• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Eh do we need more tanks really? I feel like that the class that's already pretty well balanced and covered when it comes to utility and diversity. Just need that damn discord to go away.

We really need one more to kind of balance out the Rein/Zarya monopoly on shields I think. The tanks are well balanced and I like them, but the way comps work you're forced into running Rein or Zarya. Neither of them are broken and the other tanks don't need better shields or they'll just break themselves. So following that line of logic introducing a new tank that can really focus on a different way of shielding/mitigation would help fill out that pool.

Every class needs fleshing out though. DPS has it the worst right now in some ways because defense heroes all mostly fall into the DPS slot. There's room for niches to exist in the DPS slot, but for some reason all the niche DPS characters at launch are based around static defense or area control. I don't mind there being lower pickrate or map/comp specific heroes in their own niches. What I'm sick of is that all of these heroes fill the same niche. Would love to have a utility based character in the DPS slot I could run on offense or more fight based comps.

Like the DPS slot has the most heroes, but it also has insane amounts of overlap that is really starting to bug me.

NotLiquid

I still suspect that Sombra is going to play as something of a Defense-style Reaper. Stealth mechanics heavily focused on cloak-and-dagger approaches rather than head on confrontation.

What's sad is that if she's revealed tomorrow, it will be the end of the ARG cavalcade. I was half hoping they'd do something like put in a file in Dorado with a picture paperclipped of a woman and people flip out OMG IS THAT SOMBRA but then it turns out it's just Symmetra's evil(er?) long lost poverty stricken seemingly dead mother Batya Vaswani, also called Asymmetra, where she has 5 turrets on a ever-changing cooldown and a teleport that leads you to a random point on the map and then Blizzard starts more Sombra ARG bullshit and then laughs and laughs about how they actually have no idea how a hacker or whatever would work in this game and Sombra will never actually be in the game or even shown.

As a sick practical joke Sombra ends up becoming the final Overwatch character ever released.

Would be funny if either that or Doomfist.

KyleCross

If Sombra doesn't have a cardboard box emote, I'll be sad.

Her ult should also make the enemy team have a black screen with SOMBRA in the upper right corner for a few seconds.

Anne

I feel like DVa fills that slot but discord ruins everything. :<

I think they could steer her more towards that slot, but the shield she has was already nerfed cause it made her kit overall really oppressive, Why I'm in favor of just adding a new character to fix it and letting the current tanks rock with what they have.

We have a mobile engage tank
We have a big dumb shield tank
A tank that can be ran in the DPS slot that focuses on picks
A tank that can be a flex spot with weaker shields but high DPS and team fighting ability
And then there's another mobile tank that has a weird combination of damage/mitigation mostly focused on harassment and space control

I like all of that and wanna keep it as is. I think having another less mobile tank that can really focus on shielding and mitigation would be great. Something that can drop even the fighting capability of Rein and focus more on sustain and keeping teammates in fights.

LiK

Doing way better as Genji. 19 Elims 1 death. Didn't even die in first round against an entire team of Winstons. Only died once to a Mei in second round cuz she trapped me behind a wall and froze me. Starting to enjoy him and I don't even use triple jump.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think they could steer her more towards that slot, but the shield she has was already nerfed cause it made her kit overall really oppressive, Why I'm in favor of just adding a new character to fix it and letting the current tanks rock with what they have.

We have a mobile engage tank
We have a big dumb shield tank
A tank that can be ran in the DPS slot that focuses on picks
A tank that can be a flex spot with weaker shields but high DPS and team fighting ability
And then there's another mobile tank that has a weird combination of damage/mitigation mostly focused on harassment and space control

I like all of that and wanna keep it as is. I think having another less mobile tank that can really focus on shielding and mitigation would be great. Something that can drop even the fighting capability of Rein and focus more on sustain and keeping teammates in fights.

Shield healer hybrid could be pretty cool.

Anne

Shield healer hybrid could be pretty cool.

I'd love that shit. Right now 2/2/2 is kind of required because there isn't a class that shares utility yet. Feel like that should really be the next big thing Blizz focuses on when it comes to character releases.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There is some sci-fi music in the main menu on the PTR.

I don't think i've ever heard this before.

I'd love that shit. Right now 2/2/2 is kind of required because there isn't a class that shares utility yet. Feel like that should really be the next big thing Blizz focuses on when it comes to character releases.
It would be a cool idea to have hybrid heroes. Have a hero be a defensive tank, or a support tank, or a defensive support, etc. I think they could do some really cool things with that.

Anne

It would be a cool idea to have hybrid heroes. Have a hero be a defensive tank, or a support tank, or a defensive support, etc. I think they could do some really cool things with that.

I want a support tank soooooo bad right now ;w;

I wanna protect my team and offer them health in emergencies or in down time.

A cool idea for a tank is one that can use their own HP to recover other players. It would have to be a cool-down ability. Maybe a giant robot tank that takes pieces off of itself to create armor for other people.

Owzers

what if Sombra was another character with turrets...

what if they were sniper turrets and you had to manually aim with them?

tried out Pharah lat 40/40 and switched Reaper to 60/40 along with roadhog and dva, 70/50 then 70/40 and it's still too fast for me sometimes despite my need to be able to turn quickly, i turn past people all the time when the action gets heated.

Anne

Gimme a tank with:

A good, strong shield like Rein's
a shift that can hop to allies (think Braum from LoL)
an E or gun that can offer emergency health on CD
an ult that can be used as a defensive support ult similar to Zenyatta/Lucio

I don't care if the weapon this thing has is a pool noodle. I just want a kit like this to exist.

I just got an idea from this.

So think of the vortex shield from Titanfall, where people shoot at it, and they gather up in it and whenever you feel like it, you can shoot that stuff back at them. So you have a hero that has that, but instead of shooting it back at your enemy, you fire it towards teammates and it shoots out an AOE healing gas in any direction you want. His two abilities could also just be two forms of this shield. Your first one is a shield with the healing gas and the other ability is a shield that heals yourself based on how many projectiles you ate. Maybe make it like Dvas DM, where both shields are on a single meter, or just have them be on seperate cooldowns. Then maybe her ult can be an AOE thing that knocks back any enemies in its radius. Boom, support tank. No clue what his/her weapon would be like though. Maybe another melee tank? A character with a sword would be awesome.

What do guys think of this idea? Although I feel this would be very hard to balance and could be OP, but I just thought of it and I thought it was a cool idea.

what if Sombra was another character with turrets...

Sombra is a tank with shoulder-mounted turrets.

wqMWK7z.gif

Lol at the fake but I really can't wait to see how she looks and learn her abilities.

Even Ana who is kind of underwhelming to play is a cool hero with an awesome set of skills. I like watching the game grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom