• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Reinhardt would be a hard character to place anyway. How do you measure his effectiveness? Just because you blocked a lot of incoming damage doesn't necessarily mean you helped your team (not saying you specifically didn't, just speaking in general). I think blizzard is in a tricky situation with non DPS class usefulness in a game, since if a DPS is killing a lot, doing a lot of damage, and not dying much then they're probably being useful. For tanks and supports it's a tougher problem to solve

Tbh it's not that hard. There's one definitive stat that, over the course of your competitive career, will absolutely determine your play effectiveness, and it's the exact same for every hero on the roster: W/L. Eventually, you're either an asset to your team and win more games than you lose, or you're a weight on them and you lose more than you win. 10 games isn't enough to get a real proper sample of that, but it'd still be a damn sight better than individual stat placements.

Ramirez

Tbh it's not that hard. There's one definitive stat that, over the course of your competitive career, will absolutely determine your play effectiveness, and it's the exact same for every hero on the roster: W/L. Eventually, you're either an asset to your team and win more games than you lose, or you're a weight on them and you lose more than you win. 10 games isn't enough to get a real proper sample of that, but it'd still be a damn sight better than individual stat placements.

Maybe in parties, but solo there are some games there's absolutely nothing more you could do and still lose. I'd like to see it judge you solely on your team and competition in the match you're playing. There are so many variables that can effect the difference between one Roadhog (or whatever character) and another in a seperate game, I just don't understand ranking people based on that at all.

LiK

Loot box gods like me tonight. Keep getting new purples and yellows. 4 boxes so far with new good stuff. No dupes at all.

Satch

Banned
Yep, this is exactly how it should be

Theres no way to quantify all the variables that can make a team tick and have that be reflected appropriately in the amount of points you get on an individual basis. The way I see it, you either win as a team or you lose as a team. Thats what it should be all about. Anything else gets people trying to trick the metrics

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/769289983987322880

Got it!

2016-08-2701_26_14-4t5wjrc.png
is this a sombra hint

Had a QP with the other team going 4 Dva, 2 lucio on kings row.

First we just tried a regular comp to no avail, then we went 2 zarya, 2 zen, 1 rein, 1 bastion

It was a complete slaughter after that.

Bastion ult with double zarya shield stacking as well as beams shredding through defense matrix....brutal

Blues1990

I have to deal with a team that was composed of Reinhardt, Mercy, Symmetra, Bastion, Junkrat, and Mei. After losing that match, that same team switched up to four Tracers, a Reaper, and a Lucio.

I didn't know what to expect.

giphy.gif

Beckx

Playing comp PTR tonight and another several games where the team just clicked. I'm going to see it as a good sign now when the solos ask to make sure our group is in team chat.

One match though the three randoms literally spammed I Need Healing the whole match. We pasted the other team and they thanked me for some clutch rezzing, so I'm just going to assume they are going with Anne method of making sure i see them

But holy shit was that more stressful than it needed to be.

ISOM

First we just tried a regular comp to no avail, then we went 2 zarya, 2 zen, 1 rein, 1 bastion

Bastion ult with double zarya shield stacking as well as beams shredding through defense matrix....brutal

Yeah Zarya is the best counter to Dva that and midrange heroes like Hanzo, McCree and 76.

Aranath

Playin like shit tonight. Think I'll take a break.

I feel ya. I just had one of those days. Although, I did finish on a high note, unexpectedly. 33 kills on Volskaya defense as D.Va with a quadruple kill in the final two seconds thanks to a powerup from our Ana.

Man, I miss being low level when most players had no idea how to counter Bastion so easily. Nowadays, I'm lucky to survive a minute before I get flanked from some angle I didn't anticipate and get wiped in a nanosecond. I'm a stickler for turrets and high ROF weapons in games and I adore his design. Feels bad, man.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My buddy and I were just in the absolute ZONE tonight; but we couldn't win anything if our lives depended on it.

At least a handful of times him and I would get to the point, take out four of their team, and die. And yet the other four folks on our team couldn't cap the point. Just unreal.

Also, I feel like I'm not part of an internet joke... at least four (? maybe five) times tonight our Lucio or Zen hit their ULT after half our team was wiped. Just doesn't make any sense. We'd have six folks in there, get curb stomped, and there'd still be five guys left on the enemy, they pop their ult, and so the enemy just holds back and then kills them.

*shrug*

I think I played great, so not too mad. Just... don't understand it at all.

ISOM

My buddy and I were just in the absolute ZONE tonight; but we couldn't win anything if our lives depended on it.

At least a handful of times him and I would get to the point, take out four of their team, and die. And yet the other four folks on our team couldn't cap the point. Just unreal.

Also, I feel like I'm not part of an internet joke... at least four (? maybe five) times tonight our Lucio or Zen hit their ULT after half our team was wiped. Just doesn't make any sense. We'd have six folks in there, get curb stomped, and there'd still be five guys left on the enemy, they pop their ult, and so the enemy just holds back and then kills them.

*shrug*

I think I played great, so not too mad. Just... don't understand it at all.

Lol I had a game like that with Zarya an hour ago. I was battling on Volskaya's second point. I was killing the other team like crazy, 2-3 at time and popped about 3 ults in that 1-2 minute span and yet my team couldn't kill anyone else and we couldnt even cap a 1/3 of the point. I had gotten like 17 kills in that timeframe and my team couldn't do shit. Luckily I was able to pop an ult with 10 seconds left and we had a photofinish lol.

Did my placement matches in the PTR and got a rank of 3253 which puts me in the Diamond ranking. Honestly didn't think I did to well but I guess the game thought otherwise lol. Did them all solo too, wish I had friends who had an interest in playing the game but none of them seem to like it :/

duckroll

Why 2 Zen though? Zen+Lucio would be way better, giving more healing and providing speed as well. Discord doesn't even stack!

Why 2 Zen though? Zen+Lucio would be way better, giving more healing and providing speed as well. Discord doesn't even stack!

The Dva players were stupid and kept focus firing on the rein/bastion. So they were the ones getting orbed and shielded most of the time. So it's more like by chance ended up hard countering not only the chars, but playstyle. It was complete slaughter. Every engagement went to a team wipe.

I backfill a match.
Game ends before I can pick a char.
I get gold medal exp for doing absolutely nothing?

What?

Had the exact same thing happen in a backfill match a while back. Either a bug, or every single person on the team quit and so doing "nothing" was worth a gold, I guess.

Moonkid

nope, sadly. I don't think console even got the Anna buff, yet.
Ah thanks for letting me know. I actually haven't played before she got in so I'm happy that at least we got a new character haha. And I suppose this means D.V.A has her shield recharging now? Time to get a yearly sub.

Azoor

I hate it when people being overly toxic when there is no real need for the toxicity.

One guy bashed me for not healing even though I had like 9K healing by the end of the match.

xaosslug

The increased shot speed and 10 shots? That's in, I'm unaware of anything else?

GGs letdown/dakar/nostyle

lol, shows how much I know. You mean she used to shoot SLOWER than that? Dang. :-x

Ah thanks for letting me know. I actually haven't played before she got in so I'm happy that at least we got a new character haha. And I suppose this means D.V.A has her shield recharging now? Time to get a yearly sub.

well I was wrong about the buff, so yeah Anna buff is in! LOL And yeah, D.Va's a lot more formidable now. :D

I hate it when people being overly toxic when there is no real need for the toxicity.

One guy bashed me for not healing even though I had like 9K healing by the end of the match.

Healing is also going to be a really weird stat because a super good team could mean you have low healing because they didn't take a lot of damage. Or your team could be shit and spread out so it's hard for you to heal them.

Azoor

Healing is also going to be a really weird stat because a super good team could mean you have low healing because they didn't take a lot of damage. Or your team could be shit and spread out so it's hard for you to heal them.

It's very hard to be a Lucio when your team isn't coordinating and everyone goes their own way.

hesido

Consider your team lose if they have Symmetra + Lucio. Symmetra is not a popular character though. Guess people don't want to win.

Both have insane winrates as average (around 60%). Don't know if MasterOverwatch keeps a winrate for combined characters though, but this is would be wonderful statistics.

A question if anybody notices this post: I'm an avid Symmetra player with 66% winrate. This sound like only 16% more than a flip coin, yet for a 66% winrate, I have to win twice as many games as I lose (~33 losing games vs 66 winning games) , so shouldn't it mean I have double the chances of winning, instead of 16%, when I take symmetra? Where the frick am I getting this stat wrong? (I guess I do have a double chance of winning, as the lose rate is 34%, but this goes to show how 66% is really hard to maintain..)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Consider your team lose if they have Symmetra + Lucio. Symmetra is not a popular character though. Guess people don't want to win.

Both have insane winrates as average (around 60%). Don't know if MasterOverwatch keeps a winrate for combined characters though, but this is would be wonderful statistics.

A question if anybody notices this post: I'm an avid Symmetra player with 66% winrate. This sound like only 16% more than a flip coin, yet for a 66% winrate, I have to win twice as many games as I lose (~33 losing games vs 66 winning games) , so shouldn't it mean I have double the chances of winning, instead of 16%, when I take symmetra? Where the frick am I getting this stat wrong? (I guess I do have a double chance of winning, as the lose rate is 34%, but this goes to show how 66% is really hard to maintain..)

That's because you're not looking at pickrates as well.

Symmetra is good on specific situations and maps but won't be picked for much else.

Rad-

Symmetra has a very high win rate because she's amazing in certain early map situations (like first point of Dorado) so you can half carry your team to win with Sym teleport in that first part of the map. My Symmetra has 85.7% win rate but I wouldn't really choose her in most situations.

Btw isn't Ana's ult charge rate pretty crazy? It reminds me of pre-nerf Mercy ult charge rate and McSniper ult charge rate. I have like 4-6 ults per game with Ana. Not that I'm complaining as I think Ana could still use a buff in shooting through full health allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom