• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

Mei is not a problem at all on console. What is happening right now?

i never said she was a problem. Yes, she's annoying. Yes, a good player can be a nightmare. Whatever. But her kit is stacked, and she sure as heck doesn't need a buff that's for sure! Even if Blizz never releases this Mei buff, idek why they would waste resources on internally testing one? Absurd!

i never said she was a problem. Yes, she's annoying. Yes, a good player can be a nightmare. Whatever. But she sure as heck doesn't need a buff, that's for sure! Even if Blizz never releases this Mei buff, idek why they would waste resources on internally testing one? Absurd!
If you are saying she doesn't need a buff because she isn't the weakest character in the game, you're right. If you're saying she doesn't need a buff because she is viable at every level, you're wrong.

xaosslug

If you are saying she doesn't need a buff because she isn't the weakest character in the game, you're right. If you're saying she doesn't need a buff because she is viable at every level, you're wrong.

buffing up a character to counter all the Rein use in comp would certainly make ANY character 'viable at every level' I'm sure! >.>

I'm at rank 58, probably 4 games away from 60. I have to admit, I am cheesing the system a bit by playing with an unranked friend but I'm also playing with two higher level friends so I'm the least guilty in this party.

I do want to find another character to main. I like being Reinhardt but it sucks having to stay on point or on the cart when people are pushing ahead. That's why I think I want to main McCree next.

My aim is alright but I'm not sure how to work his stun effectively. How do you stun Reinhardt's holding their shield and should you always try to use FTH when you're close enough to the person you stunned, even if they're not a tank?

Prelude.

I should probably just stop trying solo queue since it ends up eating the progress I make with a duo/trio. It's really frustrating not seeing anyone ever switching in the whole match but me.

matmanx1

Bought some loot boxes today and ended up with some good stuff. I got American Mcree, both new Lucio skins, Swedish Torb and Zarya's Champion skin. About the only skins that I still want from the Summer games are D.Va's Korean and Nihon Genji (which is probably one of the best looking overall skins in the game, IMO).

Also ended up with nearly 3k gold in prep for new skins which are hopefully coming around soon.

Anne

I'm at rank 58, probably 4 games away from 60. I have to admit, I am cheesing the system a bit by playing with an unranked friend but I'm also playing with two higher level friends so I'm the least guilty in this party.

I do want to find another character to main. I like being Reinhardt but it sucks having to stay on point or on the cart when people are pushing ahead. That's why I think I want to main McCree next.

My aim is alright but I'm not sure how to work his stun effectively. How do you stun Reinhardt's holding their shield and should you always try to use FTH when you're close enough to the person you stunned, even if they're not a tank?

You stun Rein by throwing the flash over his shield. Against Tracer, always headshot her after flash. You generally wanna FtH people with more health, but if they're low just headshot them.

Does stun + headshot kill a full health Tracer?

Fan the hammer doesn't seem to work on her very well. And she is almost always able to rewind before she does.

Anne

Does stun + headshot kill a full health Tracer?

Fan the hammer doesn't seem to work on her very well. And she is almost always able to rewind before she does.

It deals 150 exactly, so yes. Unless she has a Sym shield. So yes, always.

Against anybody with 150 or lower health, just headshot so no RNG and no CDs to escape.

xaosslug

Huh?

Whatever, Mei sucks. That's all there is to it.

Mei's little robot ult thingy being able to pierce Rein's shield will get used loads, and w/ the wider radius it will be even harder for peeps to run from their death. Not to mention her ult charges fast as hell too... so, get ready for Mei to become a mainstay in comp y'all. ha!

i never said she was a problem. Yes, she's annoying. Yes, a good player can be a nightmare. Whatever. But her kit is stacked, and she sure as heck doesn't need a buff that's for sure! Even if Blizz never releases this Mei buff, idek why they would waste resources on internally testing one? Absurd!

Mei doesn't need a buff, just a rework (and I play Mei more than any character).

The main thing that Mei needs is her teammates feeling good that there is a Mei on their team, while also not being buffed to overpowered nightmarish levels.

mei_fix_infographicnkxa4.png

Nazo

Mei doesn't need a buff, just a rework (and I play Mei more than any character).

The main thing that Mei needs is her teammates feeling good that there is a Mei on their team, while also not being buffed to overpowered nightmarish levels.

mei_fix_infographicnkxa4.png

I like all of these Ideas.

Edit: Though I do think It would be cool if a friendly Mei's Ice Wall was semi-transparent, so you could still maintain LOS when its up.

Edit 2: Upon further reflection the changes to her Cryo-Freeze and Ice Wall would probably be unnecessary but the rest of the changes are cool and I would really like to see them in the game.

Banzai

Today I went from 47 to 53 rank points without a single loss in solo q.
Then I went back down to 52, but it's all good.

*snip*

I wonder if Blizzard is willing to completely rework a character like this. Were there any major overhauls of this type in the beta? Would love to see it though, she definitely needs some change.

Anne

I think those Mei ideas are unbalanced, overly complicated, and just show a lack of understanding of OW.

People won't like me saying this, but OW borrows a lot from LoL with how characters have extremely simple kits built around one theme or CD.

Mei's is wall. You pick Mei for wall. All her abilities are built around wall. That's just what she is. Either the game is in a state where wall is good and Mei can capitalize off it, or Mei sucks.

Whether or not people like that is up to them, but if you don't I highly doubt it will suddenly change because the whole game is like this.

Prelude.

I'm Reaper and I'm the only (mobile) dps in the team, they have Mercy and Lucio, I try to focus on Mercy and I probably kill her about 6-7 times in the match. We lose because the comp was bad and whatever, so I tell them that we needed another healer since they were clearly outhealing us and make us waste our ults with their healers' ults, and as I leave I see popping out: "mercy didn't die a single time btw, you could have tried killing her"

TRIGGERED

LiK

i don't play Reaper enough. i think i should get back into playing as him for DPS. still waiting for the refridgerator voice line to drop tho.

Anne

Thanks for the offer, got any tips for knowing when to go in with dragonblade?

General rules are kinda like

-Go in if you're sure you can jump on a squishie or two without getting interrupted
-Go in once your team has a slight advantage and you think you can snowball it, like a 6v5
-If the enemy blows a support ult early like Zenyatta/Lucio, you can punish that by going in once it's done.
-Obvious wombos like Zarya ult, Rein ult, etc.

You generally don't wanna go in if you think a support ult can counter or shut you down, when you can just get focused by being outnumbered or something, when tanks are stacked up tight on the team.

I don't want Mei to get a buff because I loathe playing against her, not because I think she's super strong. But that's not really a valid reason to not buff a character.

Sayad

Yea, most of those ideas are awful except for the cyro-freeze, as it has the potential of creating some fun situations. :3

Also says a lot about the list of suggested changes to buff Mei when the best idea in there is a nerf!

matmanx1

i don't play Reaper enough. i think i should get back into playing as him for DPS. still waiting for the refridgerator voice line to drop tho.

I consider Reaper somewhat cathartic after playing as a Tank or Support who's always being shot at or right in the thick of things. Playing Reaper you can pick your engagements and, for the most part, get to be the hunter instead of the hunted.

I don't find him as interesting as some of the other heroes in terms of mechanics but there's no denying that it can be very satisfying to shotgun some supports in to the ground and then death blossom when no one is expecting it for a multi kill.

Anne

I guess we missed it, but Blizz put out a statement about 60 tick servers: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748474858#post-1

When we implemented the “High Bandwidth” option to Custom Games back in beta, we also noted that—if the feature performed well and players responded positively to it—we would investigate adding it to other games modes. We’re holding to that promise and are currently in the process of rolling out high bandwidth support globally for PC. This process may take a few weeks for all regions, but once fully deployed all games including those in Quick Play and Competitive Play will be running in high bandwidth mode by default.

So what does that mean? In Overwatch, our high bandwidth option adjusts the game’s client update rate (the frequency at which your client gets updates from the game server) from 21 updates per second to 63 updates per second. This reduces the amount of time between when you complete an action and when your client hears back about the result, which in turn will help make the game feel more responsive.

Since we know that not all internet connections are equal, we’ve also added in tech that will automatically and adaptively scale down your update rate if we find your connection can't keep up. Similarly, because high bandwidth servers (as the name suggests) will increase your bandwidth consumption, we’re also looking to add an option to self-limit your update rate in a future patch.

We’re very excited to be able to roll out this support on PC, and are already exploring how we can bring it to consoles. We hope your experience in Overwatch will be improved as a result, and look forward to hearing your feedback!

ekim

Someone wanna play ranked? I'm at 49 and my friend is 61. Another GAFfer also joins us in a couple of minutes.
ekim#21760

Kyolux

So when did this go live? I played earlier this week and I felt like I was crushing people in quick play way more easily than before.

Went 15-20 kills/0-1 deaths with D-va in a few matches. I thought I was just on a roll/playing against baddies.. but come to think of it, the game felt more responsive.

Or was this added yesterday/today? (can't check the link at work)

Anne

So when did this go live? I played earlier this week and I felt like I was crushing people in quick play way more easily than before.

Went 15-20 kills/0-1 deaths with D-va in a few matches. I thought I was just on a roll/playing against baddies.. but come to think of it, the game felt more responsive.

Or was this added yesterday/today? (can't check the link at work)

It started sometime last night.

It started sometime last night.

I was playing comp last night around midnight and had the worst lag I've ever had since I got the game. I hope it's not because of this update. I have to play wireless on my laptop and also have a data cap so this may be bad news for me...

Really? I just sent you another, just in case. By the way, are you on PC, or playing the game on console?

You're probably adding him on a different region. If you send him a request and you're logged into America BNet, and he's in EU BNet, he won't get the invite unless he swaps over to America BNet.
Which is why I asked what region he's in. :p

Anne

I was playing comp last night around midnight and had the worst lag I've ever had since I got the game. I hope it's not because of this update. I have to play wireless on my laptop and also have a data cap so this may be bad news for me...

It does put a slight bit more strain on bandwidth, and a bit more strain on your system in general. There are going to be people that are initially getting lag/system problems from the move :<

Is that why servers been crashing because of the tick rate?

I highly doubt it.

Skii

Yup I'm done with competitive. How can I get 40 eliminations and still lose the game because my fucking team cant stay on the point. I was so much better than the opposition. This was Temple of Anubis btw. I'd literally go in and wipe out 3-4 opponents and not a single person on my team would help me push. I'd obviously die as they start to trickle in from respawn whilst my team are still fucking about outside the temple part doing fuck knows.It was literally 1v6.

And we still managed to get it all the way to the coin toss and we of course had to defend. There was 5 of us and not a single one except for me thought they should engage the opposing team on the point in the final 10 seconds with 90% of the spot captured.

Man I'd rather play quick play at the moment. At least that way I'm not penalised for my own team being absolutely fucking awful at everything.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom