• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
How else will she build walls?

tumblr_o6wh4izaTq1ufq0ayo1_500.jpg

(I really like that list of changes, though I'd agree that a slight decrease to aim move speed would be good too; not 50%, but noticeable).

Trey

I second the "delete Tracer from the game" sentiments. She is just not fun to fight at all, good or bad.

Nimby

Banned
Reading some of those comments about Mei on Blizz forum, would it be too much to have the spray stop movement based abilities? Genji can't dash, Tracer can't blink, D.Va can't boost, etc. I don't how broken that would be though but it seems like a natural buff you can give Mei without changing too much about her.

I also think her right-click could benefit from a slight damage buff and less damage fall-off, it's not hitscan so it would harder to kill people like McCree used to.

just played mei on hanamura. feels good because other team wasn't good lol

built up way too many ults and just throwing them at random lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hitscan mei would be hilarious. You're basically creating a mini mccree except tankier, more mobility options, more survivable, and with one of the best utilities on defense.

Nimby

Banned
Mei (and Bastion/Torb lol) is so misunderstood from a casual viewpoint, it's sorta the same thing when people complain about grapplers in fighters because they deal so much damage off of one move.

It's best to really just ignore that, these characters under-perform where it matters, casual players will learn with time as they get better at the game.

On Sym buffs again, someone on the forums mentioned her shields being percentage based (Tracer getting 15 shields, and Roadhog would get 60 if it was 10% of your HP). I'd still rather a rework here than keeping her crappy shields, I want something more involving and it's hard to keep track of who needs a shield after the start of the round.

I hope they don't cop out and give her a healing ability, she is meant to be support character that doesn't rely on healing.

ramyeon

First game of the day was great, and even better was a win! Got a good feeling about this. Still keen to group up if anyone wants, got pretty much all day free.

Zenyatta: Needs a slight Discord nerf. Either lower % or put it on cool down.
Mei: Change her alt-fire to a lobbed snowball (think Zarya bombs) that don't damage like the icicles do but inflict a very slight movement speed penalty and cap your maximum speed (i.e., it counters a Lucio speed boost). Maybe I'm crazy.
Hanzo: Have Sonic Arrows stay active until you fire another one.
Torbjorn: Alt-fire on the hammer insta-upgrades turret to L2 at the cost of scrap (you still have to hit it with the hammer once though).
Symmetra: Remove the cool down on turret building.
Soldier: Un-nerf the poor guy. There was no reason to screw with his spread in the first place.
Junkrat: I'd like to see Riptire be a little less squishy. I would actually trade slower ult charge for more tire HP.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still find it funny that i can escape dva's self destruct on the payload by crouching out of LoS right next to the payload.

Permanently A

I'm getting sick of being stuck in 40 Ranked hell. Could I get a good team to co-op with me to get me out of it?

Are you on PC? I'm rank 64 so I'm happy to give you the boost so you're playing with rank 50 ish players, that would probably be better than rank 40 players right? I main Lucio and Zenny.

Scorched#1198

everyone add me pls! I have a mic and I'm always looking to group up for that sweet bonus xp whether its qp or comp!

Blues1990

Are you on PC? I'm rank 64 so I'm happy to give you the boost so you're playing with rank 50 ish players, that would probably be better than rank 40 players right? I main Lucio and Zenny.

Scorched#1198

everyone add me pls! I have a mic and I'm always looking to group up for that sweet bonus xp whether its qp or comp!

While I don't have a mic, I will be able to hear you perfectly through the sound channel. So tell me what you want, and I'll do it.

My B.net username is Blues1990#1733

Anne

Scorched#1198

I'm Anne#11112. I can do QP, but for comp I prefer to stick to solo q.

Nudull

Banned
tfw you're three seconds away from losing the match, your whole team wiped out and rushing, and you manage to land on the payload, giving you overtime and the win.

;u;

No one keen to group up on PS4? Thought this would be a better time for it than usual :(

What's your PSN?

ksan

seriously, coin flip is showing that blizz has the same problem as valve
why the fuck do they believe that they're smarter than the best pro teams? im starting to wonder if they have ever encountered a single other person irl ever

arimanius

Just had a guy afk 2 rounds in rank because people didn't play the guys he wanted them too. Just stood outside the spawn shooting the wall. Shit like this is ruining the game quickly for me.

Squire

Banned
why the fuck do they believe that they're smarter than the best pro teams? im starting to wonder if they have ever encountered a single other person irl ever

It's their game to make and maintain. Why should anyone else have the final word? You, pros, or anyone else disagreeing with design/balance choices they make and them being ""wrong"" are not mutually exclusive concepts.

ksan

Just had a guy afk 2 rounds in rank because people didn't play the guys he wanted them too. Just stood outside the spawn shooting the wall. Shit like this is ruining the game quickly for me.

that happens sadly, had a leavever, had a guy who'd emote just before he'd get a leave, and had a guy who would pick symm and afk in base cause he didn't get his hero today, some ppl are like that
It's their game to make and maintain. Why should anyone else have the final word? You, pros, or anyone else disagreeing with design/balance choices they make and them being ""wrong"" are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Because some people know better than them, that's usually how it works in other good games? I mean, do you seriously believe yourself when writing those words? They don't even have an icefrog.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Both are easy to counter with Winston, the true nightmare is a good Pharah and you have no sniping skills to counter with McCree or Widow.

Genji can easily outplay winston sadly. Once his leap is on CD he can't do much.

Zenyatta: Needs a slight Discord nerf. Either lower % or put it on cool down.
Mei: Change her alt-fire to a lobbed snowball (think Zarya bombs) that don't damage like the icicles do but inflict a very slight movement speed penalty and cap your maximum speed (i.e., it counters a Lucio speed boost). Maybe I'm crazy.
Hanzo: Have Sonic Arrows stay active until you fire another one.
Torbjorn: Alt-fire on the hammer insta-upgrades turret to L2 at the cost of scrap (you still have to hit it with the hammer once though).
Symmetra: Remove the cool down on turret building.
Soldier: Un-nerf the poor guy. There was no reason to screw with his spread in the first place.
Junkrat: I'd like to see Riptire be a little less squishy. I would actually trade slower ult charge for more tire HP.

That would make Symm kiiiiinda nuts, since she could literally throw down turrets as fast as they get put down.

I still say that her, Mei, Bastion, and to a lesser extent Hanzo can't really be fixed with standard buff tools; tweaking damage, cooldowns, hitboxes, or even range will either make them OP or useless, without a ton of inbetween space. They need full-on reworks, IMO. Especially Bastion, who is in this weird state of being a righteous pubstomper and a total nonentity in high-level play.

Sudden death is gone in season 2, no reason to complain about it anymore.

So yes, they have been listening to the players.

Just played against a Soldier who was either the best I have ever played on console or they were using a mouse adapter.

I'm salty so guess which I think it was.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
An easy buff for Symmetra not making her have to stop to plant the turrets. She does this awkward little stop to plant the turrets. Letting her move freely while planting turrets would certainly feel better gameplay wise and be a buff.

Blu(e)

Scorched#1198

While I don't have a mic, I will be able to hear you perfectly through the sound channel. So tell me what you want, and I'll do it.

My B.net username is Blues1990#1733

I'm Anne#11112. I can do QP, but for comp I prefer to stick to solo q.

Adding you guys if you want to do some QP/Comp. I mostly play QP but I wouldn't mind some comp if I'm making any actual progress.

Any PSN players on?
Do some quick play and if we're feeling frisky some comp.
SR 63
PSN: killdatninja

Zarya, pharah, soldier 76 and tracer are my best characters.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
>Play competitive
>Be Rank 61
>Get matched with 54 and 46, map Watchpoint: Gibraltar
>Enemy team all above 61
>Have 0:10 Gold Obj. time
4xMFinE.png

>Point out to entire team they're not contesting payload as enemy team gets it all the way up to the last point
>Unsuccessfully defend last point for 1 minute
>Our turn
>Can't get it past 1st checkpoint because team can't kill anything
>Lose
pFjHrz5.jpg

LiK

Won the last few with NoStyle and went back up to 64. Gonna take a break and play more later. Tough competition tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom