• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Soldier was my most played pre nerf.

Went and tried his new form on the PTR.

Daddy-76 is back for real. Did not expect him to get this buff.

The current prediction that's popular is that Mercy is back and Lucio won't be as good of a combo with her or other characters so he might fall out of favor. People were already predicting Pharah being back with a buffed Mercy and a nerfed Zen.

i guess i hope we'll see multiple different comps running. instead of zen/lucio at S tier, Zen/Lucio/Mercy at B/C with comps depending on the map/gametype/phase/other team elements. i could totally see Sym sneaking into E tier for some maps/phases.

darklin0

Banned
What in the hell makes Symmetra more played in that guy's theory?

Dunno but Zen nerf and more Symmetras means my boy Wins is back baby!

winston___overwatch_by_plank_69-d9m78to.png

Rad-

Definitely going to have to try out 76 on the PTR. I had fun trying out Eichenwalde (did I spell that right?) last night. So, potentially 76 edges out Mcree in damage? That would be awkward considering 76's utility and mobility.

76 is now better long range. Sniper 76.

LiK

Lucio ain't dead cuz it's not just his speed that's important. AOE healing plus shields Ulti is still great.

Pachimari

Changes every week and has specific rules/heroes. Also, none of the stats carry over. It's purely for fun.

Brawls have a different ruleset than normal quickly and change weekly. This week, for example, is Attack heroes only, limit 2 of each hero. So you can't play any support, defense or tank heroes.

So is everything ranked? Or is it only in Quick Play that you level up? While Brawl is just casual fun not adding to your profile.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Maybe. But they need to be a great Mercy who won't constantly die to be effective. I guess we'll see how it goes once it's live.
Taimou is talking about the pro scene / high level ranked and not the game as a whole. So your condition would always be met in the pro scene.

Defuser

Ok so I read around, Soldier's buff is almost back to his pre nerf abit slight worst. Thats not bad,so I guess you pick Soldier or McCree now for decent mid range dps.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
She's brutal on consoles apparently.

Consoles are bizzaro world.

Man, I'm not sure what else they could do to her to make her more powerful. She's amazing in the right hands. She has a few hard counters, as should every character in the game, really.

I just really dislike how Pharah keeps being nerf/buff not because they're messing with her but because they keep making other characters completely shit on her.

Things should be a bit better with the Zen nerf but now that Soldier got buffed, now you have both McCree and 74 and they both shit on her.

I really don't know what they can do but I wish they'd do something, she's my main and I've now had to stop playing her a lot since some matches it's just impossible to play her.

Prelude.

Man, I'm not sure what else they could do to her to make her more powerful. She's amazing in the right hands. She has a few hard counters, as should every character in the game, really.
She's in a terrible place in the current live meta, to the point where she's not viable at all unless the enemy team decides she doesn't exist. She can be shut down in a matter of seconds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Consoles are bizzaro world.

She was OP when McCree and Widow got nerfed. Unlike a lot of heroes, Pharah has had her chances and will continue to have them as long as she gets to control an entire environment to herself.
She's in a terrible place in the current live meta, to the point where she's not viable at all unless the enemy team decides she doesn't exist. She can be shut down in a matter of seconds.

A shit load of heroes on the current meta aren't viable. Why is pharah special?

darklin0

Banned
All this Sombra let down has left me hollow inside. I guess it is time to ruin my placements on PTR! Lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Her problem is twofold: one, a couple of her hard counters are generally useful all-around picks (Soldier, McCree), so they show up a LOT, and her ult leaves her incredibly vulnerable. Its like she turns into Bastion for a second, and Bastion is garbage.

Einchy

A shit load of heroes on the current meta aren't viable. Why is pharah special?

She's not? How is saying that other characters aren't viable somehow a counter to wanting Pharah to viable? Every character should be viable.

I brought up Pharaoh because that's the character I like the most, I'm sure people who love Bastion are also annoyed that he kinda sucks now.

Her problem is twofold: one, her hard counters are generally useful all-around picks, so they show up a LOT, and her ult leaves her incredibly vulnerable. Its like she turns into Bastion for a second, and Bastion is garbage.

I've said it before but her ult is pretty much the murder suicide button. It's pretty much impossible to not get killed when using it since it leaves you completely out in the open.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She's not? How is saying that other characters aren't viable somehow a counter to wanting Pharah to viable? Every character should be viable.

I brought up Pharaoh because that's the character I like the most, I'm sure people who love Bastion are also annoyed that he kinda sucks now.

I've said it before but her ult is pretty much the murder suicide button. It's pretty much impossible to not get killed when using it since it leaves you completely out in the open.
You asked if Pharah can be OP for a week or two. She was. Several weeks. Those Bastion fans would tell you that at least you had that week. Something several heroes have NEVER had in the meta. Something Pharah will have again.

Only way it really works is if she springs it when the enemy team is fully engaged and not capable of responding in time, which is only the case in the middle of a team fight, which means that during part of a team fight your Pharah has to be sneaking around behind the enemy team rather than, you know, helping. So it's sort of a catch 22.

Einchy

You asked if Pharah can be OP for a week or two. She was. Several weeks. Those Bastion fans would tell you that at least you had that week. Something several heroes have NEVER had in the meta. Something Pharah will have again.

Did I have to end my post with a big ass S? Asking for a character to be OP is clearly a joke.

Defuser

Pharah is fine. Even back then when Soldier 76 was the only good mid range while widow and McCree was nerfed she still dominated. The reason she fell off the meta because of Zenyatta 50% debuff discord orb. Now Zen discord orb got nerfed and Mercy's heals got buff high chance Pharah is back in the meta.

Where is the latest rounds from the patch notes? My lazy google-ing isn't finding anything. I want to know how excited to be about potential Soldier 76 buffs.

Prelude.

Pharah's not even that awful right now. Zenyatta is really just the problem. In PTR she is great.
Zenyatta was beyond being ridiculous, but she's still a sitting (flying) duck in the sky, they should add some side boost mechanic or something so she can at least strafe a bit.

Zenyatta was beyond being ridiculous, but she's still a sitting (flying) duck in the sky, they should add some side boost mechanic or something so she can at least strafe a bit.

Agreed. Right now she's got her hover/jump tied to space and right click; maybe add a lateral boost on space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom