• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A mercy boosted opponent is going to drop you just as fast. Do you just want discord deleted?

Hell no, I love zen, even when he's the 150HP glass cannon he was. Thing is it's still 30% for your whole team against the discorded dude vs 30% for one of your teammates who's probably only attacking one person at a time. Only time where it maybe works out in mercy's favour is if it's someone with splash like pharah or junkrat but even then, eh.

Antiwhippy

Also now that hitboxes are fixed and isn't whiffing shots for projectile characters I am outputting so much damage.

matmanx1

Also now that hitboxes are fixed and isn't whiffing shots for projectile characters I am outputting so much damage.

What character? I know we had a Mei in on of my matches last night on Dorado defense that had 20 eliminations and helped keep the opposing team from even reaching the first checkpoint. I was playing Mercy so I was hanging back and zooming in as needed but I was seriously impressed with what I saw from this Mei.

Yeah, coordinating with just commands can be such a pain sometimes. Was in a pub match with an Ana who let us all know that she had her ult. "Great!" I thought, sending out the command that my Genji had his ult. ready too, and was all set to go in and start shredding fools once she gave me the poke.

Link up with the Ana... stare at her for a good 5 seconds... look over at the passage way into Volskaya's Point B... look back at her... and was about ready to send out the ult. notification again when the enemy pushes forward and murders us both.

That and the lack of a "Get out from behind the wall and I'll shield you while you shoot!" command for Zarya makes me think I should finally start using my headset. But then I remember I'm playing solo QP and remember why I don't.

Antiwhippy

What character? I know we had a Mei in on of my matches last night on Dorado defense that had 20 eliminations and helped keep the opposing team from even reaching the first checkpoint. I was playing Mercy so I was hanging back and zooming in as needed but I was seriously impressed with what I saw from this Mei.

Zen, but yeah, getting more of my hits as mei also.

No more shit like this.

https://gfycat.com/WhiteUnevenCrane

matmanx1

So I have yet to play this, but like the look of it. How is the general community? Going strong? Dying off? What's the long term support looking like? Thanks

General community is pretty good although the level of salt can sometimes be high. I find this is in pretty much every competitive online game ever though so it is nothing new to Overwatch. The amount of people playing is very high and the long term support looks healthy with new content coming every month or two.

Overwatch desperately needs a Pre-Season mode between seasons. Same rules as competative but no ranks or CP earned. Quick play is hot garbage

Yes, so much this. Stacking is cheese and I don't like it.

I would very much like a permanent unranked mode that just sued the comp ruleset. Can be there for preseasons, practice, people that wanna play with different SR friends, etc.

Really don't get why that isn't there.

Yep. I 100% agree. And I will add to that it would allow folks to practice new characters in QP (which I seemed to run in to all weekend) and then carry them over in to competitive practice mode once they actually have some experience. Right now, QP is the wild west of Overwatch and it can be a scary and ridiculous place.

Apathy

A mercy boosted opponent is going to drop you just as fast. Do you just want discord deleted?

1 person getting 50% boost vs 6 people getting 30%. No matter how you slice it the math comes back with discord still being better. Now is not just clearly broken.

General community is pretty good although the level of salt can sometimes be high. I find this is in pretty much every competitive online game ever though so it is nothing new to Overwatch. The amount of people playing is very high and the long term support looks healthy with new content coming every month or two.

Yes, so much this. Stacking is cheese and I don't like it.

Yep. I 100% agree. And I will add to that it would allow folks to practice new characters in QP (which I seemed to run in to all weekend) and then carry them over in to competitive practice mode once they actually have some experience. Right now, QP is the wild west of Overwatch and it can be a scary and ridiculous place.

Plus new players just don't learn anything if they were trying to use it before competitive. "Finally learned how to counter a 4 dva and 2 lucio team, let's go to comp..wait why are the dumb stacks not here, why am I dying so much and not killing anyone, who's this angry German with a shield smacking me with a hammer?"

R0ckman

1 person getting 50% boost vs 6 people getting 30%. No matter how you slice it the math comes back with discord still being better. Now is not just clearly broken.

Sometimes it would be so bad I would die instantly jumping to the back lines as Winston coming into FOV.

Auctopus

Had a great time getting in to the groove with Zen last night. I didn't find the QP teams too bad but there was a few Level 50+ people who made some "Are you serious?" mistakes but we're only human.

I did enjoy getting the highest amount of eliminations/obj eliminations as Zen on teams with Solider and Reaper, whilst keeping the whole team alive as well. Due to the quick recharge rate, I've also discovered the advantages of using his special to get out of danger if I'm the last player alive on the team and to retreat quickly towards the spawn zone.

I love how the three characters I play the most were never on my radar when I first started the game.

Jayhawk

I did enjoy getting the highest amount of eliminations/obj eliminations as Zen on teams with Solider and Reaper, whilst keeping the whole team alive as well. Due to the quick recharge rate, I've also discovered the advantages of using his special to get out of danger if I'm the last player alive on the team and to retreat quickly towards the spawn zone.

Using Transcendence to retreat by yourself is a bad choice and please don't make it a habit. It has too much value in shutting down enemy ults to be wasted like that. Just take the death or suicide.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
500px-Summer2016_Widowmaker_Skin_Tricolore.jpg

latest

thoughts?

Auctopus

Using Transcendence to retreat by yourself is a bad choice and please don't make it a habit. It has too much value in shutting down enemy ults to be wasted like that. Just take the death or suicide.

It's not a legit tactic that I use and I know it's a good Ult shutdown. I was playing with people who would trickle in though and I'd rather not endure the tiring loop of chasing after a group of Attackers who are then slaughtered leaving me to arrive at the battle 30 seconds later to die to a full enemy team.

R0ckman

Whats with the bias in Honzo players? Picked him in a QP and a guy kept whining that I wasnt doing anything. Stopped a Genji ult and saved the dudes life from a charging Rein, the hell is with these players?

Is the kill feed not set to default on PC? I honestly think you should not have the option to turn it off.

Owzers

Not happening, he's the only legitimate tank buster. He's keeping full on tank teams from being the meta in check.

KOTH map, other team doesn't use a Reaper. Tank tank tank. It was a fun game being a winston and getting to hop around a Zarya and Roadhog as teammates, no fear.

R0ckman

KOTH map, other team doesn't use a Reaper. Tank tank tank. It was a fun game being a winston and getting to hop around a Zarya and Roadhog, no fear.

Hes also really good for teams that just have bad awareness, a Reaper in the middle of the fray is trying to ult. There is NO OTHER reason a squishy will be in the lions den.

Owzers

I'm definitely getting these Rein skins with my gold i couldn't use on summer games skins, Blizzard was looking out for me all along.

Random ass question:

I just bought a bunch of boxes because as far as I know the event is going away either today or tomorrow... can I open these boxes at my leisure or must I open them before the event goes away? Thanks for any future responses!

Random ass question:

I just bought a bunch of boxes because as far as I know the event is going away either today or tomorrow... can I open these boxes at my leisure or must I open them before the event goes away? Thanks for any future responses!

In the past, they've said that the items in each box are determined once you earn/buy them, but I'm not sure how that works with Summer Games boxes considering you can choose to open them as normal loot boxes. I'd just open them all today to be sure.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh shit son, im playing the new map!

TIME TO LOOK FOR SECRETS!!

In the past, they've said that the items in each box are determined once you earn/buy them, but I'm not sure how that works with Summer Games boxes considering you can choose to open them as normal loot boxes. I'd just open them all today to be sure.

Oh god. This is what I was afraid of. I was hoping to save some for a later release to potentially get new items. So how long do I have then? Is there an official time of when the event will go away? :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is the best map yet, so much detail!

The good thing is im native german speaking so i can read everything :p

He won't. You're just being all "ermahgerd slippery slope, when will the nerf train end blizzard sux" etc.

There's absolutely no reason to nerf anything about Reaper. His pick rate is fine, his damage output is fine, his mobility is fine, his survivability is fine, he does not have any unintended damage-dealing animation cancels, and his ult is easily countered by more than popping support ults that it outlasts, because it's nowhere near as long and he's nearly stationary in it, and does not get teamwipes when the team spreads out since he can't dash towards them while ulting, nor can he survive getting attacked by simply deflecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom