• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you wanted to see what McCree's roll smear looked like with the Mystery Man / Vigilante skin...

http://i.imgur.com/hv4rPdL.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]
There was a gif showing off all of them the other day.

[url]https://gfycat.com/SentimentalAccomplishedConey[/url]

[IMG]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SentimentalAccomplishedConey-size_restricted.gif

Cheers, love!

O9qEXnW.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Definitely. But when you are that nightmare it's alright.

I put up with Genji long enough that I don't feel bad about it. He's even worse on console.

I've been taking a break because the amount of quickplay genji I was seeing. He actually was killing the game for me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Speaking of nanaboost, I had an ana recently that kept boosting junkrat even when rein was available.

That was real weird.

Blues1990

Hi, everyone. I want the game to optimally run my NIVIDA GeForce 950 video card, but I also want it to stay at a consistent 90-150 FPS. Any suggestions?

Windtrick

Hi, everyone. I want the game to optimally run my NIVIDA GeForce 950 video card, but I also want it to stay at a consistent 90-150 FPS. Any suggestions?

Not sure how the 950 performs on OW. I have a old AMD Mobile Firepro and I get a solid 60 at 900p and render at 50%.Drop quality and crank the game and rendering resolution down till you can get those frames. You can fiddle around the settings, but lowering rendering resolution will boost your FPS the most at the cost of things looking blurry, It's how I play and I've become accustomed to it.

zoukka

Speaking of nanaboost, I had an ana recently that kept boosting junkrat even when rein was available.

That was real weird.

I once accidentally boosted Torb instead of Rein and he ended up killing 5 people with his Molten Core (no turret kills).

Rein is overrated.

Antiwhippy

I once accidentally boosted Torb instead of Rein and he ended up killing 5 people with his Molten Core (no turret kills).

Rein is overrated.

You have to blow an ult for that though.

Rein you only need the boost.

My favourite one to boost is still genji.

Satch

Banned
Ok so i was playing against this tracer in like two games, he was really fucking good and he played around his counters really well and he was stomping almost singlehandedly winning the game for his team

so he gets on my team and im like FINALLY THIS SHOULD BE EASY AS FUCK and i pick mccree cuz honestly my accuracy has been pretty ownage lately and tracer and mccree will own tbh, theyre just good picks

so we start playing and we stomp the first round without a healer, super ownage, i was gold in elims the whole time and just fucking up the enemy team, it was great

next round we lose and im like uh but im still playing really well but like the tracer was just fucking shit, like what the fuck. and then the next games the guy was like "our mccree is shit hes not doing anything youre shit dude" and im like wtf i didnt even say anything to you

and i got a card at the end with some percent of total elims which felt ownage but we still lost and he didnt get a card at all lol and i was gold the whole time and like what the fuck kind of fate is that? i lost hard to that POS two games in a row and then he gets on my team and like forgot how to use his fucking keyboard or something

this game sucks

Satch

Banned
you know how people always say "the tracer on the other team is great but the one on my team sucks"

thats literally what happened to me and they were the exact same person

god is dead

Blues1990

Only boost Hog if he has his ult. Only 4 shots in his gun mean most of the boost is often wasted.

Of course. It's a waste if the Roadhog player doesn't have his Ult ready, but I still love it when it happens.

I think the worst moment that I had, was when I accidentally fired Ana's dart at a D.Va that was out of her mech, but she did surprisingly well with landing head shots.

What is the quickest way to levelling up? Just playing quick play matches?

Competitive + playing with a group/friends for the 20% exp buff = usually gets the job done.....but season 2 has not started yet so your stuck on Quick Play. =

One thing to remember is the longer the match goes, the more exp you get (I think...), dont be a dick and screw over your team by stalling though......

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've gotten to the point where I'm comfortable with my sensitivity which means I need to lower it again.

also playing Deus Ex is jarring while playing Overwatch because the sensitivity in that game is SO high

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
solo queue

what you want
lucio-overwatch-5.41.jpg

what you getting
143px-Ana.png

I don't even see Lucio or Mercy in solo queue quick play anymore unless I pick them.
Ana
Ana
Ana
Ana
Zen
Ana
Ana
Ana
Zen
Ana
Ana
I Pick This Character Because Someone Picked Hanzo Already Ana
Zen

Rad-

I use overbuff to even somehow try to track my improvement with certain heroes. The 4 heroes below are who I have been practicing with the past 2 weeks or so. This is for PS4.

Pharah: Not many weeks ago most of those stats were average and now they have been rising to pretty good levels. I'm still inconsistent with her though as I might totally dominate one match single handedly and then next only get like 8 eliminations. I need to improve that. She is also a hero for me with who I need the most "warm up" time. What I mean is that if I play a hitscan hero for a while then I can't hit anything with Pharah anymore until I have warmed up with her a bit.
pv39TiK.jpg

Winston: Again most of the stats were average or below average not long ago so there has been improvement. I still feel like I die too much. I need to try to be less aggressive at times.
bCC8HBK.jpg

Tracer: She is such a weird one for me. I can have a game where I feel like I didn't do much and I still end up with crazy amount of eliminations. I guess it's because she gets so many kill assists. I also really don't understand how my stats look so high for her as I feel like I have tons more to improve with her. Not many great Tracer players on PS4 maybe?
ifjEcKq.jpg

Zarya: Stats show mostly just average or above average but few weeks ago they were below average so there has been improvement. It's funny but she is the hero out of these 4 who I feel like I help the team the most constantly and I guess that shows in the good win rate. She is also the only hero with who I have gotten several 10+ votes. Improvement wise I need to deal more damage with her and get more eliminations.
DJ97msu.jpg

I think I'm also adding Soldier to that mix now that they buffed him.

Anne

Now even iddqd is saying Lucio will be used less. Is it truly that bad? It can't seriously be that bad.

I know I'm late, but there's a comp that is known as "The Cancer Comp" in the esports community atm.

Lucio / Zenyatta / Zarya / Winston / Tracer / Genji

That team is really just bash your big stuff up against the other team with speed boost and you might accidentally win. All of it still works in the PTR minus Genji/Lucio, but because the main enabler is speedboost it's a whole lot worse. You can't just Amp and win any fight off of like 2 McCree shots anymore.

That's kind of the thing with how top level play was working. McCree/Genji could carry a game by really just getting damage/picks/ults and then Lucio enables the entire team to win off that. Lucio moves about "one second slower" with the lowered speedboost, which is enough time for a team to reasonably respond to that happening. That one second sounds like a little, but to anybody who's been in esports before we know it's life/death stuff by a pretty wide margin.

So Lucio stuff is about one second slower, Zenyatta nerf makes killing targets one McCree shot slower, and things like Pharmercy are keeping people able to fight for longer. It's probably better at that point to just run Mercy/X in most cases because you're gonna be better in a longer fight and have rez too.

Lucio rush strats I can see still being a thing that works, it's just that it went from extremely low risk/high reward to something that can actually be fought by a safer type of strat. Other options are safer and more appealing than that right now.

The real question is if we're gonna see another "this is always the best risk/reward" support combo, or if between Lucio/Symm/Mercy/Ana/Zen we're gonna see combinations of at least 3/4 of them in different strats. I don't have that answer. All I do know is whatever comes up can't be more brainless and one sided than Lucio/Zen strats.

So this is why I can't find Competitive Play anywhere?

yup yup

Antiwhippy

Hopefully though we don't go back to the meta where who wins is decided by who had the best pharah or whose mercy can play mgs the best.

Anne

Hopefully though we don't go back to the meta where who wins is decided by who had the best pharah or whose mercy can play mgs the best.

Hopefully. I get the feeling there are going to be popular comps that work like that. All I hope is that isn't the only possible type of base comp to use at high level. The variation of strats in the last two patch cycles were pretty grim. They existed but they were all built around mass rez or rush > wipe.

Kysen

Mercy ult charge being almost as good as pre-nerf means I can finally go back to playing her. Lucio is just too passive imo, healing is brainless on him and his damage sucks. Glad I wont have to run him anymore.

Zen is in a nice place on PTR with the projectile change, easy headshots.

Antiwhippy

Eh, if you play speedbost lucio he's the opposite of passive honestly. It's all about getting into the fray and landing those headshots.

I'm just glad i can continue making zen my main healer. Still think he's kinda op but whatever.

Ana is probably my favourite in the whole cast. Been using her more recently and I think she's starting to be my favourite to play as, too. She is way too fun, especially in a group.

Greddleok

Hey that Overbuff is a cool site.

My D.Va stats aren't terrible (for someone who's had the game for a day), except for my damage, which was way low.

Any tips on how to increase the damage? Other than just being way more aggressive...

Jellie

Hey that Overbuff is a cool site.

My D.Va stats aren't terrible (for someone who's had the game for a day), except for my damage, which was way low.

Any tips on how to increase the damage? Other than just being way more aggressive...
You have to pretty much be in their face to do any damage. Big damage drop off if you aren't.

Skii

To be fair, I remember multiple matches of my own where we were defending on Hanamura and King's Row, get curbstomped hard all the way to the final points, 8 minutes left or something ridiculous like that. The enemy teams are completely on fire, we're a mess, morale is zero, but just with a couple of character swaps and a bit of luck, we start to turn it around more and more, and somehow the confidence of the other team starts to erode away, while we get in the rhythm of stacking our ults to counter every push, and eventually win those games. Feels good when that happens. :p

Yeah a lot of the time, we'll be getting absolutely destroyed but me switching to Reaper changes the game massively especially when I'm on Hanumura/Kings Row defending the final point. I don't know if that means I'm playing other heroes so badly or that I'm playing Reaper that well on those maps lol.

Azoor

Been playing Symmetra as of late and she rocks ! It's fun to strategically put on the turrets, the portal and shielding my teammates whenever I can.

Antiwhippy

Yeah a lot of the time, we'll be getting absolutely destroyed but me switching to Reaper changes the game massively especially when I'm on Hanumura/Kings Row defending the final point. I don't know if that means I'm playing other heroes so badly or that I'm playing Reaper that well on those maps lol.

Reaper is pretty damn good on any map with a lot of close quarter engagements.

Blues1990

For the Eichenwalde map, is there new character-specific dialogue that is triggered? I'm pretty sure that Reinhardt would say something, but it's been pretty silent all-round for most of my playtime on that map on the PTR server.

Antiwhippy

For the Eichenwalde map, is there new character-specific dialogue that is triggered? I'm pretty sure that Reinhardt would say something, but it's been pretty silent all-round for most of my playtime on that map on the PTR server.

He says "i will recover my master's armor"

hydruxo

The new Rein skin pales in comparison to both Blackheart and Stoneheart. Too bad.

I don't care for the Greifhardt skin as much but Balderich is fucking awesome. Tbh though all of Rein's legendary skins are great. He easily has the best looking skins.

Mantrox

All of the matches this week have been weird (PC).
I'm lvl 99 atm and lately matchmaking groups me up with 10 20 30's players.

And you get a mix of soldier 76's standing still, tracers not blinking and Mcree's flash bangin' their shoes xD

It makes for some very quick wins or some very quick losses, no in between, kinda sucks :x

Oh, and Torb stacks galore ofc... Love it when nobody says anything, and the first time some one speaks is to tell ME, to change to a different tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom