instead. "Pull back and regroup!", "Push through now!", and "We need support here!", I think context is very important when trying to communicate in a quick manner in a game like this, and "Group up" on its own is totally meaningless. Expressing why people should move to another position from where they are might make a huge difference for non-voice chat and non-group players.

wamberz1

Another one; "watch out for the ultimate!!!"
For when you see things like a reaper teleport directly above your team or shadow walk into the middle of your group, see a mccree start slowly walking to a high sniper position, notice that zarya probably has her ult charge now and hasn't used it yet, and other stuff like that.

+1 for more chatwheel options. Being able to say "we're being flanked" would be a huge asset, for instance. I never use the heal spam, let me swap that out.

SCB3

How rare are the Summer Games skins?

I literally got all but Zaryas Red skin from like 12 boxes, I thought they were more common

Rad-

Had a game as Pharah where I didn't get healed or damage boosted even once by the Mercy in our team. Like what.

AngryMoth

While we're talking about the chat wheel I wish they'd lower the sensitivity on the controls because too often I end up accidentally emoting when I was trying to select something on the opposite side of the wheel.

Paltheos

change "group up" to "please for the love of god stop feeding and wait for everyone to respawn"

I might just be rationalizing here, but I wonder what people are afraid of is the enemy team having time to set up for ambushes. I think it's more likely (at least as the attacker) that they just don't want to cede map space to the defender. I don't really think most people are stupid enough to believe they can solo an enemy team. They're just trying to blast holes in the enemy's defenses (even at the cost of their own life), so when their team fails to win despite their 'great effort', they feel compelled to blame the rest of their team rather than acknowledge they'd have been better off trying to go in together (or coordinate a pincer). And they probably do all this to begin with because they tried at some point to coordinate with the others, failed too many times, and just gave up on it.

I might be reading too much into it though (and projecting).

protonium

Fuck RNG. Fuck it right off.

Seventy five fucking great british pounds down the swanny just trying to get that team GB tracer and nothing, in the end the boxes were giving me 4 fucking duplicates, I mean what the fuck?

Urgh FML.

Having less than 40% of all items unlocked and often getting 3-4 duplicates in a loot box is aggravating.

mjc

Does anyone know if the music is available anywhere? I loved the track used in the Eichenwalde reveal trailer...but it's nowhere to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom