• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Spy is the least effective class in higher/top level because teams communicate with each other and generally won't fall for the disguise kit. So the only way a Spy could contribute is to sneak up on and backstab Snipers, Engineers and Medics, and the very moment people know a Spy is in play on the enemy team, they will take measures to protect themselves.
So the only thing that a Spy could do is delay enemy fire, and maybe sneak in the very occasional surprise kill, but beyond that, there's nothing he can do that other DPS classes couldn't do better.

On the other hand, in lower level play, players who don't know how to counter a Spy will generally be stomped by a Spy player who's even slightly competent and knows the maps reasonably well. A decent, let alone a good, Spy player can absolutely dominate an entire game. The reason for that is the instakill mechanic the Spy has, and that low level players don't know how to counter it, as well as the general lack of communication and map awareness in lower level play. This also causes massive amounts of frustration among the less skilled playerbase, to the point that it actually can cause players to quit in frustration.

So the only thing that Blizzard would do introducing a carbon copy of the TF Spy is to have a class that isn't very effective, if at all, at high levels, but completely and utterly shits on everybody who doesn't know how to counter him, i.e. low level players.
And if you don't believe my statement without proof, just look at Bastion: That guy is literally a stationary turret everybody can see and hear from miles away, his turret mode damage output is fairly close to an instant kill mechanic, and he utterly shits on lesser skilled players because they simply do not know how to deal with him.

Just imagine how much anger and frustration the game would produce if you had Bastion but he can go invisible and oneshot you without you even knowing.

Apparently some competetive Fort players say he's not suppose to be mained (obviously) but suppose to be a "for certain situations character", sometimes he works sometimes he doesn't and some do value the fact that they make the enemy team waste time with paranoia Spy checks. As long as you can play another class as default. Not every player handles paranioa the same.

Reminding me of Tracer, I really wish they would give her a line based on chase scenarios. Had a couple of matches where characters ran from me, this soilder ran for his life several times, a Roadhog jumped off of a bridge killing himself purposely after I made him whiff his hook. She really needs a "Aw, come back luv! It'll be ova in a secund!"

They can play musical chairs with the other characters all they want as long as Tracer stays safe. They are responding to nerf cries WAAAAY too much. This is crazy. There is no way they are testing things long enough with how fast they are updating PTR.

Well, Bastion gets his name because when his kind of robot was manufactured, they were called "Bastions" so that's how he got his name. Can't say much about the bird though. But there are people that talk to Bastion. Pretty sure Lucio has a line with him.
There's plenty of banter with Bastion, actually.

Lucio goes "Hey Bastion, beep boop beep boop", and Bastion beepboops in response to it. Zarya tells him that she has killed many of his kind during the war, at which Bastion produces a sad boop. Mei and Zenyatta also have interactions with him, but I forgot what they were... Mei was mentioning something about him helping her with her research, and Zenyatta was like tell me how you feel.

I believe Symmetra and Roadhog have the least interaction with other heroes. Roadhog only interacts with Junkrat, and Symmetra only with Lucio and Torbjörn.

...Oh. Welp, nevermind then!

I guess I've just been unlucky with my banter rolls.

Bastion and Tracer tonight, then! Woo!

duckroll

I think the reason most people don't hear Bastion banter is because if you play Bastion on Attack, you'll be too busy getting abused by the rest of your team over chat, and playing on Attack is when the majority of safe room banter happens. :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Give back Bastion's shield, he's completely helpless if a D.Va ults near him.

And yes you heard that right, i'm talking about a Bastion buff :p

Oh my. I want to see this game so badly now.
giphy.gif

It features a random on our team switching to attack Bastion though.

Apathy

I hate mei so much, and I don't mean when the opposing team has one, I can deal with that, it's when my team has one. Omg just constantly putting up walls at the worst times, taking away my kills or, this one that just pissed me off, i hooked a mercy and our mei puts up a wall to stop her from getting to me, and the mercy resses her team ont he point

duckroll

To be fair, I remember multiple matches of my own where we were defending on Hanamura and King's Row, get curbstomped hard all the way to the final points, 8 minutes left or something ridiculous like that. The enemy teams are completely on fire, we're a mess, morale is zero, but just with a couple of character swaps and a bit of luck, we start to turn it around more and more, and somehow the confidence of the other team starts to erode away, while we get in the rhythm of stacking our ults to counter every push, and eventually win those games. Feels good when that happens. :p

R0ckman

Not to plug my own thread, but don't think I'd want anyone to miss it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1269045

Ughhh this is BS, always online games are getting worse about this, what is the agreement when you join the server? How can they sell you a game that has Mei in it and then later take her out of it when you log on to play? It would literally not be the same product they advertised and sold you anymore.

To be fair, I remember multiple matches of my own where we were defending on Hanamura and King's Row, get curbstomped hard all the way to the final points, 8 minutes left or something ridiculous like that. The enemy teams are completely on fire, we're a mess, morale is zero, but just with a couple of character swaps and a bit of luck, we start to turn it around more and more, and somehow the confidence of the other team starts to erode away, while we get in the rhythm of stacking our ults to counter every push, and eventually win those games. Feels good when that happens. :p
That's exactly what happened but at the most severe level. It was a steamroll of epic proportions. I honestly don't know if anyone on the team had died before we got to the end.

In my head I was envisioning coming to make a post that me Ninja and TJ had created the new Two Zarya + Zenyatta meta for QP. Because we were just absolutely STOMPING them, it was really fun actually. I had never had a game feel more like a win, I would have bet everything I own on it.

R0ckman

Why can't they give McCree two different guns? Peacekeeper and Peacemaker? A gun that has ricochet bullets and a different right click and you can switch between them, ult lets you do some super with both of them? They cant keep screwing around with him with the same kit.

duckroll

It was mainly randoms making bad picks, Genji not dealing with the Bastion, and having a Bastion of our own. Seriously...a Bastion on the last curve of King's Row? lol

Been there, done that. Also seen a useless Widowmaker just standing outside the tunnel in the final approach, never going in. The best one was an attack Sym on the last curve of Kings Row and all she did was put a teleporter right outside the spawn. When you respawn you literally see two teleporters in front of you and the Sym just running back and forth emoting. Sigh.

cyborg009

Banned
I don't know about you guys but I would love to see a new game mode. This fanart had some great ideas.

Maybe after pushing a payload at the end of a stage a boss awakens and you and the opposing team must defeat it. And whoever deals the most damage wins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
76 is a bigger edgelord than Reaper. They play Reaper up as a comicy 80s villain

where as Soldier 76 is A DARK FORMER HERO WHO IS TROUBLED.

Veelk

Banned
Honestly, I'd probably like Soldier more as a character if he was his younger self, with more naivete and optimism.

Honestly, I'd probably like Soldier more as a character if he was his younger self, with more naivete and optimism.

I wish Strike Commander changed his voice lines or something.

So after the PTR wiped my attempts to calibrate, I did it again.

Despite losing more games than I did my last time, I was playing more DPS / Tank characters than my usual supports, and had 3-4 medals on average, 1-2 of them gold.

I placed 400 MMR higher than my previous calibration. Supporting needs to be tweaked to not hamper your rank, I feel.

Also, MCCree and Winston clicked for me tonight. I need to aim better with McCree though...

I keep forgetting Reaper exists in the game because he's so dull to play. The default crosshair for Reaper tells you all you need to know about him. The memes for him though are pretty cute like Reapfield.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I keep forgetting Reaper exists in the game because he's so dull to play. The default crosshair for Reaper tells you all you need to know about him. The memes for him though are pretty cute like Reapfield.

Nah, reaper is fun just for good times run around shooting people.

KyleCross

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reaper is the OW version of the Spy. Just people expect backstabs instead you use giant fucking shotguns.

And both have obnoxiously loud sound effects when they're nearby

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Oh you'll remember him when you need someone to bust open the tanks.

Is it bad that I'm salty that my friend and girlfriend are drunk playing my account and destroying my W/L and overall stats?

It's just QP, I know I shouldn't care, but I kinda do.

Azoor

I don't know about you guys but I would love to see a new game mode. This fanart had some great ideas.

Maybe after pushing a payload at the end of a stage a boss awakens and you and the opposing team must defeat it. And whoever deals the most damage wins.

Then whoever has a Bastion will win.

xaosslug

If we can believe this it's not photoshopped.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748774942

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=64100552cbfb84e53cf13088afba6939f8c2c27e.707063&show=ela

The thing is nobody seems to debunk it, everyone says fake but no one can proof it.
i highly doubt that OP's screenshot is real but if somehow it is then i'm suing blizzard because i didn't get so hyped over this girl for her to look like a rejected jet set radio character

ROTFL

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reaper is the OW version of the Spy. Just people expect backstabs instead you use giant fucking shotguns.

And both have obnoxiously loud sound effects when they're nearby

And yet people still fail to hear it.

"DEATH COOOOOMES" "Oh I better walk away and look out for that asshole"

*Rest of my team gets featured in a reaper POTG*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom