• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

He says "i will recover my master's armor"

I think today I heard him say that he has recovered/is wearing his master's armor if you have Balderich equipped.

He also says stuff about too much blood of his people being spilled, and also another line about many crusaders falling here.

Blues1990

He says "i will recover my master's armor"

I think today I heard him say that he has recovered/is wearing his master's armor if you have Balderich equipped.

He also says stuff about too much blood of his people being spilled, and also another line about many crusaders falling here.

Jesus, that's really heavy. I'm surprised I haven't heard the above during my playtime on that map.

Now I want to hear any other lines of dialogue, as there must be some exchange between Reinhardt and Bastion on that map.

Speaking of nanaboost, I had an ana recently that kept boosting junkrat even when rein was available.

That was real weird.

I did this the other day, but I had tried to nanaboost Rein first, and he just sat there with his shield on the payload and didn't utilize it at all.

I've been nanoboosting random people lately just to see what happens.

LiK

Seems like trying to get the Naptime trophy is impossible against an Ulting Genji. Hit him a few times before and it never popped. Guess I'll just try it against Pharah and some tanks instead.

Tensketch

Seems like trying to get the Naptime trophy is impossible against an Ulting Genji. Hit him a few times before and it never popped. Guess I'll just try it against Pharah and some tanks instead.

I lucked out and got it on the first day of Ana being made available against a roadhog. That split second where I saw him affix the funnel thing to his gun was enough time for me to fire it off.

LiK

I lucked out and got it on the first day of Ana being made available against a roadhog. That split second where I saw him affix the funnel thing to his gun was enough time for me to fire it off.

yea, i was having bad luck. when i was playing as Ana in solo q, no one picked Roadhog in other team. got plenty of stacking Genjis tho!

R0ckman

Lol it's the McCree thing all over again. Looks similar to my 94th % Tracer.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/xx_BATMANx/heroes/tracer

I guess it's just an MMR thing, so the best way to move up is just play more.

Although I will say that if you don't feel like you are doing well with Tracer then there's definitely something wrong. A good Tracer game feels fantastic.

I'm PC where its easier to deal with her and players actually run from me and on occasion purposely kill themselves. Maybe Tracer has retched BO.

R0ckman

All of the matches this week have been weird (PC).
I'm lvl 99 atm and lately matchmaking groups me up with 10 20 30's players.

And you get a mix of soldier 76's standing still, tracers not blinking and Mcree's flash bangin' their shoes xD

It makes for some very quick wins or some very quick losses, no in between, kinda sucks :x

Oh, and Torb stacks galore ofc... Love it when nobody says anything, and the first time some one speaks is to tell ME, to change to a different tank...

McCrees flash bang is not always reliable I saw some straight BS when using it on PTR threw it to the side of Genji and both on my screen and on his he reacted with deflect after it was too late and it still counted as a deflect. Threw one at an enemy McCree landed pretty close to him it did nothing, his stunned me and he also stunned someone who he missed and it flashes behind them.

protonium

I find that interrupting McCree's ult is the easiest because people often do it behind your team where you're likely sniping, he moves incredibly slowly and his ult doesn't insta-kill you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a really fucking annoying issue where there was a guy who did not pick at all for the entire duration of the match, yet is able to stay on the whole game. Either there's a really game breaking bug going on because this essentially reduced you to 5v6, or you can use macros to essentially make the game think you're busy.

Fuck that.

matmanx1

I wish Strike Commander changed his voice lines or something.

So after the PTR wiped my attempts to calibrate, I did it again.

Despite losing more games than I did my last time, I was playing more DPS / Tank characters than my usual supports, and had 3-4 medals on average, 1-2 of them gold.

I placed 400 MMR higher than my previous calibration. Supporting needs to be tweaked to not hamper your rank, I feel.

Also, MCCree and Winston clicked for me tonight. I need to aim better with McCree though...

Ugh, not this again. I know it is anecdotal but I am considering running the same sort of experiment. Play my 10 placement matches as support, wait until the PTR is wiped, and then play them again as dps and see what happens. I don't want to believe that Blizzard would allow something like this to actually happen but you never know.

you know how people always say "the tracer on the other team is great but the one on my team sucks"

thats literally what happened to me and they were the exact same person

god is dead

Rofl. People do have bad games and great games and Tracer is certainly one of those characters where it is possible to be really inconsistent if you aren't extremely experienced with her.

Eh, if you play speedbost lucio he's the opposite of passive honestly. It's all about getting into the fray and landing those headshots.

I'm just glad i can continue making zen my main healer. Still think he's kinda op but whatever.

I agree. Lucio is very fun to mix it up with. Using his mobility and speed is key to the character.

Skii

For some reason, I never got the Genji trophy for killing 4 people during Dragon blade. But I know I have. Does comboing ultimates negate the trophy unlock?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
god is dead
LXc4P66.gif

LiK

For some reason, I never got the Genji trophy for killing 4 people during Dragon blade. But I know I have. Does comboing ultimates negate the trophy unlock?

was it actually a killing blow or just an elimination? if it's the latter, you may not get it cuz someone else probably got the killing blow before you did. basically, the kill feed should show you killed all 4 guys.

Apathy

Been playing Symmetra as of late and she rocks ! It's fun to strategically put on the turrets, the portal and shielding my teammates whenever I can.

You'll love the new map in D. The first choke underpass is amazing for turrets and lots of places hidden away for your portal that is hard to get to so it's safe

For the Eichenwalde map, is there new character-specific dialogue that is triggered? I'm pretty sure that Reinhardt would say something, but it's been pretty silent all-round for most of my playtime on that map on the PTR server.

Rein has a line that says something about his master being from the town and dying in the town. Zarya has one were she days she won't let what happened to her home happen here.

matmanx1

Force gaming has a new video discussing Supports and their placement and rank gain relative to other types of heroes for Season 2. It's only about 5 minutes long and it is worth checking out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGytrJSSi6k

It sounds like to me that Blizzard most certainly has some tweaking to do in regards to how individual performance affects rank gain. Basically, it appears that if you are playing support on a very strong team that is consistently winning their engagements and are therefore not needing a ton of healing then you will get less skill rank for a victory than the dps guys are getting.

On the PTR some teams are reporting their supports not being able to que with them anymore after the placement matches because the Rank has gotten wide enough that the system will no longer allow them to group together despite them having the same win/loss record. Obviously, this is a pretty big problem that needs a fairly quick solution.

Thoughts?

Ugh, not this again. I know it is anecdotal but I am considering running the same sort of experiment. Play my 10 placement matches as support, wait until the PTR is wiped, and then play them again as dps and see what happens. I don't want to believe that Blizzard would allow something like this to actually happen but you never know.

I'd say my first run I played around 80% support, 20% Tank / Defense / DPS. Won 2, lost 7, tied 1.

Put at around 1400 MMR.

My second PTR run, I played around 80% DPS,10% Tank / Defense, 10% Support. Often switching from DPS to support in the same match, then back.

Won 1, tied 2, lost 7.

Put at 1800 MMR.

I mean it's still Silver, but that's a hell of a gap when each win gets you maybe 100 MMR or so.

Can someone explain going lower with sensitivity? Seems counter intuitive in my brain.

Less aim jitter when moving, helps you line up headshots easier as you're less likely to overshoot people when you whip the mouse around. Requires more hand movement but that's easy to adjust to.

As for Nanoboost, I was Nanoboosted as S76 right after I popped ult. It was incredible. Felt like playing Terran during Wings of Liberty...

Beckx

Kaplan posted this in response to someone with the same concern a day or two ago:

We're pulling the data right now to check on how each hero and each role is performing when it comes to placement matches. We're actively doing some analysis on this right now. I know you're looking for a list of immediate actions we're going to take but I don't have that for you right now. We're in the analysis stage at this point. It's harder for us to get good data on the PTR so we want to be careful before leaping to conclusions.

then followed up with this:

I am loathe to ask for anecdotal evidence on this but I want to see if this matches your perception...

Ignoring Season 1 Placement (too much has changed since then so please disregard)

AND

Ignoring Season 2 PTR placement from BEFORE the reset (we changed a bunch of things)

SO...

...For those who placed a SECOND time on the PTR ****ONLY****...

(wow, that's a lot of rules...but stay with me here)

...from our data it seems like Zenyatta and Ana mains should be ok? But Mercy and Lucio might have placed lower? Does that sound accurate to what you're seeing? Or is there still the blanket statement that "all supports place lower" -- would appreciate your input if you meet the criteria above...

(ironically, if all of this is true, then Junkrat mains placed very low as well...FWIW)

thread: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748606456

I'm not sure, but I don't think it counts Swift Strike kills towards the trophy. I believe you have to get all four kills with the actual blade.

antitrop

When I play Soldier I just try to look out for everyone on the team. My crowning moments aren't when I push the payload, because in my day we would've had it there already or when I have the enemy in my sights or when I get Q of the game. It's when I force Mei into her icebox before she can kill our healer, it's when I pepper shots at Genji and then finish him off with a Helix rocket, it's when a tank shouts I need healing and no Support is around, but I've got a biotic field to spare. God bless god and god bless Soldier 76
BCCY4su.gif
*salutes*

LiK

Soldier biotic field is secretly one of the best support abilities. I always drop it in payload maps and it pretty much saves people who are charging in as Attack.

Anne

Can someone explain going lower with sensitivity? Seems counter intuitive in my brain.

Precision aiming. It's a lot less likely for you to overshoot or make a small mistake in moving your cursor if it moves slower. To make up for the lowered speed in the event you need to your cursor a long distance, you start to use your forearm to move your mouse those distances.

We usually measure this with cm/360. How many centimeters you have to move your mouse horizontally to do a full 360 degree turn. The number is calculated based off the DPI of your mouse and whatever the in game sens is set to since it's just a multiple of the DPI.

This is all on PC of course. On console on'es ability to turn is strictly limited by the amount of space the analog stick can travel as well as the sens.

Beckx

so kaplan's post about supports (and then the reference to Junkrat) suggests that accuracy with weapon fire may be heavily weighted in determining your SR. i know with Lucio I am just constantly shooting the gun as i race around, and that my accuracy with Lucio is half that of my accuracy with Zarya (at comparable playtimes).

LiK

Ok, now it makes sense. on PC, lower sensitivity means faster aiming while on console, raising it is what makes it faster. No wonder people were saying opposite things here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom