• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

You're probably adding him on a different region. If you send him a request and you're logged into America BNet, and he's in EU BNet, he won't get the invite unless he swaps over to America BNet.
Which is why I asked what region he's in. :p

Ah. Then I guess a simple changing of regions isn't going to cut it, huh?

Ah. Then I guess a simple changing of regions isn't going to cut it, huh?

You could swap your region to his, but since there's what, 4 regions, it'd be good to know what region their BNet's logged into. Doesn't even matter gameplay wise since you can pick game servers when launching the game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Super late to the Lucio discussion and haven't read all that posts, but: put a cooldown on his crossfade.
kappa?

wamberz1

why does Zarya hate black people???
well she is a known bigot

which is funny whenever you see all the mai waifu zarya posts on tumblr
Wut

Mei doesn't need a buff, just a rework (and I play Mei more than any character).

The main thing that Mei needs is her teammates feeling good that there is a Mei on their team, while also not being buffed to overpowered nightmarish levels.

mei_fix_infographicnkxa4.png

Haha, the hockey puck idea had me laughing out loud. But I could see some crazy plays happening if it were (it won't be) implemented.

Kurita

Breh I fucking hate Genji and his flips all over the place

Him and Tracer are the only characters I legit hate. It's like, not even fun to try facing them.

Anne

I think the biggest difference I notice between low/mid/high level players is how much more well timed ults are by better players. Notice a lot of misplaced ults with lower level players.

This game has done it. It's broken me. I can't play competitive alone, my back hurts from attempting to carry the team and losing to ridiculous crap. Is there anyone willing to team up right now?

Also I think this is my first post in an overwatch ot, sorry I came in salty. 😜

Edit: sorry, I forgot to include that my platform is ps4.

Inversive

Breh I fucking hate Genji and his flips all over the place

Him and Tracer are the only characters I legit hate. It's like, not even fun to try facing them.

He should flip on the players screen too, too unfair that his hitbox is basically nonexistant when he's jumping about like a cunt

Defuser

Zarya is pretty racist towards Omnics, she even have a bias against Genji despite Genji is a human with a cyborg body because of circumstances.

Anne

Zarya is pretty racist towards Omnics, she even have a bias against Genji despite Genji is a human with a cyborg body because of circumstances.

Yeah, her entire region/village was the frontline of the Omnic war. Her story arc involves a lot of issues with all of that stuff.

Nimby

Banned
Playing Sym on Hollywood attack (lol) just wiped the whole team with help from a harmony orb

Roasted Bastion, Mei, Lucio twice, Roadhog, D.Va mech and babby, and their Genji died by my turrets somewhere. gg boys :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
if you're going to instapick a flanker, at least play the right one. not your waifu tracer and your husbando genji when the enemy team has winston and zarya

LiK

Getting frozen and seeing her stupid face shoot you in the head until you die is never not annoying. Mei is not bae.

Beckx

Yeah, her entire region/village was the frontline of the Omnic war. Her story arc involves a lot of issues with all of that stuff.

didn't omnics just attack her village from an old shutdown factory, and that's what sent her to fight? clearly omnics can't be trusted

i mean look what zen did

Anne

didn't omnics just attack her village from an old shutdown factory, and that's what sent her to fight? clearly omnics can't be trusted

Ish. When the production got restarted next to her village it sparked a second Omnic Crisis that is just contained within Russia.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mei is annoying to deal with. So is McCree.

Tracer is beyond that. A decent, not even good, Tracer just leaves you resigned to your fate. You're never going ot hit this person, they're going to constantly be around firing their stupid paddle gun sounding bullshit guns. The only times you'll kill those Tracers is when you're not aiming for them or you're playing junkrat.

Mei is annoying when you get frozen by her. Tracer is beyond annoying and is actually anti-fun.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
High Bandwidth Servers Rollout In Progress

Lylirra said:
Hey everyone,

When we implemented the “High Bandwidth” option to Custom Games back in beta, we also noted that—if the feature performed well and players responded positively to it—we would investigate adding it to other games modes. We’re holding to that promise and are currently in the process of rolling out high bandwidth support globally for PC. This process may take a few weeks for all regions, but once fully deployed all games including those in Quick Play and Competitive Play will be running in high bandwidth mode by default.

So what does that mean? In Overwatch, our high bandwidth option adjusts the game’s client update rate (the frequency at which your client gets updates from the game server) from 21 updates per second to 63 updates per second. This reduces the amount of time between when you complete an action and when your client hears back about the result, which in turn will help make the game feel more responsive.

Since we know that not all internet connections are equal, we’ve also added in tech that will automatically and adaptively scale down your update rate if we find your connection can't keep up. Similarly, because high bandwidth servers (as the name suggests) will increase your bandwidth consumption, we’re also looking to add an option to self-limit your update rate in a future patch.

We’re very excited to be able to roll out this support on PC, and are already exploring how we can bring it to consoles. We hope your experience in Overwatch will be improved as a result, and look forward to hearing your feedback!

Source

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
genji ult + zarya ult is like the most braindead retarded free easy teamwipe combo in the game. just had three games in a row, three teams who did it.

matmanx1

Mei is annoying to deal with. So is McCree.

Tracer is beyond that. A decent, not even good, Tracer just leaves you resigned to your fate. You're never going ot hit this person, they're going to constantly be around firing their stupid paddle gun sounding bullshit guns. The only times you'll kill those Tracers is when you're not aiming for them or you're playing junkrat.

Mei is annoying when you get frozen by her. Tracer is beyond annoying and is actually anti-fun.

Zarya handles Tracer pretty well. Not that you get a lot of kills on a good Tracer but they can actually help you keep her gun charged up and aren't a huge threat to you if you are staying in position. Also, charged up beam to her face makes her blink away pretty quickly and once in a while a lucky alt fire will mess her up good.

Winston is also a deterrent and Zarya and Winston together can make Tracer's life pretty un-fun if they work together.

SZips

If this tickrate update even just slightly reduces the number of times I'm pulled through walls or at near 90-degree angles by Roadhog's chain, then I will be so incredibly happy.

Veelk

Banned
I feel the only way to consistently kill a good tracer is with Roadhog. His hook is the only thing that she can't seem to be able to easily escape. McCree too, if his aim is good. With other characters, it feels like you have to be lucky. Either catch her on a CD or maybe if she's low on health or maybe if she just doesn't react fast enough to the onslaught, but by and large, a tracer that knows when to bail out will be able to do so against any character.

Which is why I'd like Widow to have her old damage back. There's some argument over whether a 150 charge shot is too powerful since you can easily follow it up with another shot on other characters, making her potentially OP, but I feel like Widow being able to oneshot tracer with a body shot is totally fair game. Maybe it can be a console only patch.

She's not nearly as bad as Genji. If anyone needs to be patched out...
Nah good tracers are literally devils.

Bad tracers usually have this pattern in combat,dash x3 then recall.

Good tracers are so unpredictable and its infuriating seeing your health wittle away after each "brrrrrrrr" but you cant find them

So if no one picks to counter you gonna have a bad time.

Luckily good tracers are few and far between in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom