• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Just played with a Mercy who wouldn't heal me. I literally went right up to her and asked for healing but she wouldn't.

Had a game where our Ana was flming because she couldn't flank and telling my group we were trash. I got 0 heals from her the whole game. lol

Just played with a Mercy who wouldn't heal me. I literally went right up to her and asked for healing but she wouldn't.

I've been noticing recently that they'll be two people in a group, one will pick Mercy and will only stick to their friend, usually a Reaper. They won't help anyone else. So strange.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Okay yeah, she was in a 2 person group. That's beyond dumb.

I had this happen in a comp match before. The group of two picked ana and dva and the ana ONLY ulted his dva friend even though we had a reinhardt and a genji who were trying to let him know they had ults ready.

ughhhh.

Munter

I come across this all the time with healers constantly sticking to their friends in the game. It gets a little frustrating to say the least.

duckroll

When I play Zenyatta, I tend to focus on my friends more than anyone else. That doesn't mean I don't try to heal other players, but it usually means we have a specific strategy in mind, and my friends will probably be playing characters who need to be kept alive for the team combination to work. But if you're not in my group and you're playing a Zarya, you're in luck because I will prioritize you with heals, and your targets with discord! Unless you end up sucking, then I'll just be sad.

But I also try to tell the team if I feel we need a more traditional healer, especially on KotH. Either someone in my group will play a Lucio, or I'll ask for one.

duckroll

Yesterday i had a match with 4 Bastions, 4!!!they Always spammed "we need a healer!" I picked Roadhog, fu## them!!

When I started losing my sanity from playing too much last night just to grind my final lootboxes, we went 5 Mei on Numbani defense once. It did not go well, but it was funny as hell.

Also had a game on Nepal where the enemy team was committed to a 5 Tracer "strategy" all the way to the end. We won, but everyone had fun! L O L.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did a charge off the ramped trailer at the start of Route 66 and splattered a Pharah in mid-air

so that was pretty great

ramyeon

When I play Zenyatta, I tend to focus on my friends more than anyone else. That doesn't mean I don't try to heal other players, but it usually means we have a specific strategy in mind, and my friends will probably be playing characters who need to be kept alive for the team combination to work. But if you're not in my group and you're playing a Zarya, you're in luck because I will prioritize you with heals, and your targets with discord! Unless you end up sucking, then I'll just be sad.

But I also try to tell the team if I feel we need a more traditional healer, especially on KotH. Either someone in my group will play a Lucio, or I'll ask for one.
I mean that's fine, but this Mercy wasn't even healing her friend at the time. I walked up right in front of her since she had ignored me earlier and used the "I need healing" preset and she just wouldn't do it. Really weird.

Switched from Zarya to D.Va last night in a match and managed to push the payload all the way to the end. Ana hit me with her ult. and I was tearing up the enemy up when their Ana put me to sleep just as the match ended. Was pretty funny to hear that all the sound effects are affected by the sleep dart's slo-mo: "Vvvviiiiiccccctttooorrryyyyyyyy..."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The real counter to Tracer isn't any specific character, but understanding how her character "works". This is easier said than done, but I think I've mostly gotten the hang of it now, so killing Tracers are a lot easier. Instead of trying to fight them when they show up, you just let them do whatever it is they think they are doing, and then you turn around and point at the direction the Tracer came from, count to 2 and start shooting. 8/10 times you'll get at least a few body shots in before she tries to run off, it might be enough to kill her, if you get a headshot though, you'll definitely kill her.

I can deal with her when she's on me in a lot of situations.

It's when she's on my healer that's the issue. There's not enough time to deal with her while protecting your healer. It gives her more than enough time to unload an entire clip, kill your healer, and vanish away.

yume_2501

When I started losing my sanity from playing too much last night just to grind my final lootboxes, we went 5 Mei on Numbani defense once. It did not go well, but it was funny as hell.

Also had a game on Nepal where the enemy team was committed to a 5 Tracer "strategy" all the way to the end. We won, but everyone had fun! L O L.

Yeah, i know the feeling. Sometimes is fun and sometimes is not. Some days ago i was playing with a friend vs a team of 4 Tracers that were destroing my friend and the rest of the team. My friend was almost ragequitting, he said "last match for me,enough!" and i said "Just calm down, and pick up Mei. In this game you have to change characters according to the situation. I ll pick up Mei too and you ll see that all the Tracers Will be no more a problem." We won easy after that change :).He was very satisfied and we continued playing a lot of matches after that

I mean that's fine, but this Mercy wasn't even healing her friend at the time. I walked up right in front of her since she had ignored me earlier and used the "I need healing" preset and she just wouldn't do it. Really weird.

Some streamers have pocket Mercy's simply because it allows them to perform better and look better in general. It may have been something like that.

Zereta

Yesterday i had a match with 4 Bastions, 4!!!they Always spammed "we need a healer!" I picked Roadhog, fu## them!!

Mine wasn't nearly as bad but the last guy to pick picked Roadhog even though there was already another Roadhog in the team and kept spamming 'We need a healer'.

We ultimately won without a healer but fuck.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I should have launched my blizzard to save blizzard. :<

Ah well, it was fun grouping up with you randomly. :p I think I'll just wait out this server thing going on.

duckroll

Wow, the best thing about that save is that the Genji was emoting from the moment she fell off, to provide the marker for her to guardian angel. Amazing play lol.

if zarya gets nerfed after blizzard wrecked genji im actually going to uninstall this game
That would give them a 100% record of nerfing my most-played characters (in QP, my top four are Genji, Widow, McCree, Zarya; in competitive, Zarya is #1).

Stop it, Blizzard.

KyleCross

I use to play Mercy a lot, but I just can't handle the abuse anymore. Sick of people blaming me for all their short-comings when I'm doing the best I can.

I use to play Mercy a lot, but I just can't handle the abuse anymore. Sick of people blaming me for all their short-comings when I'm doing the best I can.

God, I had a Hanzo ask if I was retarded because I was holding rez for most of the game. I told him I'm not going to solo rez if I think the other team has ult. Pretty sure he was just upset I didn't rez him.

PotG came up, it was me rezzing after an enemy ult fest. Card came up and I had healed 45% damage taken. Hanzo quit after seeing those.

Question about the current PTR: did they adjust Mercy's ult gain rate to go along with her heal buff?

No, it just feels that way because the charge is tied to how much she heals. She heals faster, she charges faster.

Skii

I played against 6 Meis on Temple of Anubis and actually lost because they managed to stall perfectly on the final point. They just constantly staggered and slowly built ultimate which would always take out 1-2 people.

This is why I hate QP.

Antiwhippy

I played against 6 Meis on Temple of Anubis and actually lost because they managed to stall perfectly on the final point. They just constantly staggered and slowly built ultimate which would always take out 1-2 people.

This is why I hate QP.

Shoot rockets at them from afar.

duckroll

Battle Net as a whole is down, and I didn't hear anything about scheduled maintenance, so I wonder if they're being DDoS'd because it's the last day of summer games.

It isn't maintenance. I was in a game with Antiwhippy on PTR when it happened. Server just started freezing up like The Matrix before it dumped everyone and I couldn't even reconnect to Bnet. DDoS seems likely.

Antiwhippy

Battle Net as a whole is down, and I didn't hear anything about scheduled maintenance, so I wonder if they're being DDoS'd because it's the last day of summer games.

And die to the icicle rain.

Then the meis deserve it honestly. Pharah outdamages mei even with splash.

Blues1990

I don't care if he/she was being that Reaper's pocket healer. That Mercy player was an asshole. :/

Pooya

We have like 12 more hours of Summer Games, right? Maybe I can grind two more boxes.

Last box had 3 epics in it...

One was Winston highlight...
the other epic money...
and dupe Mercy skin. Like cmon game how troll can you be. I've lost hope of getting genji ever but I'm yet to get any of the Tracers. I have all the other skins though, cmon just one Tracer skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom