• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I still suck with his Ult but he's great to fuck around with.

The main thing I had to get down was that I was getting the dash after each elimination. It feels a bit weird. Now I'm zipping around like mad man. With the ult I'm happy to kill one or both supports or their main dps. Anything after that is gravy. Although with the generous timing now (RIP) it's pretty easy to roam around and pick up all the non-tanks.

Hmm.

Blizzard should give us one more month of these summer games as a sorry. And allow us to choose at least one item we'd like.

Give us 1000 Summer credits that we can spend freely on only summer games items. Same prices as the other stuff (Legendary = 1000, Purple = 250, Blue = 75, White = 25). That allows everybody to get at least one Legendary summer skin, or some other stuff.

I want to get the Lucio purples and Torb's victory pose. Haven't gotten them in 150+ boxes which is kinda BS imo.

LiK

The main thing I had to get down was that I was getting the dash after each elimination. It feels a bit weird. Now I'm zipping around like mad man. With the ult I'm happy to kill one or both supports or their main dps. Anything after that is gravy. Although with the generous timing now (RIP) it's pretty easy to roam around and pick up all the non-tanks.

I keep forgetting about his dash. Started using it more often last night and it was good to get kills with it. I need to remember to use it more as a finisher or escape tactic. I really wanna get the 4 kills trophy but we had bad luck last night where most people kept playing Genji or we had a few really good ones. Made trying to get kills insanely hard.

I keep forgetting about his dash. Started using it more often last night and it was good to get kills with it. I need to remember to use it more as a finisher or escape tactic. I really wanna get the 4 kills trophy but we had bad luck last night where most people kept playing Genji or we had a few really good ones. Made trying to get kills insanely hard.

Zarya + _____ = 4 kill trophy

Pilgrimzero

Give us 1000 Summer credits that we can spend freely on only summer games items. Same prices as the other stuff (Legendary = 1000, Purple = 250, Blue = 75, White = 25). That allows everybody to get at least one Legendary summer skin, or some other stuff.

I want to get the Lucio purples and Torb's victory pose. Haven't gotten them in 150+ boxes which is kinda BS imo.

Same here. A ton of boxes and got everything except the main one I wanted.

But at least it gives me a ton of credits for the new stuff around the corner. Like Reins skin and DVas emote.

Yeah, as said, your best option is to play with a reasonably competent Zarya and coordinate your ultimates.
I really ought to do that with someone some time. :p

Same here. A ton of boxes and got everything except the main one I wanted.

But at least it gives me a ton of credits for the new stuff around the corner. Like Reins skin and DVas emote.

Yeah I got a most of the stuff I wanted, but like... starting with box 100 or so, I mostly got duplicates and occasionally a spray or voiceline. In the last 50ish boxes the only new desirable item I got was Nihon Genji.
That said, I got so many credits I was able to buy 3 other legendary skins (Young Ana, Plague Reaper and Sunyatta), as well as some other stuff like intros and emotes I really wanted, and I still have 2k+ credits left over for Sombra or any other new must-have skin.

The last summer box I opened yesterday I got a summer games victory pose and highlight intro... but not the ones I was missing of course.

It's rare that I'm able to catch 4 or more people in a Graviton Surge, and there's usually an enemy Zenyatta or Lucio ult ready whenever I do it. Add to that that Genji can still get killed just as easily during his ult, and this isn't at all as free as you're describing.

Especially not for me since I'm shit.

In my experience, going against all-one-character teams is the easiest way to get the ult trophies.

That depends on the character and the trophy. Good luck getting Pharah's trophy against 6 D.Vas.

I wish it were that easy. Sometimes other people end up killing the group inside before I get there. I think getting Nanoboosted is another good option.

Nanoboost was how I did it.

Pooya

Got the path is closed achievement earlier btw. They had someone stay on Symmetra all the way and I took the opportunity just hunting tps down with D.va. I destroyed four! this is probably the hardest achievement after Zen's one.

I'm missing reapers 3 solo kill achievement too, it seems like you have to play badly to get that and don't reaload. uh..

LiK

Got the path is closed achievement earlier btw. They had someone stay on Symmetra all the way and I took the opportunity just hunting tps down with D.va. I destroyed four! this is probably the hardest achievement after Zen's one.

I was lucky. Went up against a team with 2 Symms and they were putting the teleporters near the same locations. I used Pharah and only focused on taking them out. So happy to get that trophy. They almost killed me before match ended before I got the 3rd one. Such a relief lol

Altho, I also got it again later on without trying in another map with one Symm who was putting them up all around the map. It's fun getting those teleporter destroyed cards.

But then they will go into iceberg mode and just heal up as well as stall on the point before another member trickles in from respawn. It's impossible unless there's like 2 pharahs and 4 Reapers lol.

They can only protect themselves individually with Ice Block, and Ice Wall is completely useless against Pharah.

duckroll

But then they will go into iceberg mode and just heal up as well as stall on the point before another member trickles in from respawn. It's impossible unless there's like 2 pharahs and 4 Reapers lol.

No, all you need is some DPS and a Zenyatta. Then they're all sitting ducks. The only time people have trouble with gimmick teams is when their own team is too uncoordinated to deal with anything.

I'm missing reapers 3 solo kill achievement too, it seems like you have to play badly to get that and don't reaload. uh..

There's several that are super insane, imo.

Lucio's wallriding one, the Zenyatta discord one, Reaper's kill 3 people solo in one clip one, both Symmetra teleporter ones (both the general one and her own - in fact her own is even harder), killing 2 people with a single 76 rocket, and Zarya's keeping 70+% charge for one minute.

T.O.P

Banned
Oh by the way, heard about a big tournament going down this past weekend, is there an archive of it? Never watched pro OW plays so far

Not like i have much to do atm anyway :/

Pooya

Zarya hard counter Mei anyways, easiest game ever. just pick Zarya plus Reaper. Reaper 1 headshot 1 bodyshot kills mei, they are slow it's so easy to land.

Lucio's wallriding one, the Zenyatta discord one, Reaper's kill 3 people solo in one clip one, both Symmetra teleporter ones (both the general one and her own), killing 2 people with a single 76 rocket, and Zarya's keeping 70+% charge for one minute.

Zarya one you get it when you have a good support and a decent team overall, it's not hard to get that, you need some sustain. S76 one is really easy, just shoot the rocket into Gravitron Surge. I got those very early on, I have almost every achievement in evey category now except defense, a lot left there, my tank is complete.

LiK

Lucio's wallriding one, the Zenyatta discord one, Reaper's kill 3 people in one clip one, both Symmetra teleporter ones (both the general one and her own), killing 2 people with a single 76 rocket, and Zarya's keeping 70+% charge for one minute.

Zarya trophies turned out to be pretty easy for me. The Ult one happened the very first time I used her Ult in a KOTH map without even thinking about it. The charged up one isn't too bad. Just keep those bubbles up at all times by bubbling teammate who's closest to the action constantly and only bubbling yourself when they aim at you. Other than that, I was just playing it safe but staying near the front lines. Got it with no frustration only after using her a few times.

Lucio lava and Zen discord trophies are fucking impossible for me.

Lucio's wallriding one, the Zenyatta discord one, Reaper's kill 3 people solo in one clip one, both Symmetra teleporter ones (both the general one and her own - in fact her own is even harder), killing 2 people with a single 76 rocket, and Zarya's keeping 70+% charge for one minute.

Is that considered to be one of the hard ones? I got that super early on just by playing normally, so I have no idea how rare that actually is.

Skii

They can only protect themselves individually with Ice Block, and Ice Wall is completely useless against Pharah.

No, all you need is some DPS and a Zenyatta. Then they're all sitting ducks. The only time people have trouble with gimmick teams is when their own team is too uncoordinated to deal with anything.

You guys do understand that this is QP with randoms against a party of 6 players who are actually good and are using actual tactics to win the fight???

I was the only one using one of Mei's counters with Reaper. There was a Bastion on my team for god sake.

The one time we cleared the point, I go to the right exit to stall them but not a single person on my team thinks to go for the other side and they just go that way again and it was just impossible to recover.

LiK

Is that considered to be one of the hard ones? I got that super early on just by playing normally, so I have no idea how rare that actually is.

yea, I think as long as you stay alive and stick with a group, it comes pretty naturally. Have a healer to keep you alive as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zarya hard counter Mei anyways, easiest game ever. just pick Zarya plus Reaper. Reaper 1 headshot 1 bodyshot kills mei, they are slow it's so easy to land.

Eh, I wouldn't say hard counter. I certainly wouldn't 1 vs 1 out of nowhere but if I see her engaging someone and she has her bubble up already I'm hauling ass over there to freeze and finish her off.

Also I'll just shoot her in the head from afar anyway.

duckroll

You guys do understand that this is QP with randoms against a party of 6 players who are actually good and are using actual tactics to win the fight???

Then the problem isn't 6 Meis, the problem is your were matched into a shit team against a proper team. You would get wiped with pretty much any team comp. Solo queue QP is masochistic. Wait for friends to get online!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I remember getting the zarya charge one awhile ago by abusing a torb turret. It's really easy to keep the charge if you just keep walking in front so it's forced to shoot you. Though, yeah, I think if you play Zarya a good amount it'll come naturally.

The only ones I have left are the lucio wallride, the zen discord, junkrat mine into his trap(seriously how the fuck), reaper solo kills because I reload like a madman, and the widow air headshot since I never really play her.

Oh, forgot I need the ana nanoboost one as well.

LiK

QP wasn't fun last night until we had a full group. Then we had fun even when we were messing around with random heroes.

I remember getting the zarya charge one awhile ago by abusing a torb turret. It's really easy to keep the charge if you just keep walking in front so it's forced to shoot you. Though, yeah, I think if you play Zarya a good amount it'll come naturally.

The only ones I have left are the lucio wallride, the zen discord, junkrat mine into his trap(seriously how the fuck), reaper solo kills because I reload like a madman, and the widow air headshot since I never really play her.

Oh, forgot I need the ana nanoboost one as well.

I got the Junkrat mine into trap by chance. There's no real way to get it easily in a chaotic battle. I recommend just playing him normally in KOTH maps where you have a pretty high chance with it.

I was the only one using one of Mei's counters with Reaper. There was a Bastion on my team for god sake.

The one time we cleared the point, I go to the right exit to stall them but not a single person on my team thinks to go for the other side and they just go that way again and it was just impossible to recover.

That's not supposed to happen. Like, that almost qualifies as a bug in my opinion. If you're team can't deal with enemy tactics, you're either just worse or it doesn't really count.

Of course, stacking isn't exactly balanced, so you're not entirely wrong either.

It's rare that I'm able to catch 4 or more people in a Graviton Surge, and there's usually an enemy Zenyatta or Lucio ult ready whenever I do it. Add to that that Genji can still get killed just as easily during his ult, and this isn't at all as free as you're describing.

Lucio ult actually helps since more people can get hits in (demonstrated below) and it won't save them if there's enough incoming fire. Zen is the one you need to worry about unless its a big burst ult. As for catching a bunch of people it's more about timing it when things are at their most hectic so when a control point is heavily contested then throw it out. For the big catches you need a whole lot of backup (ideally other ults)

Here's I am receiving the blessing of based Zarya

https://gfycat.com/MeatyWickedHusky

and here I am returning the favour to my comrades in arms

https://gfycat.com/KindlyEmbellishedKudu

All hail comrade Zarya

If Zarya gets nerfed I'm deleting this bullshit

Skii

Then the problem isn't 6 Meis, the problem is your were matched into a shit team against a proper team. You would get wiped with pretty much any team comp. Solo queue QP is masochistic. Wait for friends to get online!

That's not supposed to happen. Like, that almost qualifies as a bug in my opinion. If you're team can't deal with enemy tactics, you're either just worse or it doesn't really count.

Of course, stacking isn't exactly balanced, so you're not entirely wrong either.

Whenever I get on, there's only 1-2 people online and I usually can't get them to party up as they are in other parties. I am just eternally stuck with the degenerates in random QP. And the same will happen in competitive as well :(

I think I'm a decent player and whenever I'm with actually gaffers playing, we tend to win 9/10 but when I'm with randoms, I win 4/10 at best.

I know no team of barely competent players should be beaten by 6 Meis but man this is solo queuing in a nutshell (especially on console where you cant get any information across to the team). There is never anything positive coming out of it.

duckroll

Happens all the time on Solo Queue. The matchmaking works with groups well. When I have a group of 4 we are matched against a group of 4. Same with 5 and 6. But when you're solo, all bets are off. One KotH match after another, all of your team is solo, the other side has a group of 4. Yay! So fun!

LiK

i think i'll switch Lucio's jump back into L1 since I'm used to it more playing as Genji. I wanna wallrun like an asshole.

I'm missing a lot of achievements still especially on the Offense/Defense class heroes since I rarely play them, but yeah. At least I got all of the Map-based ones. Hardest of em all. :B

I got the Junkrat mine into trap by chance. There's no real way to get it easily in a chaotic battle. I recommend just playing him normally in KOTH maps where you have a pretty high chance with it.

Yeah same, I got it on Temple of Anubis point B. I had the trap at the entrance and was bombing someone to knock them back and they just accidentally fell into the trap.
Honestly I think if you play Junkrat a good while, you'll get it eventually.

Beckx

I mean that's fine, but this Mercy wasn't even healing her friend at the time. I walked up right in front of her since she had ignored me earlier and used the "I need healing" preset and she just wouldn't do it. Really weird.

I've encountered that. The Mercy does very little then starts buffing/healing the group member at later points. Feels like someone running two accounts. I saw it with a Torbjorn and the players never moved, just stayed in the same place getting buffed turret kills. We lost.

Whenever I get on, there's only 1-2 people online and I usually can't get them to party up as they are in other parties. I am just eternally stuck with the degenerates in random QP. And the same will happen in competitive as well :(

I think I'm a decent player and whenever I'm with actually gaffers playing, we tend to win 9/10 but when I'm with randoms, I win 4/10 at best.

I know no team of barely competent players should be beaten by 6 Meis but man this is solo queuing in a nutshell (especially on console where you cant get any information across to the team). There is never anything positive coming out of it.

If you're on PS4, there's always room for more in our group.

Actually, that's a lie and spots usually fill up quite quickly, but I can add you to the list of people to be potentially invited.

You don't play Mei to win. You play it to make the other team have a bad time.

FTFY

Skii

Happens all the time on Solo Queue. The matchmaking works with groups well. When I have a group of 4 we are matched against a group of 4. Same with 5 and 6. But when you're solo, all bets are off. One KotH match after another, all of your team is solo, the other side has a group of 4. Yay! So fun!

Yeah it happens to me a lot. Somehow the matchmaking thinks that a group of 4 and 2 should be a team whilst the 6 randoms should be a team. It is so infuriating. That's why I try to group up whenever I can even with another person as that will massively improve my odds of winning a game.

i think i'll switch Lucio's jump back into L1 since I'm used to it more playing as Genji. I wanna wallrun like an asshole.

Wallriding is an art imo. Learn it properly and you can stall on places like Temple of Anubis and Liijang tower.

Apathy

I totally disagree with this mindset. 25 is perfect. Having a higher barrier doesn't improve the game for anyone. A player who is lvl25 and actually wants to learn the game more can learn a lot and perform well on Comp. A player who doesn't will still be a liability at lvl250. The perception here is that you want less "trash" in ranked, but that trash are mostly stubborn dumbfucks who are lvl76 but still pick Hanzos, attack Torbs, and do jack shit.
The problem is that at 25 unless someone is actually experienced in an fps game previously, the rank system placement can stick them in the 40's hell (or the new equivalent). They aren't really going to learn anything there other than contempt for their teammates. We got people in the thread that have to deal with that rank and the people there and can attest to what it's like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom