• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my first sextuple ever, with genjis dragonblade.
Never mained him, but I'm gonna miss those combos after the nerf.

I can never get anything done with my Dragonblade attempts. Every time I'm Genji my team is always runnin around with their heads cut off without any synergy and I can at best get two people before everyone on the other team zeroes in on my ass and wipes me off the planet.

KyleCross

Ran into something super fucking odd the other night (I saved a video but haven't clipped it yet). I was shooting the hell out of a Hanzo as D.Va... but his health wasn't going down. No one was healing him, his health bar would only flinch like a pixel.

LiK

Ran into something super fucking odd the other night (I saved a video but haven't clipped it yet). I was shooting the hell out of a Hanzo as D.Va... but his health wasn't going down. No one was healing him, his health bar would only flinch like a pixel.

Must be lag.

R0ckman

Im also not very good with Genji in terms of damage, but I'm very good at a defensive and patient Genji who goes to look for teles and do important tasks like take out Bastions and Mercy. To be honest this is why I'm looking forward to Sombra. I honestly don't think a kill fest is always that fun but more goal oriented things. I did get the 5 kill ult but that was very early in the first month, I think it was the match that I held the payload in overtime single handedly twice on an "everyone on my team kept dying but me" final push. That match was interesting.

JHall

Alright, I'll be on tomorrow evening.

It's funny going back and watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNq4nTA3eMg
It looked so insane at the time, and now I'm 5x the Tracer of that guy playing. Can you imagine if she still had 225 health and 50 was shields? LMAO

Watching the tracer video and that reaper video. It seems to me that most weapons in that build do almost double the amount of damage they do now. The health the heroes displayed probably made sense at the time.

It's funny going back and watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNq4nTA3eMg
Not a fan of Anubis as it is. Can't imagine playing it before all the changes. That second point doorway in the Reaper video is just...yikes.

aBB1F7l.jpg

BLCKATK

Do we have a confirmation on if we can buy the new Rein skin with money or is it just loot boxes like the summer games stuff?

Defuser

I was roadhogg, I ulted and got 4 to 5 people in my hogg and my asshole teammate Mei put the a wall inbetween prevent them from dying. Needless to say they wiped us. FUCK YOU UNSKILLFUL MEI.

Chuck

Still without luck
Took 15 matches of eichenwadle before i saw an attacking team win. And it was really damn hard. I basically had to kill the entire team as junk to get it that last 5 meters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think junkrat is honestly great for the map, at least the second part. Third part and first part are pretty good for him actually because of all the walls and chokepoints, but the second part is too wide open.

Second part is fucking amazing for high noon shenanigans though. I could see that being the common way to open up the attack.

So how does one go about in reducing the amount of times of getting hit or killed? Do you have any strategies of moving around the map, other than be with your team? What do you to reduce enemy fire inflicted, I mean?

hydruxo

So how does one go about in reducing the amount of times of getting hit or killed? Do you have any strategies of moving around the map, other than be with your team? What do you to reduce enemy fire inflicted, I mean?

Depends on your play style / character you're using, but I've found that the most important thing is knowing when to leave a firefight you're likely to lose. A lot of people just try and constantly brute force certain firefights and they'll keep getting killed with nothing to show for it. I know it sounds straight forward but sometimes running off to get health and regrouping is the best option.

ohkay

That depends highly on your character and the map

Azoor

It's dependent on your hero and your role. But overall if you're not someone like Reinhardt who is supposed to protect the team, try not to be in the front lines and move unpredictably.

Also, if you're a support character, NEVER BE ALONE !

NimbusD

ten games in eichenwadel and have yet to see attack win.

this might be a problem...

I've won every game on eichenwadel so far, attack and defense... well except for my last session where I ran into someone finally playing Mei on that level and FML. It's way too easy for her to trap people and separate teams e those tiny fucking corridors. And in the throne room she just got out after ult after ult after ult. Now that he ult actually does shit, I'd love it if they decreased the rate at which she gets it. It was kinda insane in a close quarters area like that.

Antiwhippy

I've won every game on eichenwadel so far, attack and defense... well except for my last session where I ran into someone finally playing Mei on that level and FML. It's way too easy for her to trap people and separate teams e those tiny fucking corridors. And in the throne room she just got out after ult after ult after ult. Now that he ult actually does shit, I'd love it if they decreased the rate at which she gets it. It was kinda insane in a close quarters area like that.

Nope.

It's beautiful.

Leave it.

If you're good with the right clicks though (which is better now that it doesn't whiff even when you've aimed it straight into their heads...) you do build it up insanely fast.

2nd part isn't that great for her though.

Antiwhippy

Eh, would it? Still does less damage than mccrees per second.

Though it does have the perk of one-shotting tracers compared to mccree.

NimbusD

Nope.

It's beautiful.

Leave it.

If you're good with the right clicks though (which is better now that it doesn't whiff even when you've aimed it straight into their heads...) you do build it up insanely fast.

2nd part isn't that great for her though.
Agree to disagree. Yeah the second part isn't the best for her but she still can pull shenanigans from the edges.

Btw reaper is a monster on this level in all parts. Never had so much fun playing him. Luring people into dark hallways to have my Wayne them, teleporing up high to drop down in the open parts. Ugh he's like a ghost in the castle just fading in and out when the time is right.

Jayhawk

Two of the casters from the Gamescom tournament and Rogue's Reinforce discussed issues with production, the backlash from Reddit on some of the critical points made by the casters during the tournament about Reinforce and other players. They go on about these topics for more than an hour for those interested in the competitive Overwatch scene.

https://youtu.be/DYcGow4HiLI?t=32m10s

R0ckman

Meh, didnt notice, she's still McCree chow for me and as Reinhardt I would charge out of it and make sure I kill her in the process. She only caught me in it once. Man makes me want to boot up the game and play this late lol.

I prefer Overwatch as it is now that it's quickplay only. You see a lot of more funny stuff. Ranked was awful with a lot of jug voiced tweenagers crying about people's picks and wanting to do that awful 2-2-2 setup. Yeah having two supports might be ok if your slam pick McCree player was a top 2 percenter instead of XxxGoku-420xxX. Trying to do double support and double tank for most Overwatch players is like having a defensive trilane in a 2k mmr Dota game.

What's that sound squawking in from the voice channel? "Can you switch to a support or tank?" Well sure thing, buddy. I'm gonna support as Hanzo Daddy by carrying your potato rear end to victory and tanking all your badness. Godbless.

Mendrox

So.. Sombra reveal in a few hours? Blizzard forums are fucked up already. The reddit clue threads and the countdown in the forum... please happen!

Edit: of course already discussed every page before me lol

Belfast

I'm really hoping Sombra has some feed-scrambling ability or ult. Screw up your UI, give you false health or numbers, maybe even create decoy/hallucination enemies to distract you for a few seconds. Maybe straight up turn off your interface.

If information is power, I feel messing with the enemy's Intel has to be a core part of her abilities.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

How far away was he?

ekim

I thought about what Sombras skills could be and came up with two scenarios

A

1. E
Mimic every other character sans the Ultimate of the chosen character and you retain the healthpool of Sombra (150-200). Has no cooldown and the enemy team will see you through walls when in mimic mode (like infrasight)

2. Shift
Like Reapers teleport but much faster (like blink in Dishonored)

3. Ultimate
Cloak your whole team for 7 seconds making them nearly invisible. Cannot be activated while in mimic mode.

Primary weapon
A high damage melee weapon that is deadly from behind and has a rather large buildup before striking.

Passive ability
Being nearly inaudible while walking.

B

1. E
Cloak yourself and become invisible but more audible for 15 seconds. Attacking or using any other ability will disable the cloaking.

2. Shift
Have a nearfield infrasight, so you can tell your teammates where the enemy is. You remain immobile in that mode and you can't attack.

3. Ultimate
Activate team damage for the enemy team for 10 seconds.

Primary weapon
A high damage melee weapon that is deadly from behind and has a rather large buildup before striking and making a characteristic sound so the enemy has some time to react.

Passive ability
Can climb walls. Everybody in a radius of 5 meters around Sombra can't be spotted by Infra Sight abilities.

I know that this is not really thought through but I expect something with this theme.

Could be an effect of the DDOS attack. Blizzard's been struggling with it for a day or two now. I've been seeing stuff like positions not updating, hits not registering, new players joining a match and never picking a character, and frequent disconnects. I really hope they can get on top of things soon, because the game is unplayable at times. You can consider yourself lucky if you can finish a game as a 6 v 6.

Even the launcher can't download some pictures off the servers at the moment.
zLx9nnz.png

3. Ultimate
Activate team damage for the enemy team for 10 seconds.
Turning on Friendly Fire would be a pretty interesting ult idea. People would have to be really careful during a push, especially characters who deal splash damage. Maybe it could affect ults too, so that a Zarya Ult will suck up everyone, a Zenyatta heals everyone, etc. It would be an elegant fix for cheap teams turtling up with turrets too. If those turrets can turn on you for a few seconds, people won't be as quick to pick them in quick play final pushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom