• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plesiades

Skycoder thread just disappeared from the blizzard forums!

42YiSwK.gif

KyleCross

It'd be nuts if Sombra was actually Ana, and took over her identity to infiltrate and get closer to certain agents. Would fit her stealth persona, explain why Ana wouldn't even contact her daughter after so long even if she was faking her death, also would explain her odd alt costume with the mask (that we use to think was Sombra).

All they'd have to do after her reveal is give her a passive ability where she goes invisible when motionless. This would allow her to stealth snipe health from enemies or heal her allies with the tradeoff of being rendered temporarily visible after shooting.

It would certainly be something no one has ever done before, and if there's anyone who can afford to make a fake character before the real one, it's Blizzard.

ramyeon

It'd be nuts if Sombra was actually Ana, and took over her identity to infiltrate and get closer to certain agents. Would fit her stealth persona, explain why Ana wouldn't even contact her daughter after so long even if she was faking her death, also would explain her odd alt costume with the mask (that we use to think was Sombra).

All they'd have to do after her reveal is give her a passive ability where she goes invisible when motionless. This would allow her to stealth snipe health from enemies or heal her allies with the tradeoff of being rendered temporarily visible after shooting.

It would certainly be something no one has ever done before, and if there's anyone who can afford to make a fake character before the real one, it's Blizzard.
This is not a good idea. I'm sorry.

I don't think anyone would be satisfied with this.

Edit: Also Ana did contact Pharah. Pharah knows she didn't die - the narration in her origins video was a letter she wrote to Pharah.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think it's safe to say we'll get another "A Moment in Crime" video after the countdown ends.

wamberz1

Australia was nearly destroyed during the Omnic Crisis. Following the war, government officials gifted the country's omnium and the surrounding area to the omnics, hoping to establish a long-term peace accord. This arrangement displaced a large number of the Outback's residents—a scattered collection of survivalists, solar farmers, and people who just wanted to be left alone. Furious over the loss of their homes, some of the displaced turned to violent rebellion. They formed the Australian Liberation Front and struck against the omnium and its robot population to take back their lands. Events continued to escalate until the rebels sabotaged the omnium's fusion core, resulting in an explosion that destroyed the facility, irradiated the region, and littered the Outback with twisted metal and wreckage for kilometers around
Which is why junky and roadhog are mad max characters.
Sydney itself might be fine though.

KyleCross

Edit: Also Ana did contact Pharah. Pharah knows she didn't die - the narration in her origins video was a letter she wrote to Pharah.
Oh, it won't happen. I just thought it'd be nuts.

We don't know when and if Ana ever actually sent that letter. In fact, if Pharah's dialogue prior to Ana's release is any indication, she seemed to be convinced that her mother was dead.

Which is why junky and roadhog are mad max characters.
Sydney itself might be fine though.

Sydney is fine:
350px-Sydney2.jpg

Source: Junkrat/Roadhog comic

ramyeon

We don't know when and if Ana ever actually sent that letter. In fact, if Pharah's dialogue prior to Ana's release is any indication, she seemed to be convinced that her mother was dead.
I remember the devs saying something in the dev stream after her release about it actually not being that long between her "death" and her letting Pharah know.

Regardless, she DOES contact her, this was definitely confirmed on the stream.

Ana = Sombra is silly and needs to be put to rest.

I just got an idea from this.

So think of the vortex shield from Titanfall, where people shoot at it, and they gather up in it and whenever you feel like it, you can shoot that stuff back at them. So you have a hero that has that, but instead of shooting it back at your enemy, you fire it towards teammates and it shoots out an AOE healing gas in any direction you want. His two abilities could also just be two forms of this shield. Your first one is a shield with the healing gas and the other ability is a shield that heals yourself based on how many projectiles you ate. Maybe make it like Dvas DM, where both shields are on a single meter, or just have them be on seperate cooldowns. Then maybe her ult can be an AOE thing that knocks back any enemies in its radius. Boom, support tank. No clue what his/her weapon would be like though. Maybe another melee tank? A character with a sword would be awesome.

What do guys think of this idea? Although I feel this would be very hard to balance and could be OP, but I just thought of it and I thought it was a cool idea.
For real, what do you guys think of this?

I thought it was a cool idea ;_;

Why is there a reaper screenshot?

Basically in the last few weeks or so, there hadn't been any new Sombra hints, so the Sombra detective Discord group sent a "message" to Blizzard/Sombra with that Reaper image. Apparently there's a very slight change to the image that the thread uses that might contain a response.

Plum

Maybe it's because it's 3am but I was legitimately spooked when I clicked that battlenet forum link. Thought something was happening with my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom