• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean bans on the other team. Matches take so freaking long to start in this game already I'd like to have a vote button put in during start up. Make it work just like the card system but for your own team's character choices before a match begins. If some idiot picks a character that doesn't match the team comp or plans to fail playing Widow I want to be able to vote and force him to change.

Bans to me means that the character cannot be used by anybody, neither your team nor the enemy team.

And what you're proposing is an even worse idea. Like the game isn't toxic enough, you also want to implement an option for players to troll others by forcing them to change characters? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. "What's this, I'm Hanzo and Mercy wasn't on my ass the entire time even tho I spammed I need healing despite being full health? Well, you ain't gonna play Mercy any longer bitch."
Also, elitist asshole players as well. "What's that, this guy wants to play Torbjörn? Well obviously he must be wrong, because only MY idea of a good team comp is right!"
Edit: Thinking about this even more: What if that guy you're kicking off of Torbjörn or Widowmaker or whatever is actually really good at that character? I'd rather have a player who is competent at a character that might not be pro player meta than forcing him to play a character he's not familiar with. Or what if your idea of a team comp for a certain map is wrong? Perhaps that guy playing Symmetra on attack has figured out a strategy that you might not even know about.

So who has prosthetic limbs?

McCree
Genji
Symmetra
Hanzo

Are Lucio's legs prosthetic? Are Soldier's feet boots or prosthetic?

Junkrat and Torbjörn. We can't be sure about some other characters, but I don't think 76 or Lucio have prosthetics.

KoTH needs to have its own playlist in season 2. I'm so sick of 40 minute matches. It gets so exhausting.

It's stupid that you can't just choose which mode you want to play like you can in NEARLY EVERY OTHER GAME!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I have almost 6000 gold for all these goodies! So the summer crap fesr doesnt bug me as much.

It has honestly pissed me off to no end, especially when my friends do this to me:

882OYi3.jpg

Compo got every single skin without buying boxes, and he opened the same amount of boxes as I did, or maybe even a few less. It sickens me to my core.

Anne

It reminds me a lot more of a TF2 map which is what(maps) disappointed me the most about Overwatch. Very few lanes and side passages. Maybe those play better with an e-sports crowd, but it's very, very boring. This seems to have a ton, like a TF2 map would.

The maps have been one of the top complaints from top level players as well. There's a reason why you see the same 5 or less maps over and over again in NA.

This. The ESL matches this weekend are a pretty good indicator that something needed to change with Genji.

Wipes or near team wipes were far more common when a Genji ult came out. When someone whiffed one, it was a pretty big deal.

Like when Kyb (I think it was him) was in the jail with his sword out and the commentator made that awful joke about there "not being any criminals around."

While Genji's sword at 8s is a bit wild, it still needs certain conditions to be met to get 3-4 kills. At the same time, you notice there are times where Kyb in matches could just do nothing but farm for an ult, then attempt to use it for the wipe. Genji himself just works like that. You just farm for an ult or somebody gets out of position with low enough life for you to jump on them. Ult duration being down 2s means he can still wipe teams the same way, it just needs the conditions to be good for him instead of the sometimes rando engage that works out. Now we're worried about how he's gonna survive to get sowrd and whether or not he can really be anything besides an ult bot.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People keep focusing on genji getting 3-4 kills occasionally but ignore the part where most times it's actually zarya's ult that decides whether a point is broken through or not.

There's no question that zarya's ult is the most powerful ult in the game.

Salarians

When the defending team goes from using actual strategy and team ups to a two Bastion, one Torbjorn cheese fest the second they start losing.

R0ckman

People keep focusing on genji getting 3-4 kills occasionally but ignore the part where most times it's actually zarya's ult that decides whether a point is broken through or not.

I agree, I got a solo quad kill with her with an ult and max charge fire. Somehow we still lost that.

Anne

Best offensive ult easily. Could argue Zen/Lucio ult are better since they counter this plus so many other ults plus allow for free pushes.

Satch

Banned
Wew i just played my ass off in a game as genji and i had this godlike mercy that was just enabling all my stupid shit and she damage boosted me and solo rezzed me whenever i died and we just kept owning

we were like the offbrand seagull and shayed

My wrists are SUPER tired after that

Antiwhippy

Best offensive ult easily. Could argue Zen/Lucio ult are better since they counter this plus so many other ults plus allow for free pushes.

She pretty much forces those ults, but yeah, the defensive ults are definitely better in how they negate so many plays. Though from what I've seen they are mostly used to counter each other in higher level play.

Genji can dash out of her ult.

Genji can't do much after that other than wait for the rest of his team to respawn.

In coordinated play her ult is the ultimate game changer. In pubs i sometimes struggle to have teammates that actually call their ults.
I mean, in a coordinated play Genji's ult is better. He doesn't need the team to be bunched up together to kill them.

Besides a Reinhardt or D.va can block all the damage if they get caught in Zayra ult. The same can't be said of Genji ult.

Reddit is already working getting Zarya nerfed now that Genji is neutered.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Zarya Hate Train kick in full force after the next patch drops.

Reddit is already working getting Zarya nerfed now that Genji is neutered.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Zarya Hate Train kick in full force after the next patch drops.
Dammit, Reddit just needs to shut up right now, they're ruining the balance of he game because they know Blizz actually listens to them. Zarya is one of the few perfect characters balance wise.

Anne

I mean, in a coordinated play Genji's ult is better. He doesn't need the team to be bunched up together to kill them.

Besides a Reinhardt or D.va can block all the damage if they get caught in Zayra ult. The same can't be said of Genji ult.

Nah, Whippy is right. If a team gets sucked into Zarya ult they are going to wipe unless they defensive ult. DM and shields don't matter when 6 people are hitting from different angles. You basically have to blow Zen ult to get out of a graviton that lands, and even then Tracer blows that up pretty hard.

Meanwhile Genji needs to be set up to pull sword, he can still be shot out of it, can still be CCed, needs to be taking risks to continue getting kills with it, etc. Sword is still really strong, but it has risks and requires more set up. Zarya is really just catch multiple people in it and they are forced out.

Dammit, Reddit just needs to shut up right now, they're ruining the balance of he game because they know Blizz actually listens to them. Zarya is one of the few perfect characters balance wise.

Rediit were the ones to say Genji was destroying tournaments (he wasn't) and that Lucio wasn't a problem outside of his healing.

Antiwhippy

In coordinated play genji's ult gets shut down hard if he isn't backed by sound barrier/trancendance or isn't in the chaos of a team fight, and even then at my level I've seen plenty of genjis get shut down before even 2 kills.

Thing is genji's ult by itself works best as reactive to a situation, but zarya's ult is proactive in starting the engages. Also rein's shield stands no chance to a sustained attack in a black hole. Dva's is too narrow and is countered by zarya herself who should be fully charged by then.

And really, Zarya should be trying to get the Dva out of her mech before she ults to take away the risk of her ult being eaten. Same with Rein, where she should wait for his shield to be damaged a good bit.

Anne

What the fuck would you change about Zarya? She's perfect.

Well there is merit in saying at some point she might actually be too good. Don't think we're at that point yet, but if she stays at this very high pickrate through another meta it might be worth looking at her damage or ult radius.

Again, don't think she's OP as of right now, but as things progress we could be wrong. I do think she's at the top of the game at least right now and will always be a highly contested pick on koth until another tank comes in that can hang with her flexibility.

Antiwhippy

Zarya is one of those cases where i recognize that she's an insanely strong character but don't really want anything changed about her.

Would be nice if koth isn't just a zarya Winston fest though.

And really, Zarya should be trying to get the Dva out of her mech before she ults to take away the risk of her ult being eaten. Same with Rein, where she should wait for his shield to be damaged a good bit.

Yup, one thing I definitely learned when Zarya started to become my main: deal with the other tank's defenses first before you throw the orb (Reinhardt's shield, Winston's bubble, and get D.Va out of her mech), or there's a good chance you end up wasting it.

And before you hit that Q, make damn sure there's at least one of your allies behind you. So many times I would be nearly dead, and hit the ult. because I figured even if I died, my teammates would be able to avenge me with the enemies all in a tidy group around my corpse... only to find out there were already dead or off getting into skirmishes away from the point. But with good team coordination, I agree that Zarya's ult. is the biggest gamechanger of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom