• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last summer loot box. Got lucky.
Cqf-bQHWYAQL7Hv.jpg

So, this is the sort of thing that will require more experimentation, but Eichenwald miiiiiiight be a map Symmetra is actually useful on throughout, on defense at least.

It's not a buff, let alone a rework, but I'll take it.

duckroll

Good game Duckroll, with and against you.

edit: I felt bad for you when you were team up with that crappy widowmaker.

Yeah it was fun. When it switched around the comp went to shit and we just rolled with it. Couldn't push in Hanamura B since none of the pubs outside my group wanted to play another tank. Could have used a Zarya lol. Oh well! We also had a Genji who seemed allergic to chokepoints and would just run away instead of flanking. Good times.

Sulik2

Good game Duckroll, with and against you.

edit: I felt bad for you when you were team up with that crappy widowmaker.

I think you mean just Widowmaker if you played PS4. I've seen one good Widowmaker in 60 hours. The rest of the time its just playing handicapped and down a teammate. We need character bans in competitive on PS4 just to stop stupid teammates from taking her.

Veelk

Banned
I think you mean just Widowmaker if you played PS4. I've seen one good Widowmaker in 60 hours. The rest of the time its just playing handicapped and down a teammate. We need character bans in competitive on PS4 just to stop stupid teammates from taking her.
Or we could do what we do with every character that us out of balance. Ask Blizzard to balance them.

I know you're not entirely serious but character bans in this game would be singularly bad idea, not only because there's only 22 characters at the moment and several characters that are the only ones or among few who are able to fill a niche or even role properly (e.g. imagine a competitive game where, say, Mercy and Lucio both get banned).
Remember, there's only 5-6 characters per category, and not every character in those categories fills the same role/niche.

And that's not even considering things like being inherently against the spirit of the game and its mechanic to allow you switching heroes during a match. Something that is heavily encouraged and one of the core aspects of the game.

If the roster has like 40+ characters where there's several options to fill certain roles, we -might- be able to start discussing a ban option, but even then I think it would be insanely crippling to the game.

I get the people playing troll comps in QP, but what is it with your own teammates playing like its a one man game?? I'm Reinhardt and Zenyatta popped his ult to save himself and then ran AWAY from me into the enemy team. People of QP, I swear.

Gorillaz

oh yea every is acting like shit now seeing multiple widowmakers and torbs running around with their no aiming ass

I need comp or something to come back I can't do this in quick play

R0ckman

Alternatively, if you've got a moronic Ana on your team, it's magnified.

I've yet to get one, but I heard of one in the topic where the genji was ready or an ult combo when she toldhim she had hers and she just stood there staring at him, so I know they exist lol.

Zeliard

I'm really liking the new map, though it does kind of highlight how rough the other maps are, generally. It's just so much better about offering good flanking routes combined with decent verticality.

It's their latest map, so it's understandable that it would be improved, but the chokepoint-heavy maps do seem even weaker up against it.

Sulik2

I know you're not entirely serious but character bans in this game would be singularly bad idea, not only because there's only 22 characters at the moment and several characters that are the only ones or among few who are able to fill a niche or even role properly (e.g. imagine a competitive game where, say, Mercy and Lucio both get banned).
Remember, there's only 5-6 characters per category, and not every character in those categories fills the same role/niche.

And that's not even considering things like being inherently against the spirit of the game and its mechanic to allow you switching heroes during a match. Something that is heavily encouraged and one of the core aspects of the game.

If the roster has like 40+ characters where there's several options to fill certain roles, we -might- be able to start discussing a ban option, but even then I think it would be insanely crippling to the game.

I don't mean bans on the other team. Matches take so freaking long to start in this game already I'd like to have a vote button put in during start up. Make it work just like the card system but for your own team's character choices before a match begins. If some idiot picks a character that doesn't match the team comp or plans to fail playing Widow I want to be able to vote and force him to change.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In WoW when you queue for a random BG you can exempt 2.

Overwatch REALLY needs that. No one should have to suffer through Anubis. The idea that they want to be esports while releasing a map like that is contradictory.

Skii

Last summer loot box nets me S.Korea D.Va skin!

So my entire haul was:

- British Tracer
- Nihon Genji
- Swedish Torb
- Weight Lifter and Champion for Zarya
- White soccer kit Lucio
- S.Korea D.Va

Got Tracer highlight intro, Symmetra dance emote and others.

Done fairly well for around 80 boxes including paid and grinded.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
In WoW when you queue for a random BG you can exempt 2.

Overwatch REALLY needs that. No one should have to suffer through Anubis. The idea that they want to be esports while releasing a map like that is contradictory.

What's wrong with anubis?

Honestly as much as i don't like how long timebank makes 2cp maps last they allow them to make sense in an esports format.

R0ckman

Yeah I can see why Genji needs toned down. Even if you can fight a good Genji the game centers around taking him down. Its freaking terrible, its not fun at all.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You see some funny stuff in QP. Just played on a team with 3 Symetras and won

Are you on PS4? Ran into the same thing on Hanamura along with 2 Torbjorns.

Switched to Winston and ended up getting PotG slapping everyone around on Point 1 and even got the Anger Management trophy (damage all 6 opponents during Winston's ultimate)

Redmoon

Playing on the new map with a Symmetra on the enemy team(defending team)....lol. She just shuts down all the indoor/closed flanking routes easily :p

At least she has a solid map now. Cant think of any other map where she can defend this well on.

Palmer_v1

Quick play is so bad right now. I've been playing for 3 hours and JUST got my first win. I can't even comprehend how bad some of my teammates were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom