• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

A good Mei is invaluable as Rein had one on my team in Eichenwalde who would only put up her wall when I died to hold them off until I got back.

Anne

Ok, now it makes sense. on PC, lower sensitivity means faster aiming while on console, raising it is what makes it faster. No wonder people were saying opposite things here.

Well, lower sens doesn't make it faster, but it makes it easier to go fast, yeah. It just makes it so that if you wanna go faster and do those micro level corrections you have more precision. If you go too low on PC it's still too slow. You basically want it as low as you can possibly get while still being to do a 180 easily on your mousepad.

LiK

Well, lower sens doesn't make it faster, but it makes it easier to go fast, yeah. It just makes it so that if you wanna go faster and do those micro level corrections you have more precision. If you go too low on PC it's still too slow. You basically want it as low as you can possibly get while still being to do a 180 easily on your mousepad.

yea, i know what it does. i'm just saying that you need to adjust them to opposite ends between PC and consoles. so when i said i raised my sensitivity numerically, PC guys were asking me if i meant lowering them.

Beckx

you know, one of the smartest things OW does is have friendly characters automatically call out "behind you" when you're taking fire from behind.

peakish

Ok, now it makes sense. on PC, lower sensitivity means faster aiming while on console, raising it is what makes it faster. No wonder people were saying opposite things here.
Nah, you had it right before. Higher sens on PC means turning faster. Edit: Or am I just not understanding what "faster" means here?

Anne

yea, i know what it does. i'm just saying that you need to adjust them to opposite ends between PC and consoles. so when i said i raised my sensitivity numerically, PC guys were asking me if i meant lowering them.

That's silly. Yeah, when I moved to PC and started learning CS I had to work really hard to get my sens lower because on console I was used to opposite logic.

Also, getting a new mouse today. Really excited to upgrade.

LiK

you know, one of the smartest things OW does is have friendly characters automatically call out "behind you" when you're taking fire from behind.

calling out turrets and snipers is also great.

That's silly. Yeah, when I moved to PC and started learning CS I had to work really hard to get my sens lower because on console I was used to opposite logic.

yup, it's stupid that they did that between PC and console for the sensitivity settings. I ordered a SCUF controller for PS4 this week. I'm excited too.

matmanx1

Which one, if I may ask?

antitrop

Soldier biotic field is secretly one of the best support abilities. I always drop it in payload maps and it pretty much saves people who are charging in as Attack.
Ya, it's especially good in those Quick Play games where you're only healer is an Ana.

It does so, so many smart things with voice lines, including subtle psychology boosts like nearby friendly heroes complimenting you on your kills.

Anne

Which one, if I may ask?

Zowie FK1.

I was on a G600 for a bit cause I used to play games that style of mouse is good for. The issue is it's a bit big for my smaller hands and the sensor in it is honestly pretty shit for FPS stuff. It didn't bother me too much until I started to push myself into doing flicks and snaps. That tiny delay and accel attached to that sensor has been pissing me off to no end.

Hoping the nice sensor in the Zowie and the smaller shell help me get over that.

yup, it's stupid that they did that between PC and console for the sensitivity settings. I ordered a SCUF controller for PS4 this week. I'm excited too.

Whats the advantage to having a scuf controller in OW on PS4? What would you be mapping to the back peddles?

LiK

Whats the advantage to having a scuf controller in OW on PS4? What would you be mapping to the back peddles?

yea, i dunno what to map to paddles yet. will need to do some testing in QP. altho i just want a higher quality controller than the DS4. it has good reviews so i'll try it out.

so kaplan's post about supports (and then the reference to Junkrat) suggests that accuracy with weapon fire may be heavily weighted in determining your SR. i know with Lucio I am just constantly shooting the gun as i race around, and that my accuracy with Lucio is half that of my accuracy with Zarya (at comparable playtimes).

Do you mind linking the source? I find it difficult to believe Blizzard thinks that Weapon Accuracy weighs that heavily towards SR.

TFW you join a competitive match and people are actually talking strategy on mic.

TFW your whole team actually gets behind Reinhardt.

TFW your Lucio speed boosts everyone through the chokepoint.

TFW you crack open the defense like a tin can.

TFW you do this with a team of six solo queuers.

TFW they all say "goodbye" and you never see them again.

cyborg009

Banned

Does the enemy team hear that as well? one time I stuck behind a enemy sniper with Pharah and she yelled out enemy sniper. And widow had a reaction without me doing anything.

Anne

Speaking of mice, what cm/360 do people here play on?

I'm at 31.5cm/360 and keep McCree/Soldier at 34.6 cm/360. My mousepad is 14in wide, so roughly 35cm.

handy dandy calculator:https://jscalc.io/calc/IeBnNvGDKUIIPRmR

It's a good idea to know this in relation to the size of your mousepad if you don't already know it btw :x

I played soldier a little on the PTR yesterday and the change feels really good. I was managing to get some good burst damage on mercy and pharah from a good distance. He will be in a much better spot when this goes live.

When I play Soldier I just try to look out for everyone on the team. My crowning moments aren't when I push the payload, because in my day we would've had it there already or when I have the enemy in my sights or when I get Q of the game. It's when I force Mei into her icebox before she can kill our healer, it's when I pepper shots at Genji and then finish him off with a Helix rocket, it's when a tank shouts I need healing and no Support is around, but I've got a biotic field to spare. God bless god and god bless Soldier 76
BCCY4su.gif

image.php

yume_2501

a lot of ana today on PS4, what's going on? And btw when no one choosed a support character i picked up her :p Very fun character to use in some situations (i have put to sleep a Roadhog with his super at least 3 times in a match XD )

Paltheos

Biotic Field's really cool. Since we're also on the subject of voice lines, one of the things I wish the game did is give a team, map-wide announcement of putting down a field since I could sometimes use healing and only accidentally stumble upon a field a Soldier's put down. Having Soldier see allies' health just like the full healers would be neat too. Sometimes my teammates ask for it, but I'd like to see if they're low on health so I can plant a healing zone right by them.

Beckx

Do you mind linking the source? I find it difficult to believe Blizzard thinks that Weapon Accuracy weighs that heavily towards SR.

people are guessing that it's weapon accuracy - guessing at what the common thread is between Mercy, Lucio, and Junkrat that would cause all three to be disadvanted in SR.

Kaplan identified those three as potentially impacted, but didn't say why. Accuracy sounds plausible given how those heroes's weapons work and how they are played. But you are right, there could be another common thread. Whatever it is, hopefully the issue gets resolved.

(the kaplan posts are right above my post that you quoted)

Azoor

What's the difference between a good Pharah and a bad Pharah ?

A good Pharah doesn't forget that the ability Concussive Blast exists and uses it strategically.

LiK

people are guessing that it's weapon accuracy - guessing at what the common thread is between Mercy, Lucio, and Junkrat that would cause all three to be disadvanted in SR.

Kaplan identified those three as potentially impacted, but didn't say why. Accuracy sounds plausible given how those heroes's weapons work and how they are played. But you are right, there could be another common thread. Whatever it is, hopefully the issue gets resolved.

(the kaplan posts are right above my post that you quoted)

Glad to see they acknowledge that.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

This is real weird, since spamming Genji shurikens and spamming Junkrat grenades at headshot level is basically what you do to get surprise kills and get your ult charged up. Does anyone actually have an average accuracy over 40%?

My favorite 1V1 thing to do is shoot at Genji, then stop shooting and watch him waste his reflect while looking like a dork.

Then I shoot him.

Wait, Junkrat is at an MMR disadvantage? I love playing Junkrat. Go figure lol.

Biotic Field's really cool. Since we're also on the subject of voice lines, one of the things I wish the game did is give a team, map-wide announcement of putting down a field since I could sometimes use healing and only accidentally stumble upon a field a Soldier's put down. Having Soldier see allies' health just like the full healers would be neat too. Sometimes my teammates ask for it, but I'd like to see if they're low on health so I can plant a healing zone right by them.

There's a controls option for Zarya and S76 (All chars on the PTR I think?) that lets you see teammate's health bars :)

R0ckman

Why is it so common to get teams afraid of pushing? I see it a lot as Tracer. If I'm in the back lines I still see my blue arrows hovering together in tje same area usually peeking around a corner potshotting.

LiK

My Junkrat accuracy is always 20% or above. Never seen it go below that. Doesn't matter how well or badly I do. Not even sure how it calculates the accuracy with him. So yea, not surprised if my MMR is fucked because I mained him in Comp.

I'm at 31.5cm/360 and keep McCree/Soldier at 34.6 cm/360. My mousepad is 14in wide, so roughly 35cm.

It's a good idea to know this in relation to the size of your mousepad if you don't already know it btw :x
I play with a tiny keyboard tray that pulls out from my undersized desk, so I do everything exclusively from the wrist and make tiny movements. It's awesome!

(It's not awesome.)

I'm at, like, 10cm/360.

pelicansurf

Oh cool, I've always wondered about this.

400 dpi, 58 sens, 5.972 sens in cm/360

In retrospect, this seems wrong. 2 inches is def not a 360... I think.

Beckx

My Junkrat accuracy is always 20% or above. Never seen it go below that. Doesn't matter how well or badly I do. Not even sure how it calculates the accuracy with him. So yea, not surprised if my MMR is fucked because I mained him in Comp.

yeah, my Lucio is 20 and my Zarya is 40. but i'm still betting that wins matter a whole lot more and I win more with Lucio.

How did you console peeps do competitive for S1? Solo queue or with 1 - 5 friends? I'm thinking about actually trying it in S2 and am wondering if turning on public chat is going to be necessary if my roomie isn't home to join me.

pelicansurf

How did you console peeps do competitive for S1? Solo queue or with 1 - 5 friends? I'm thinking about actually trying it in S2 and am wondering if turning on public chat is going to be necessary if my roomie isn't home to join me.

For comp, unless you're all really good, you want to solo-duo queue.

Beckx

Kaplan update - fix on the way!:

Thanks for the input, guys. This is really helpful. A lot of what you're saying aligns with what we're seeing.

We've made so many changes since Season 1 that the data from that Season is not relevant anymore. Also, we made significant changes after the placement reset on the PTR. So our sample size is limited in evaluating this. It's also somewhat tainted because much of the feedback we get is either Season 1 holdover feedback or pre-"placement reset" Season 2 feedback. So trying to separate out all of the old issues from possible current new ones is challenging.

What it looks like to us is:

--Zen places fine
--Ana places fine
--Mercy places low (fix in flight)
--Lucio places really low (fix in flight)

There were other heroes (non-support) who were placing too high and too low... and there are fixes in flight for these as well. This should further help to balance things out... hopefully. We'll keep a very close eye on this and continue to make improvements as needed.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748606456?page=16#post-308

exYle

I currently have jump and crouch mapped to my paddles, but I only ever really use jump. There isn't another face button that I really need quick access to. I tried having melee on the back but it felt unnatural and in twitch moments I was still using the right stick to melee, so I switched it back to crouch.

It's easier to teabag fast though lmao

LiK

Started out solo and it went badly most of the time with some good win streaks. Grouped up and did better most of the time. Full groups is a mixed bag because sometimes you get stomped by some really good full groups. Partial groups is the best I think.

For comp, unless you're all really good, you want to solo-duo queue.
My friends and I think duo/trio is best. Four- or five-man is the worst, because you can end up with two randoms versus a coordinated full team.

Also, you don't all have to be really good to do well as a full team, but you do need to have actual roles, heroes and general strategies figured out amongst yourselves.

Nazo

I know a lot of people are probably sick of hearing about it at this point but I've been thinking a lot about the Sombra ARG since yesterday and I've been thinking about writing up a big critique of it up to this point. I'm not sure if anyone will care but If anyone does I'll write it up. I just don't want to clog up the thread with a huge wall of text no one will care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom