• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Zenyatta was beyond being ridiculous, but she's still a sitting (flying) duck in the sky, they should add some side boost mechanic or something so she can at least strafe a bit.

Fam I promise you, with Zenyatta not enabling one shots on her she's beyond good. Remember in Pharah meta when pre nerf Soldier couldn't contain her? McCree has only gained 3 meters on his range since then too.

Telling you, she's really good as is. Also they already gave her a sideboost mechanic on her E. Go back and watch Talespin E off a wall into the enemy backline and ult the other Pharmercy before they could react.

darklin0

Banned
from http://playoverwatch.us/

AcYuGEr.png

" ... I saw it too."
" ...In cold blood."
"...No one said nothing."
"Gibraltar"

Edit: Seems like it is fake.

Prelude.

Fam I promise you, with Zenyatta not enabling one shots on her she's beyond good. Remember in Pharah meta when pre nerf Soldier couldn't contain her? McCree has only gained 3 meters on his range since then too.

Telling you, she's really good as is. Also they already gave her a sideboost mechanic on her E. Go back and watch Talespin E off a wall into the enemy backline and ult the other Pharmercy before they could react.
That's not the same thing. The concussive blast can be used as an escape mechanic or as a tool to quickly position yourself for an ult, but she still needs something close to blast herself off, that's not strafing while shooting. If they gave her a bit more fuel, like LiK said, and added a side thrusters mechanic that uses her fuel, she'd be a lot less vulnerable in the sky while reducing her airtime.
I mean, when I'm Pharah and my team clearly doesn't want to counter the other Pharah, I'm the one that has to deal with her and I can actually hit her with my slow ass rockets and no splash damage. We now have both Soldier and McCree in good shape and they're both hitscan, they can clearly take her down before her splash damage kills them while they're strafing. Not to mention the changes to supports that might also bring Ana in.

matmanx1

Pharah's not even that awful right now. Zenyatta is really just the problem. In PTR she is great.

Yeah I had a great match with Pharah last night on the PTR. I had forgotten how much fun she could be.

Yo

Either this is a co-ordinated troll or Sombra is hacking Overwatch personality twitter accounts

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4zefzr/twitter_personalities_are_slowly_being_hacked_by/

Talking about the God program about to be activated

SOMETHING'S HAPPENING

Ok, so on the ESLyob hacked twitter account the background image is of Soldier 76 holding the hand of a little girl who happens to be darker skinned. Coincidence? See here: https://twitter.com/ESLyob

from http://playoverwatch.us/

AcYuGEr.png

" ... I saw it too."
" ...In cold blood."
"...No one said nothing."
"Gibraltar"

Edit: Seems like it is fake.

That's from the same twitter account.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can Pharah be OP for a week or two?
-Pharah may now freely move around while Raining Justice
-Pharah's fuel is now restored with each elimination
-Pharah's Concussive Blast has been replaced with a Homing Rocket
-Pharah's CD's have been reduced by 5s

Anne

That's not the same thing. The concussive blast can be used as an escape mechanic or as a tool to quickly position yourself for an ult, but she still needs something close to blast herself off, that's not strafing while shooting. If they gave her a bit more fuel, like LiK said, and added a side thrusters mechanic that uses her fuel, she'd be a lot less vulnerable in the sky while reducing her airtime.
I mean, when I'm Pharah and my team clearly doesn't want to counter the other Pharah, I'm the one that has to deal with her and I can actually hit her with my slow ass rockets and no splash damage. We now have both Soldier and McCree in good shape and they're both hitscan, they can clearly take her down before her splash damage kills them while they're strafing. Not to mention the changes to supports that might also bring Ana in.

I'm just gonna flat out tell you that you're wrong and this was already proven in the Pharmercy meta. Pharah can and will kill Soldier/McCree before they can kill her unless there's a way to enable 1-2 shotting her. Pharah 2 shots people herself, and with Mercy on her things get nuts fast. We already saw this before.

Mercy being back + Zen losing 1 shot potential means Pharah is looking really good.

Auctopus

I've posted this before but I still wonder, is there a balancing reason as to why Widowmaker's grapple hook has an obnoxiously long cool down time?

Anne

I've posted this before but I still wonder, is there a balancing reason as to why Widowmaker's grapple hook has an obnoxiously long cool down time?

Back when Widow had obscene amounts of damage and the ability to quick scope it would've have been nuts for her to have actual mobility.

That has obviously changed. Grapple should still be limited because her getting a free jump shoot every few seconds or always having an escape would be bullshit. Still might be able to justify knocking a couple seconds off at this point.

Veelk

Banned
Back when Widow had obscene amounts of damage and the ability to quick scope it would've have been nuts for her to have actual mobility.

That has obviously changed. Grapple should still be limited because her getting a free jump shoot every few seconds or always having an escape would be bullshit. Still might be able to justify knocking a couple seconds off at this point.

I would also either buff the damage on her poison mine or else allow players to set down 3 of them. As it is, a single poison does jack shit.

Christ, season 2 can't get here soon enough.

Almost every QP game I've played for the past 4 or 5 days has had double Genjis on both teams.

It's incredibly annoying.

Prelude.

I'm just gonna flat out tell you that you're wrong and this was already proven in the Pharmercy meta. Pharah can and will kill Soldier/McCree before they can kill her unless there's a way to enable 1-2 shotting her. Pharah 2 shots people herself, and with Mercy on her things get nuts fast. We already saw this before.

Mercy being back + Zen losing 1 shot potential means Pharah is looking really good.
She can 2 shot them, but she also needs to actually hit them directly before they kill her, which is something I don't expect a semi-competent team should allow to happen.
Regarding the Pharmercy meta, prefacing that I don't think balacing the game around babysitting a single character is a really good idea because no one does that outside of the pro levels, when that was a thing the game was pretty different than it is now, and it always shined when the hitscans weren't good enough.
But anyway, I guess we'll see, I think she needs a few tweaks and that she's still in a terrible position as it is now.

Rize_21

You know what, if Sombra turns out to be an Omnic, then I wish it's the one we saw in Soldier76's short beaten like a piñata, can't wait to pin it myself with the Glorious Reinhardt :mad:.

e: ^ yup...

Apathy

Ana is just too fun to use, I've only just started using her.

I wish more dps used her. A good mccree player can be deadly/useful with ana. As long as they don't fall into the problem we all run into in that we end up forgetting to heal cause we're having too much fun dpsing

It looks like they decreased Hanzo's projectile size specifically and changed accuracy recovery for Soldier. Details about the latest update:

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on whats been going on the PTR as far as hero changes are concerned.

We just updated the build so feel free to jump on and check it out, but there is a quick change list of what's changed in this update and in the last few days.

Quick melee has changed a bit so that it should feel more consistent with other abilities. The general philosophy here is that quick melee shouldn't interrupt abilities and visa versa. There are a few exceptions to this rule. Quick movement abilities such as Tracer's Blink, Pharah's Jet Boost or Winston's Leap can work while quick melee is firing, so it isn't canceled in those cases. Ultimate abilities should now all cancel quick melee, since they are more rare special abilities that should have a higher priority.

Hanzo is feeling great on the PTR, and a lot of people have given feedback that he might now be too strong with these changes. The goal of these changes is to allow Hanzo players to feel like they have more control over their shots, and skilled Hanzo players can be much more consistent. While this is certainly true now, it might be a bit too easy to land very powerful shots with the combination of his new projectile speed and his old projectile size. So we've lowered his projectile size by 33% in the update that just went out. Overall Hanzo should still feel much better than he does on live, but check him out with this change and keep sending feedback!

The last change was to Soldier: 76's weapon. In the latest update today, you'll find that his weapon spread behaves a bit differently. In general, you'll notice the weapon starts it's spread a bit earlier but recovers the spread much more quickly. The net result of these changes should improve his effectiveness when burst-firing his weapon, and helps get back into a more accurate state quickly when you've hit max spread. The end result should increase his effectiveness at longer ranges.

Most of these changes just went up about 30 minutes ago so feel free to jump onto the PTR and give feedback! Thanks everyone.

I wish more dps used her. A good mccree player can be deadly/useful with ana. As long as they don't fall into the problem we all run into in that we end up forgetting to heal cause we're having too much fun dpsing

Yh she's really good, I feel I'm a lot better at healing with her then I am with Mercy as well, plus a nano boost on a Genji ult is amazing lol.

R0ckman

Interesting hearing people talk about stealth classes. Does the average player not play pvp shooters strategically or calmly? One person was talking about how the Spy class is the least effective class in Fort because its countered by turning around every 10 seconds, but really why would a good Spy constantly be trying to get kills?

To me their most effective at causing players to become paranoid by playing mind games, like I saw a player actually behaving like the enemy, running from their own teammates while in disguise, choosing to ignore players on ocassion to give them breathing room for their paranioa to hit lower points in the match. Only engaging during times of disarray and confusion. I find it interesting, but it feels kind of like what Tracer does but with Tracer she's actually pretty loud and at my play now people don't typically bother with me anymore unless they know Imthey have an upper hand, if I try to play mind games like hide or croutch as her. They just do this "I'm not playing your game" and either get closer to their teammates or try to survive until someone else comes to their aid.

Besides a couple of interesting plays here and there the game as it is now is pretty much an ult clash, that paranioa during the excitement would be great. Unfortunately Reaper doesnt feel stealthy enough for me probably because of the loud gun mode, I've mostly seen failed Reaper flanks.

It literally feels like Blizzard just cucked me. I was so hype over the countdown and now it's nothing.

Interesting hearing people talk about stealth classes. Does the average player not play pvp shooters strategically or calmly?

Looking at the vast majority of OW players? Nope, I honestly believe most of them don't even think.

Soldier change is promising. Part of his appeal on release was how snappy and arcadey he felt. At first it didn't seem like a big change when the burst nerf first hit but it impacted my play with him a great deal with my accuracy stat having plummeted.

That they listened to the whiners and whittled down down the arrow hitbox is eye roll inducing. Once again crummy players on reddit seek to destroy everything beautiful in this world. This change however did reveal a couple of interesting things though. One apparently is that according to the notes projectiles can be decoupled from one another. In the past it seemed like all projectiles were essentially the same object. Whether all projectiles got nerfed or they can adjust each one at will is ambiguous without testing since it's wrapped up in Blizzards fluffy language. If it's the latter I don't like it since if you have different projectile hitboxes it'll make the feel of hitting targets too variable if you switch between different projectile heroes. The other thing that I do think is a positive is that Blizzard has recognized the importance of larger hitboxes for projectile based characters. Some people had hoped this change was temporary and would be completely reverted. That they made this a balancing point shows that's not the case.

Apathy

It looks like they decreased Hanzo's projectile size specifically and changed accuracy recovery for Soldier. Details about the latest update:

Live:

Previously on the PTR:

Current on the PTR:

So instead of the outside of the shoulder it's the inside of the shoulder for a headshot. I'll take it but I'm not completely happy.

Edit: NVM , everyone gets the top of head advantage

Interesting hearing people talk about stealth classes. Does the average player not play pvp shooters strategically or calmly? One person was talking about how the Spy class is the least effective class in Fort because its countered by turning around every 10 seconds, but really why would a good Spy constantly be trying to get kills?

To me their most effective at causing players to become paranoid by playing mind games, like I saw a player actually behaving like the enemy, running from their own teammates while in disguise, choosing to ignore players on ocassion to give them breathing room for their paranioa to hit lower points in the match. Only engaging during times of disarray and confusion. I find it interesting, but it feels kind of like what Tracer does but with Tracer she's actually pretty loud and at my play now people don't typically bother with me anymore unless they know Imthey have an upper hand, if I try to play mind games like hide or croutch as her. They just do this "I'm not playing your game" and either get closer to their teammates or try to survive until someone else comes to their aid.

Besides a couple of interesting plays here and there the game as it is now is pretty much an ult clash, that paranioa during the excitement would be great. Unfortunately Reaper doesnt feel stealthy enough for me probably because of the loud gun mode, I've mostly seen failed Reaper flanks.

Pretty much everything you are saying isn't "casual friendly".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom