• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

waiTT, I thought that was a GAFfer! LMAO We were WRECKING shop in that group up. Some tight games, but we kept pulling out wins. :D

(this is rest1vih, btw)

Oh it's you! Yeah those were the best run of matches I've had in ages. Haven't been in a 4 man group in months!

And how are you already level 500+ lmao. I'll try to get on tonight so we can get some more games in.

I know the feeling. Psn is undignify. Probably got added through the overwatch gaf community? I'll be on after I eat dinner probably.

Oh, I remember you. We used to group up with the british guys. But I haven't seen them play overwatch since competitive started. That was a good group :(

But yeah I should be on tonight.

I barely play as Zarya on defend points even tho she is my "main" but decided to start

Good lord on Route 66 I used her and had a roadhog random on the team and it was just us on the front line...they never made it past the train. This was like some team usa basketball vs the world shit.

Just disgusting
I still don't like her as much on defense as attack because you can't quite snowball and maintain charge as aggressively, but yeah, I stand next to the other tank and soak their damage. They all have different strengths: Winston lets you build charge the easiest, but you have to hang back more and be cagier yourself; Reinhardt lets you be cavalier and then retreat back to relative safety; with Roadhog you can watch each other's backs and then focus together to get a pick. Graviton/Whole Hog is pretty great, too.

GeeTeeCee

I kinda wish Blizzard would "borrow" the network/group feature from Titanfall 2. I know there's the Overwatch GAF Community on PS4, but it doesn't appear to be particularly active (at least during UK hours), and it would be nice to have an easy method to quickly and painlessly team up with other GAF members within the game itself.

I kinda wish Blizzard would "borrow" the network/group feature from Titanfall 2. I know there's the Overwatch GAF Community on PS4, but it doesn't appear to be particularly active (at least during UK hours), and it would be nice to have an easy method to quickly and painlessly team up with other GAF members within the game itself.
I think they will probably beef up a lot of social/sharing stuff at some point, it's just got pushed behind all the work they've done on competitive, bugfixing, balancing, summer games, etc.

LiK

OW's social features in the game is pretty crap esp on PS4. It doesn't even tell us who's started playing or stopped playing like on PC. Always need to check the friend list in-game.

They need to add stuff like status info so we know if people are playing in a game or just idling or what. Grouping up with individuals is still a pain cuz you can't just join their games and be entered into a group automatically. Even Destiny has that and Destiny allows you to restrict people joining you or not. I dunno, seems so damn basic and their social stuff is so much better implemented in their other games. I wonder why OW is so bad with it.

What the hell do you people actually think of Hanzo?

"Idiot little kids in QP are RUINING it with insta pick Hanzo, we always lose!!"

"Why the FUCK does Hanzo have an instant kill every 10 seconds? Scatter arrow is such bullshit!"

"LMAO the dude shoots tree trunks, how is this fair? Nerf it Blizzard"

"Hanzo takes no skill, it's just spamming arrows until you get lucky"

Why would you not want the 'idiot' on your team to pick the character that takes no skill?

One day we all decided that everyone who playes Hanzo was 12 years old and completely sucked at the game. So everytime we got killed by him we just KNEW that they couldn't of outplayed us. It was all spam and luck, we refuse to believe that anyone could actually get better with him, or maybe that competent people also play Hanzo.

I don't play Hanzo

Olengie

I usually think all Hanzos on my team suck until we win or if the player actually does something productive in the match.

Pilgrimzero

I've been trying to spice things up by playing thematically.

So I am trying to get the payload emp bomb into the underground on kings row, I play a villain or Omni hater.

Or playing Hanamura. Genji wants into the temple. Hanzo wants to keep him out.

Etc. mostly it's all good guys vs bad guys with pro or anti omnic thrown in the mix.

Jellie

Oh it's you! Yeah those were the best run of matches I've had in ages. Haven't been in a 4 man group in months!

And how are you already level 500+ lmao. I'll try to get on tonight so we can get some more games in.

Oh, I remember you. We used to group up with the british guys. But I haven't seen them play overwatch since competitive started. That was a good group :(

But yeah I should be on tonight.
What region are you? I'm EU.

R0ckman

I've been trying to spice things up by playing thematically.

So I am trying to get the payload emp bomb into the underground on kings row, I play a villain or Omni hater.

Or playing Hanamura. Genji wants into the temple. Hanzo wants to keep him out.

Etc. mostly it's all good guys vs bad guys with pro or anti omnic thrown in the mix.

Which characters are omni haters?

xaosslug

i love how OW is set in an alternate-reality/future with hovering cars and whatnot, but the dumpsters look the same. xD

OW has been my GAME since the PS4 beta. I've literally only been playing OW every day. I need halp. >_<

Jellie

i love how OW is set in an alternate-reality/future with hovering cars and whatnot, but the dumpsters look the same. xD

OW has been my GAME since the PS4 beta. I've literally only been playing OW every day. I need halp. >_<
I've only played overwatch since the beta but I'm not even half your level if you're over 500. Even played it during final year exams for university. Are you always in group for 20% bonus or something? What's the secret?
Need to level up to get coins for the new emotes/skins next patch.

"Idiot little kids in QP are RUINING it with insta pick Hanzo, we always lose!!"

"Why the FUCK does Hanzo have an instant kill every 10 seconds? Scatter arrow is such bullshit!"

Why would you not want the 'idiot' on your team to pick the character that takes no skill?

One day we all decided that everyone who playes Hanzo was 12 years old and completely sucked at the game. So everytime we got killed by him we just KNEW that they couldn't of outplayed us. It was all spam and luck, we refuse to believe that anyone could actually get better with him, or maybe that competent people also play Hanzo.

I don't play Hanzo

That's actually a fairly good point there. I haven't played him in a long time, but I always felt that he was a really strong pusher on payload maps and solid on defense for maps like Hanamura when he's close the gate on the first point.

The issue is that people who pick him often stay in sniping range, where he's much less effective, and seem to have absolutely no impact on the game beside tallying up a few kills.

Just the other day, we had someone... I think it was Biscuit... solo cap the last point on Hanamura with D.Va without the suit because we had most of the team tied up in a skirmish off-point, and their Hanzo wouldn't get on the point to contest because he was trying to catch the dancing D.Va with an arrow.

That's what I talk about when I talk about hating Hanzo.

Got in one more loot box before summer games ended - and it was all duplicates. Sigh.

I got everything I wanted except for the Zarya skin and the Junkrat highlight, so I'm not too disappointed overall. Sitting on a decent amount of gold so I'll be waiting to see what else September brings besides the new emotes and Reinhardt's legendaries.

wamberz1

I don't play Hanzo

At the end of the day, people just love to complain about things.
I think Hanzo, Mei and Bastion are perfectly fine. If I got killed by them it's because I made a mistake, not (completely) because of their luck.

xaosslug

I've only played overwatch since the beta but I'm not even half your level if you're over 500. Even played it during final year exams for university. Are you always in group for 20% bonus or something? What's the secret?
Need to level up to get coins for the new emotes/skins next patch.

yeah, try to do groups of 2 or 3, just peeps I've met on the game that have sent friend requests. LOL On weekends I'm usually on all day (off and on) if I don't have any other plans.

Beckx

indeed, Hanzo is so hated by the enemy team, why do people hate when people use him? Better than Widow.

it's the same for all out-of-meta heroes.

if they're on the other team, all the unfair bullshit is hitting you

if they're on your team, they aren't using the unfair bullshit and thus are a liability

i will say hanzo/widow are the most likely to be off somewhere far away on a ledge, spamming the I NEED HEALING button and i hate them with the fury of 1000 red hot suns.

speaking of complaints, we had a player on the enemy team get real, real mad the other day because we used two tanks. dude better buckle up.

Skii

I play Overwatch 3-4 times a week and I'm only rank 60 haha.

cyborg009

Banned
Somehow I save myself from falling off a cliff in Eichenwald buy using Winston ultimate and jumping like 3 times. I even got a kill too lol. I wish I record it tho :(

Haha, I think that was the game where sonicmj's Zarya saved the match when the payload was at the end at least twice with his Graviton Surge. Somehow it was always there right when it was most needed. King's Row right?

yep!

At the end of the day, people just love to complain about things.
I think Hanzo, Mei and Bastion are perfectly fine. If I got killed by them it's because I made a mistake, not (completely) because of their luck.

I feel the same way. However with the buffs on the PTR he feels like a strong usable character again with his main fire, which makes his scatter arrow way too cheap. He can one shot just about anyone with that, which doesn't make sense on a character who can already one shot people. As an archer, he is supposed to be weak in CQC. But he is now exceptionally strong at all ranges. I'd like to see him be weak up close. It's kind of the same problem sniper McCree had: There has to be a weak zone for a character.

I feel the same way. However with the buffs on the PTR he feels like a strong usable character again with his main fire, which makes his scatter arrow way too cheap. He can one shot just about anyone with that, which doesn't make sense on a character who can already one shot people. As an archer, he is supposed to be weak in CQC. But he is now exceptionally strong at all ranges. I'd like to see him be weak up close. It's kind of the same problem sniper McCree had: There has to be a weak zone for a character.

Would it be better if he had to select an ability before drawing the arrow?

LiK

it's the same for all out-of-meta heroes.

if they're on the other team, all the unfair bullshit is hitting you

if they're on your team, they aren't using the unfair bullshit and thus are a liability

i will say hanzo/widow are the most likely to be off somewhere far away on a ledge, spamming the I NEED HEALING button and i hate them with the fury of 1000 red hot suns.

speaking of complaints, we had a player on the enemy team get real, real mad the other day because we used two tanks. dude better buckle up.

two tanks is good. why he get mad?

Beckx

two tanks is good. why he get mad?

"two tanks fucking CHEESE strategy"

not kidding. i think he had issues though, he was also really mad that someone on our team was low rank, because he shouldn't have to play them. in QP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
tumblr_o8pyrbTqDh1vw9rjuo1_540.gif

http://jhano.tumblr.com/post/145863977952/metal-slug-meets-overwatch-check-out-my-patreon

GeeTeeCee

Oh good, Lucioball hasn't gone yet. Time to go for one last summer games loot box, even if most matches devolve into the keepers pinging the ball back and forth to one another until one slips up.

LiK

"two tanks fucking CHEESE strategy"

not kidding. i think he had issues though, he was also really mad that someone on our team was low rank, because he shouldn't have to play them. in QP.

fuck these whiny babies. maybe he should learn to adapt and try to have fun. at least it's not hero stacked.

23rd no Sombra :(

And the ARG has slowed down a ton. And since one of the clues was a day of the dead skeleton, considering Sombra's ethnicity, now people think November 1st.

:'(

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

And the ARG has slowed down a ton. And since one of the clues was a day of the dead skeleton, considering Sombra's ethnicity, now people think November 1st.

They will definitely announce a character before they come in. They going to market and promote that shit.

Seems likely with Blizzcon also being around that time. They might announce her on Nov 1, have her playable there and put her on PTR around that time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom