• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Cant wait for the Sombra reveal, love stealthe characters. People thought my Tracer was bad, wait until I master this one! Still remember when I actually scared a Genji off the map, he ran from me until he jumped off the map!

Plesiades

dql4uJk.jpg

This is probably nothing, but a long time ago I went into Dorado to look around and found this iPad looking thingy with a hot cup of coffee. Now it's gone.

Just asset cleaning, right?
Or Sombra remote hacked the power plant from there ;)

wamberz1

I'm just sitting here praying Somgbra doesn't have some insta kill backstab
I just really really don't want them to be a copy/paste spy from tf2. Let's see something interesting and original blizarrd!

ramyeon

I'm just sitting here praying Somgbra doesn't have some insta kill backstab
I just really really don't want them to be a copy/paste spy from tf2. Let's see something interesting and original blizarrd!
Genji originally had this kind of ability. They got rid of it and completely reworked him because they said it never felt fair or good to be on the opposite end of it.

I have faith.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man they are really going all out with this Sombra thing.

Love it.

I want Sombra to have some kind of disable, like Ana's anti heal grenade but maybe an AoE that prevents abilities from being used for a few secs.

I want her to be able to cloak (but not attack while cloaked or just after un-cloaking either)

and I want her to have some kind of mobility option.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I want Sombra to have what Blizzard has planned.

Those guys are geniuses, they will give as a fantastic new hero. No matter what her abilities are.

Nazo

I find it really funny that Sombra's user name on battle net is Skycoder.

I'm glad their taking that whole sky code thing and running with it.

Plesiades

Numbani's "Arrivals" screen glitches from time to time. Probably just a new effect tho.

What if all screens suddenly change into Sombra's skull at the same time? :p

R0ckman

Genji originally had this kind of ability. They got rid of it and completely reworked him because they said it never felt fair or good to be on the opposite end of it.

I have faith.

Lol, of course its going to feel bad. I love getting these moves and having them used on me. I've never thought unfair when I've gotten back attacked in other games. I find it fun and exciting and mixes up things. A lot of times these games are a chaotic mess. And there are many times as Tracer Im in their back lines without them knowing just sitting there. I NEED this character to have a OHK move. Or at least for the ult.

ramyeon

Lol, of course its going to feel bad. I love getting these moves and having them used on me. I've never thought unfair when I've gotten back attacked in other games. I find it fun and exciting and mixes up things. A lot of times these games are a chaotic mess. And there are many times as Tracer Im in their back lines without them knowing just sitting there. I NEED this character to have a OHK move. Or at keast for the ult.
Blizzard really don't want stuff in the game that makes the other player feel like they didn't have a fighting chance. Genji's 1HKO isn't the first time they've mentioned removing or tweaking something because it "didn't feel good" for the other player. Reinhardt's wind up on his charge is a result of this too, his original iteration had very little wind up.

And cuts their voice and text chat, even if they're in a group

That would actually probably actually be OP. Even just the invisible thing would make most of the Supports and a few tanks pretty useless.

Do it, Blizz. Make this a DPS and Sombra only game.

edit: actually probably actually

R0ckman

Blizzard really don't want stuff in the game that makes the other player feel like they didn't have a fighting chance. Genji's 1HKO isn't the first time they've mentioned removing or tweaking something because it "didn't feel good" for the other player. Reinhardt's wind up on his charge is a result of this too, his original iteration had very little wind up.

Honestly dont agree with this when we have things like junkrats trap and mine combo, you dont really have a chance against that beyond being alert, same with being aware of possible sneak ups. All you have to do is look at the scoreboard to see sombra is on the enemy team and to be alert. Thats your fighting chance.

darklin0

Banned
The avatar in the Battle.net forums was Day of the Dead inspired, so it's safe to say that she's from Mexico.

Yep, the candy skull gives it away. I know Reaper is of Mexican decent but he does not speak a lick of Spanish. Knowing that Sombra will makes me want to spend all my gold on her once she is released.

ramyeon

Honestly dont agree with this when we have things like junkrats trap and mine combo, you dont really have a chance against that beyond being alert, same with being aware of possible sneak ups. All you have to do is look at the scoreboard to see sombra is on the enemy team and to be alert. Thats your fighting chance.
I don't agree that Junkrat's clearly visible mine and trap combo is comparable to a stealth character with a 1HKO backstab.

Honestly I think that's a silly comparison to draw. But I suppose we'll agree to disagree.

What's sad is that if she's revealed tomorrow, it will be the end of the ARG cavalcade. I was half hoping they'd do something like put in a file in Dorado with a picture paperclipped of a woman and people flip out OMG IS THAT SOMBRA but then it turns out it's just Symmetra's evil(er?) long lost poverty stricken seemingly dead mother Batya Vaswani, also called Asymmetra, where she has 5 turrets on a ever-changing cooldown and a teleport that leads you to a random point on the map and then Blizzard starts more Sombra ARG bullshit and then laughs and laughs about how they actually have no idea how a hacker or whatever would work in this game and Sombra will never actually be in the game or even shown.

Kane1345

Got every skin except tracer GBR skin which is the one I wanted most at the start. I do love the Zarya skin though so I'm content.

Sombra hype!

Anne

I find it really funny that Sombra's user name on battle net is Skycoder.

I'm glad their taking that whole sky code thing and running with it.

They actually put the song somebody made out of the skycode into the game on PTR.

Also if this game adds any more instant kill mechanics I'ma be sad :<

E: All I want out of new characters right now is a utility DPS that isn't shit or tied to static mechanics, or a utility based tank that can be used to fill the Rein/Zarya role.

Squire

Banned
I want Sombra to have some kind of disable, like Ana's anti heal grenade but maybe an AoE that prevents abilities from being used for a few secs.

I want her to be able to cloak (but not attack while cloaked or just after un-cloaking either)

and I want her to have some kind of mobility option.

I'm thinking she's going to a saboteur. She gets enemy lines and annoys them like Tracer or Genji, but she's significantly harder to find does things that make it difficult to push/hold.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They actually put the song somebody made out of the skycode into the game on PTR.

Also if this game adds any more instant kill mechanics I'ma be sad :<

E: All I want out of new characters right now is a utility DPS that isn't shit or tied to static mechanics, or a utility based tank that can be used to fill the Rein/Zarya role.

Eh do we need more tanks really? I feel like that the class that's already pretty well balanced and covered when it comes to utility and diversity. Just need that damn discord to go away.

Somehow landed the most clutch sleep darts yesterday.

A nano boosted ulting reaper FALLING FROM THE SKY. sleep darted before he landed.

A torb going molten core, darted while I was in mid air launched from a rein hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom