• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

I feel the only way to consistently kill a good tracer is with Roadhog. His hook is the only thing that she can't seem to be able to easily escape. McCree too, if his aim is good. With other characters, it feels like you have to be lucky. Either catch her on a CD or maybe if she's low on health or maybe if she just doesn't react fast enough to the onslaught, but by and large, a tracer that knows when to bail out will be able to do so against any character.

Which is why I'd like Widow to have her old damage back. There's some argument over whether a 150 charge shot is too powerful since you can easily follow it up with another shot on other characters, making her potentially OP, but I feel like Widow being able to oneshot tracer with a body shot is totally fair game. Maybe it can be a console only patch.

Tracer is fine as is on PC and 150 bodyshot Widow just has other problems not worth bring back just to try and kill Tracer. Tracer is another one of those heroes that's like Reaper where they're just really solid DPS picks in most situations.

If you want another gaffer add me KiraFA37#2240, I'm only ranked 43 competitive though...

Thank you Red and ekim for the fun games. Sorry I wasn't at my best, as I couldn't get my groove on today.

All good

The real problem is those fucking orange symbols constantly being present.

Yeah, GGs and apologies for being so bad in competitive. I tried my best, but those players were leagues above my level. :/ I suppose 1 low ranked player can be mitigated, but 3 lower ranked players are bad. That said, I do feel most of my Zarya barriers were solid at least.

I also noticed some pretty heavy rubber banding in the QP matches we did after ekim and his friends left, so I assume that was one of the issues I had, too. Latency stuff is blah.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Good tracers are hella OP on consoles, i guess they're ok on PC but on consoles ... got damn.

Anne

Also I prefaced that with "on PC." I think the console version is very different, but I don't actually know if it's different enough to make a difference on Tracer/Genji. I just know their mobility is raged about constantly on here and reddit by console players, while on PC I never see it. Genji is complained about cause lol sword.

Edit: Also, I'm under the impression that the majority of frequent posters in here play on console anyways.

Guys, Guys I'm so erect Blizz is buffing Mercy again.

Also I prefaced that with "on PC." I think the console version is very different, but I don't actually know if it's different enough to make a difference on Tracer/Genji. I just know their mobility is raged about constantly on here and reddit by console players, while on PC I never see it. Genji is complained about cause lol sword.

Edit: Also, I'm under the impression that the majority of frequent posters in here play on console anyways.

I feel like it's about half PC half console in here, but the biggest spammers posters are console players.

https://www.destructoid.com/overwat...9.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

They've talked about possibly giving her a new ability (an AOE HoT -- or, area-of-effect heal over time, like Regen in the Final Fantasy series), but they're still toying with that idea, and will "help her out in the near future" with "other" things.

Calling it now. Guardian Angel will lose it's target requirement and Res Teammates will have a personal 2 second shield that if shot at will charge Mercy's ULT.

1x

LiK

Good tracers are hella OP on consoles, i guess they're ok on PC but on consoles ... got damn.

our GAF group faced a top 500 Tracer and yes, she literally destroyed all of us by herself. we gave her card Legendary status. we couldn't get anything done at all.

ISOM

I find it incredibly funny that this statement is taken as Seagull, let alone me, saying that they should remove Lucio's healing. Nobody ever said that. Seagull (and I agree with him there) said that Lucio's speed boost is so powerful and has such a profound impact on the game that they could remove Lucio's healing entirely and he would still be a pick in high level play.

Most low to mid level Lucio players don't even use the speed boost all that often. Of course it has little to no impact on your games. But that isn't the point. The point is that at high level of play, Lucio's speed boost is what completely dominates the meta and completely pushes various strategies, and with that characters, out of viability.

So why are you so vehemently defending the speed boost? Clearly it has not much influence on you personally if they reduce its strength. But it definitely ties down the meta in high level play to the point where Lucio has been picked in almost every tournament game ever. Just because other heroes overshadow him (Mercy at launch, Zenyatta right now) does not mean that his impact on the meta should be ignored or is in any way negligible.

I use speedboost all the time with Lucio for escaping out of trouble so I don't know what you're talking about. I'd be fine with a speedbost that only affects Lucio if you want to complain about it so much.

Veelk

Banned
Tracer is fine as is on PC and 150 bodyshot Widow just has other problems not worth bring back just to try and kill Tracer. Tracer is another one of those heroes that's like Reaper where they're just really solid DPS picks in most situations.

I play console though, and it's much harder to get a good bead on tracer there as she jumps around the map. With better accuracy, sure, but without...

As for Widow, I don't disagree, really. The biggest problem is that 150 damage means that the followup shot can kill most players, even not fully charged. I just don't know if that's as big a problem on consoles, where aiming is generally harder.

AngryMoth

How is it that in the rank 50's I consistently get put on teams where I'm the only person that seems capable of dealing with a Bastion. Fml

Beckx

teammate got this hilarious PotG just now

McCree on my team kills one person, then dies, I res them, and McCree ults to wipe out 4 more

i feel like i should've had an assist PotG. but i won the vote so justice was done.

going over 12K healing feels soooo good. gotta shoot for that 14k mark.

I use speedboost all the time with Lucio for escaping out of trouble so I don't know what you're talking about. I'd be fine with a speedbost that only affects Lucio if you want to complain about it so much.

Using it to escape an iffy situation is not the use that is tying down the meta. Anne is much better at giving a much more insightful explanation, and she's posted about why Lucio's speed boost is such a detriment to the current meta in OT4 as well, and perhaps she can contribute to this.

But essentially, the problem isn't uses to run away. The problem is that with speedboost, many of the DPS characters get much more leverage out of it than if they didn't have it. They can (re)position themselves better, and are more difficult to kill as well. And the only answer to it is to bring your own speed boost as well.

Furthermore, if Lucio can get out of a losing engagement/team fight, he can get back to the spawn and play taxi, speedboosting his team back into the fight. Especially on smaller maps like the KotH ones or on certain defense points (e.g. Hanamura or Volskaya points B) this can be a really powerful strategy for Lucio.

Anne

Lucio stuff.

Between that and my last huge post in OT4 about it, I don't think there's anything else for me to say about it at this point.

Either you get it or you don't.

Edit: At this point that the most popular pro streamer has said more damning things than me about it, the stats are insane, and a lot of other high level players and pros are saying the same shit while high MMR solo q is drowning in it. Like, I'm honestly baffled by what logic is making some of the general community think "yeah all of that is wrong, the character is fine." There has to be some next level bullshit happening somewhere that I am oblivious to.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well I was going to save up all my boxes until the 22nd but decided to open them at 20 and got nothing, so yeah, I think I'm done with this game until season 2. I hate ranked, I hate quick play and I hate the RNG boxes that can't even give me a pity GBR player icon I wanted, let alone the GBR Tracer skin. I'm definitely burning out and if I don't take a break I'll quit forever.

I made a video of the unboxing if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8OCMrtLvw

LiK

Finally have a Genji player on my team and he sucks. Why does the refuse to give me a good Genji main.

With regards to the proposed Mei changes to m1: No. Unless it also slows down their aim by 50%, Mei will just be focused down before anything can be done to her. If it does slow down their aim, it will be just as infuriating as freezing while also affecting far more people. They just need to look at her abilities, decreasing m2 delay a bit, and widening the cone on her m1 slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom